IGNORED

does Audirvana 3 really sound better and is there a windows alternative?

gaia

hi

i bought Audirvana and it really plays better at least for my ears then other software like itunes or others

may i ask you ?

does Audirvana really play better then other (output) ?

and what does Audirvana play better? the decoders ?

and it's there an alternative for windows ? i use foobar but output is not great like Audirvana and i have tried on the same hardware

thanks

iMac sierra 10.12.6, mabook pro sierra 10.12.6 , iphone 6S

Only your ears can tell  :)

Audirvana is coming to Windows really soon,

HQPlayer is really good software if you love to upsample

JRiver has a more friendly playlist look and tagging.

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

9 minutes ago, RunHomeSlow said:

Only your ears can tell  :)

Audirvana is coming to Windows really soon,

HQPlayer is really good software if you love to upsample

JRiver has a more friendly playlist look and tagging.

hi

ok only ears can tell

but honestly , what kind of engine does a+ use?

does it patch files?

from the audirvana 3 plus homepage

thanks

1 minute ago, gaia said:

hi

ok only ears can tell

but honestly , what kind of engine does a+ use?

does it patch files?

from the audirvana 3 plus homepage

thanks

Installation of A+ doesn't patch anything... before it could go deep in OS System to use is Direct Mode 'plugin' for better playback. Since Sierra and Now High Sierra direct mode can't be use because Apple Closed the door to software programmer for security... But if you really need Direct Mode you can still patch your OS by yourself to get it to work again...

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

If you use Sierra and High Sierra Direct Mode option is not there, but if you patch your OS, The option will be back in the preferences...

1 minute ago, RunHomeSlow said:

If you use Sierra and High Sierra Direct Mode option is not there, but if you patch your OS, The option will be back in the preferences...

hi

i use sierra last update ,how can i patch it?

thanks

15 minutes ago, gaia said:

i can't find anything to read in the zip

?? there is a text named: High Sierra Direct Mode Enable.rtf

18 minutes ago, gaia said:

ps why aren't show my signature?

click your name on right top of browser... account settings... signature on the left side...

• 2 months later...
On 12/12/2017 at 9:55 AM, gaia said:

hi

i bought Audirvana and it really plays better at least for my ears then other software like itunes or others

may i ask you ?

does Audirvana really play better then other (output) ?

and what does Audirvana play better? the decoders ?

and it's there an alternative for windows ? i use foobar but output is not great like Audirvana and i have tried on the same hardware

thanks

I can't speak for all software players but Roon beats A+ for sound quality by a substantial margin in my setup.

Streamer dCS Network Bridge DAC Chord DAVE Amplifier / DRC Lyngdorf TDAI-3400 Speakers Lindemann BL-10 | JL audio E-sub e110 Head-fi and reference Bakoon HPA-21 | Audeze LCD-3 (f) Power and isolation Dedicated power line | Xentek extreme isolation transformer (1KVA, balanced) | Uptone Audio EtherREGEN + Ferrum Hypsos | Sonore OpticalModule + Uptone Audio UltraCap LPS-1.2 | Jensen CI-1RR Cables Jorma Digital XLR (digital), Grimm Audio SQM RCA (analog), Kimber 8TC + WBT (speakers), custom star-quad with Oyaide connectors (AC), Ferrum (DC) and Ghent (ethernet) Software dCS Mosaic | Tidal | Qobuz

• 2 weeks later...

Not for me. Mainly mac for music A+ only, but didn’t change anything for HQPlayer or JRiver they still work, my mac sound is the same i can still use the mac sound for viewing youtube in my tv screen...

5 hours ago, RunHomeSlow said:

Not for me. Mainly mac for music A+ only, but didn’t change anything for HQPlayer or JRiver they still work, my mac sound is the same i can still use the mac sound for viewing youtube in my tv screen...

one last question..... is there a possiblity of bricking my mac mini?  I don't have any data to lose, so if I have to reinstall the OS, I really don't care.  But I am concerned about rendering my mac completely unusable and unrecoverable if I screw up the 'superuser do' commands.  Hopefully, the worst that could happen is I have to factory restore the OS from the 'high sierra install' USB disk I made a couple months ago.  

16 minutes ago, buonassi said:

Hopefully, the worst that could happen is I have to factory restore the OS from the 'high sierra install' USB disk I made a couple months ago.

If you screw it yes you will have to restore, but it is not difficult, just some copy paste and restarts

24 minutes ago, RunHomeSlow said:

If you screw it yes you will have to restore, but it is not difficult, just some copy paste and restarts

Oh, I forgot to thank you for the download files.  So Thanks!  I wasn't able to get a copy of el capitan kext so I appreciate it, as well as the detailed instructions in the rtf file, AND the repairPermissions app!  All in one download.  Awesome.  

14 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

Yes, it sounds outstanding.  Better if you enable Direct Mode (Takes some work). Sitting at my iMac using it now and it sounds spectacularly good.  SO much I stop my browsing often just to listen.

you're on high sierra?  I'm on 10.13.3 and going to take the plunge tomorrow to enable direct mode.  Just looking for more success stories with high sierra before I do.  

35 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

Yes I am actually on the beta of 10.13.4 and it works fine and sounds wonderful.

boom, I'm there.  Something sounds a little sweeter my friends - cymbals smoother, less sibilance, harshness?  It's hard to know for sure without spending some time and seeing if my "enjoyment level" goes up.  It sounded great before but .....   I'll report back.  

The instructions worked like a charm @RunHomeSlow - all I need to do is lock down the system SIP again.