41 minutes ago, jhwalker said:

Audirvana does a nice job with this, as well, with no pushback from Qobuz.

So it seems the conflict is Roon's desire not to "break" their UX model to allow simple playback without all their bells and whistles, as Qobuz has already shown they don't mind other programs repackaging their material.

I think with Qobuz coming to the US, Roon will adapt.  They really need another source.  Integrated access to all that real lossless HD audio streaming will only be requested more and more.

Roon Rock->Auralic Aria G2->Schiit Yggdrasil A2->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301 Monos->Wilson Audio Sabrinas

I'm curious, what your decision is based on to use Sublime instead of Sublime +?

Do you find the downloaded HiRes files higher sq than the streamed HiRes?

(I'm interested to try Qobuz when released in the US to answer that question for myself.)

If they sound the same, it seems to make sense to simply stream rather than purchase downloads.

@Musicophile I agree with your motivation 100%. I'm a subscriber of Qobuz Sublime and not Sublime + for the same reasons.

I just have some trouble with Qobuz because of their not existing quality control. Perhaps, you as Classical/Jazz music lover are not so much affected, but in their catalog for Rock, Blues or Pop music are still a significant number of upsampled HiRes fakes. 

I wouldn't buy any HiRes files from Qobuz without checking them with a proper analysis tool. As Sublime + subscriber and streaming only listener, it is much more difficult to verify the real content quality in case that your ears notice that there may be something wrong. One of the reasons why the labels like streaming.

By the way, if you buy a new 24/44.1 or /48 HiRes album today, you cannot be sure that it is the best possible (final) version. For new albums, it's very likely that there is a master in better resolution and possibly rereleased in a view years as 24/96 or higher. For comprehensible commercial reasons, the labels avoid selling their "crown jewels" finally and another reason why they like streaming and MQA.

@bobbmd congratulations! Thank you. Very nice images. Next time it might be easier to try saving a screen shot to disc and then dragging the file to the paperclip icon at the bottom of the post you're composing. 

This is very useful. What I see there is similar to what is in all third-party apps: album art, album names, and artist names. No biographies, lists of related albums, or other text content from the Qobuz website and apps, and no "Hi-Res" logos even when albums are hi-res. When you click into an album, I expect you get track names and other basic info.

Am I correct? 

Everyone wants to date my avatar.

4 hours ago, #Yoda# said:

I wouldn't buy any HiRes files from Qobuz without checking them with a proper analysis tool.

Could you explain more about how to check it before buying?  (Indirectly via other website databases?)  Thanks.

Peter Lie

LUMIN Firmware Lead

1 hour ago, left channel said:

@bobbmd congratulations! Thank you. Very nice images. Next time it might be easier to try saving a screen shot to disc and then dragging the file to the paperclip icon at the bottom of the post you're composing. 

This is very useful. What I see there is similar to what is in all third-party apps: album art, album names, and artist names. No biographies, lists of related albums, or other text content from the Qobuz website and apps, and no "Hi-Res" logos even when albums are hi-res. When you click into an album, I expect you get track names and other basic info.

Am I correct? 

You actually get a bit more than that:

Screen Shot 2018-02-28 at 10.15.06 PM.png

. . . and if Qobuz offers a PDF booklet, you can view that, too - see the "book" icon on the upper right of the details window.

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system

I really like the Qobuz desktop app.  Rather than using squeezer or iPeng9 or even A+ I wish Sonore would support Cast on the ultraRendu.  The Qobuz desktop app does support the Cast function.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

Boy do I wish the microrendu /ultrarendu would support cast as well. There are quite a few instances where it would be useful. I hope they are listening!!!!

EtherRegen powered by Sonore UltraCap LPS1.2 -> Optical Cable ->OpticalRendu powered by SGC 50w LPS -> Ghent silver plated ->star quad USB (JSSG360)->Denafrips Hermes DDC -> i2S HDMI (Clocked by Terminator Dac via BNC)->Denafrips Terminator II Dac->Linear Tube Audio Preamplifier->Melody 845M Monoblocks -> Silversmith Fidelium Speaker Cables->Pure Audio Project Trio15 Coaxial Open Baffle Speakers->2X SVS 4000 Subwoofers->All connected to PSAudio P10 Power Plant

1 hour ago, left channel said:

I assume you have a France account; mine is UK so it's all in the Queen's English, or mostly English anyway.

I have a French account, but the desktop app allows me to choose English.  I'm sure there's a popup on your UK desktop app to choose other languages.

HQPlayer (on 3.8 GHz 8-core i7 iMac 2020) > NAA (on 2012 Mac Mini i7) > RME ADI-2 v2 > Benchmark AHB-2 > Thiel 3.7

3 hours ago, wklie said:

Could you explain more about how to check it before buying?  (Indirectly via other website databases?)  Thanks.

I cannot check the files before buying, but Qobuz usually offer a refund when I can prove my complaint with a graphic report of the tool.

4 hours ago, #Yoda# said:

I cannot check the files before buying, but Qobuz usually offer a refund when I can prove my complaint with a graphic report of the tool.

I've had a small number of upsampled albums which Qobuz refunded immediately (their customer service is overall quite decent), but much less so in recent years.

This may however be due to the fact that I mainly buy recent productions by good labels like Harmonia Mundi or ECM. I believe the false high-res problem is more often found in remasters of older albums. Did you see any pattern emerge in the false high-res albums?

1 hour ago, Musicophile said:

I've had a small number of upsampled albums which Qobuz refunded immediately (their customer service is overall quite decent), but much less so in recent years.

This may however be due to the fact that I mainly buy recent productions by good labels like Harmonia Mundi or ECM. I believe the false high-res problem is more often found in remasters of older albums. Did you see any pattern emerge in the false high-res albums?

You are right, I've downloaded less newer false HiRes albums in the past two years, but the older ones are still in their catalog. And yes, there is a pattern. Not all, but most of my upsampled albums are well known Rock/Blues/Folk albums from the 70s, rereleased as HiRes version between 2012 and 2015, usually by a Universal Music Group division.

I've downloaded not so much Classical or Jazz from Qobuz.com because until I subscribed Sublime a view months ago, Highresaudio.com usually had the better prices and the better HiRes catalog for this genres anyway, not to mention the guaranteed quality.