IGNORED

Article: iFi Micro iDSD Black Label DAC and Headphone Amp Review

You're right about one thing:  The iDSD BL + HD650 is a match made in heaven.  The xBass and 3D switches bring out the best in the HD650.

The other thing I've found is that spending an extra $100 on an iFi iPurifier2 makes a world of difference.  Yes the Black Label has basic purifier tech in it, but the iPurifier2 takes everything up another level of refinement.   The iPurifier2 is a huge bang for the buck.

IMG_0246.thumb.JPG.0d12db44db4767929e6dc9fe23a37646.JPGHP 17z Laptop  >>>  iDefender + iPower  >>>  iGalvanic 3.0  >>>  iPurifier2  >>>  Micro iDSD Black Label  >>>  HD6XX and K553Pro

• 2 months later...
On 3/8/2018 at 8:07 AM, DuckToller said:

@DuckToller

To quote your response above:

"According to my knowledge, apart from the price difference, the absence of some features like XBass, 3dSound and DSD512, available inputs and outputs, FastCharger, PCM only to 384Hz, available MQA-Filter (only Nano), a sufficently lower dynamic range (109db) and finally a different DAC chip, the iFi product pages do not reveal any other differences to me."

Let's be fair here.  The Micro iDSD Black Label has a S/N ratio of 117dB for the DAC section, and 115dB for the AMP section.  The iDSD can do PCM to 768kHz, DSD to 512kHz, and DXD to 768kHz.

That said, the Micro iDSD Black Label is a wonderful device.  Not only have I added an iPurifier2 but now I've added an iGalvanic 3.0.  Now, the sound quality moves from "very good" to "outstanding" and absolutely spotless, top-notch, and pristine.     And, it's still transportable since the whole rig is powered off USB and Battery. 

IMG_0087.JPG

IMG_0246.thumb.JPG.0d12db44db4767929e6dc9fe23a37646.JPGHP 17z Laptop  >>>  iDefender + iPower  >>>  iGalvanic 3.0  >>>  iPurifier2  >>>  Micro iDSD Black Label  >>>  HD6XX and K553Pro