IGNORED

Newbie USB Cable Advice Needed

25 minutes ago, Bufo Bill said:

Hi, I am looking into upgrading my DAC late next year (my income is minute) to a Chord 2Qute. I obviously want the best sound from my investment, and I have been looking into what is required Cable wise. Can anyone give me any ideas about what brands or makers I should invest in, bearing in mind my limited budget? I'm  guessing buying the best I can afford is the way to go, so recommendations on where and what to buy will help give me a starting point. 

All the best from Bill. :D

The last thing we need here is another cable debate. There is very little difference between digital cables, and what differences there are are not determined by price. What's your budget, anyway?

4 minutes ago, rando said:

Removing ego and status symbols may not be the greatest part of this hobby.  Gathering a number of similar items and methodically determining which works best for your ears in your system is.  So try a few cheap ones and splurge, maybe a whole Jackson, on something from the cable lending library to get a cable just outside your budget for a few weeks.  

Just be aware that The Cable Co. charges you a deposit equal to 5% of what you are borrowing, plus shipping. The deposit is non-refundable, and can only be applied towards purchases.

I have personally tested many USB cables ranging in price from $10 to $200. The one that stood out, but not in a good way, was the $200 boutique cable. There was little difference between the others. Currently using a $50 Kimber Cu USB.

On 12/13/2017 at 4:29 PM, Em2016 said:

Supra use thicker cables/conductors and their cables are somehow certified up to 15m ! Well made.

I have a Supra, Kimber Cu, and Wireworld UV7, all around the same price point. Can not hear a difference. Using the Kimber because it is slightly longer.

I use a Lifatec TosLink from my iMac to my Parasound DAC on my desktop system. Sounds good tonight. 5a33392a6ff2c_BalminGilead.thumb.jpg.8c2298293373be7b29b3d0e59e081aa1.jpg