IGNORED

Newbie USB Cable Advice Needed

Hi, I am looking into upgrading my DAC late next year (my income is minute) to a Chord 2Qute. I obviously want the best sound from my investment, and I have been looking into what is required Cable wise. Can anyone give me any ideas about what brands or makers I should invest in, bearing in mind my limited budget? I'm  guessing buying the best I can afford is the way to go, so recommendations on where and what to buy will help give me a starting point. 

All the best from Bill. :D

Jriver, Windows 8.1, HP Pavilion G6 2215so Laptop, Dragonfly Black, Quad QCII Preamp, Quad FM 1 Radio, Quad II amp, Quad ESL Electrostatic speaker. 

Okay, so not as important as I thought! Excellent! I am aware of various ifi products, could you give me the product name please @GUTB? Many thanks for your help. 

Thanks for the replies, from Bill.

Jriver, Windows 8.1, HP Pavilion G6 2215so Laptop, Dragonfly Black, Quad QCII Preamp, Quad FM 1 Radio, Quad II amp, Quad ESL Electrostatic speaker. 

@Mansr thanks for your input, I guess when you say budget, it means different things to different people! I am grateful for all recommendations, I am a man who likes to dream! I don't think we need discuss the cables anymore, my mind is at ease now so thanks to all. :D

19 minutes ago, wwaldmanfan said:

Nice. 

15 minutes ago, GUTB said:

Have the power conductor separate but in the same cable is seen a good trade-off. Full separation looks something like this:

http://audiosensibility.com/blog/products-2/digital-cables-occ-copper-and-occ-silver/#!/Signature-Silver-USB-Cable-Type-A-B/p/56176309/category=4059160

Yowzer! That's more than half the cost of my DAC choice!

That's very sensible advice I think. I love Hifi because good music lets you dream. There is some pleasure to be gained from looking at the high end prices and cooing and clucking away at them. This too is a form of dreaming. 

Yes from what you've all been saying to me, it seems like there are more important items in the chain to use my cash on. But I have loved looking at all the recommendations. However if I won the Lottery, I can't promise I wouldn't splurge some cash in the cable department! :D

@rando, could you be a bit more specific? I'm trying to learn, that's my only goal here, but there seems to be a lot of tension on this forum which I am unintentionally stoking. I am not out to cause upset or trouble. 

Thanks @rando, your advice has been taken on board and I will definitely be following it. Your comment that I queried had several different people it could have been aimed at, so thanks for the clarification. Sometimes typing on a web page is no replacement for face to face conversation; things get misinterpreted. 

Thanks once again. 

Ah, yes it is compatible. Thanks for the tip off. 

Bill. 

Edit:

the optical connection (on the 2qute) supports 24bit playback but the coax and usb support upto 32bit if anyone is interested