@Musicophile I know Audirvana is good but I prefer to stream Qobuz via LMS to Squeezelite-X and other Squeezy streamers. The software is free and well-supported, an ASIO driver sounds particularly good on my Windows boxes, and streaming via my other endpoints sounds great too.

@mav52 when I do use the official Qobuz Windows app it's not as zippy as the Tidal app, especially on a low-power fanless PC I recently added as an endpoint in my media room. Other users have more complaints, but I think the app is great, it just requires too many system resources. We're told the Qobuz devs are working on that.

Everyone wants to date my avatar.

Been lurking for  while, finally signed up here.   Have had my Qobuz usa acct for a week now.

So far so good, but wrinkles just need ironing out.  I am an exclusive linux user and that's where I'm seeing the only downsides to Qobuz so far over Tidal.  No app, which is fine by me, used to that with Tidal and everything else.  But haven't got firefox or chrome to behave right with the web player yet.  I set the output to hi-res (have studio acct), select hi-res track and play.  Bottom of screen shows the correct hi res format detected...but if you poke around in the /proc/asound directory to see what ALSA is actually doing....it's hard set at 44100 and won't budge no matter how I try to get around it.

Runs great through LMS/squeezelite on linux though with one huge exception: pause doesn't work.  You pause/hit play and track starts over at beginning, local files and tidal don't that.  Don't know who to blame for that one yet, it could be Qobuz, could be LMS, could be the LMS plugin.  Been lazy and haven't debugged it yet. 

Way better for me than Tidal.  Sound quality like everyone keeps saying is superior, really hear it with tracks mixed heavy in reverb or echo.  I'm doing way less fiddling with resampling/filters/etc to get the sound the way i like it. 

I'm more of a rock/prog/metal listener....good catalogs there in case anyone is wondering.  Finding a LOT of 96khz+ content and it sounds really good.  The tidal metal streams are just nowhere near as good.

@BrokeLinuxPhile welcome! I agree, sounds great. That LMS pause problem happens on Windows too, and is worth asking about in the Qobuz plugin thread over on the slimdevices forum. And I don't mean to knock the tech chops of the folks here, but you'd probably get more responses on the ALSA issue on slimdevices too. But the web player not working in Linux, that's worth asking the Qobuz reps about in the official Official Qobuz Issues thread on this forum. I'll be interested to see if they're willing to support Linux. Glad to hear from another Qobuz fan! 

Everyone wants to date my avatar.

3 minutes ago, wgscott said:

I got my beta trial membership two days before it goes public.

First thing I tried was to use it in Audirvana.  It plays for like 20 seconds and then freezes and starts qobuzzing.

Are you trying all the DSP stuff with it, or starting out simple?

Works nicely here.

Sample track you're trying to play, just to check it's not something A+ doesn't like about it/them in particular?

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

35 minutes ago, wgscott said:

I got my beta trial membership two days before it goes public.

First thing I tried was to use it in Audirvana.  It plays for like 20 seconds and then freezes and starts qobuzzing.

Echoing Jud here. I haven't seen any glitches yet with A+, but I am not applying any DSP to the signal. Only a simple signal path from Mac Pro to Kii Control...

4 hours ago, BrokeLinuxPhile said:

Been lurking for  while, finally signed up here.   Have had my Qobuz usa acct for a week now.

So far so good, but wrinkles just need ironing out.  I am an exclusive linux user and that's where I'm seeing the only downsides to Qobuz so far over Tidal.  No app, which is fine by me, used to that with Tidal and everything else.  But haven't got firefox or chrome to behave right with the web player yet.  I set the output to hi-res (have studio acct), select hi-res track and play.  Bottom of screen shows the correct hi res format detected...but if you poke around in the /proc/asound directory to see what ALSA is actually doing....it's hard set at 44100 and won't budge no matter how I try to get around it.

Windows web player is the same AFAICT (limited to 16/44.1).  I'll go over to Linux in a minute here and see about pause.

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

4 hours ago, BrokeLinuxPhile said:

So far so good, but wrinkles just need ironing out.  I am an exclusive linux user and that's where I'm seeing the only downsides to Qobuz so far over Tidal.

Runs great through LMS/squeezelite on linux though with one huge exception: pause doesn't work.  You pause/hit play and track starts over at beginning, local files and tidal don't that.  Don't know who to blame for that one yet, it could be Qobuz, could be LMS, could be the LMS plugin.  Been lazy and haven't debugged it yet. 

4 minutes ago, Jud said:

Windows web player is the same AFAICT (limited to 16/44.1).  I'll go over to Linux in a minute here and see about pause.

Whoops, sorry, I see you were talking about LMS/squeezelite on Linux.  I'm using the web player, following the directions here: https://nuvola.tiliado.eu/app/qobuz/ubuntu/  Pause works fine in that setup.

15 hours ago, Jud said:

Are you trying all the DSP stuff with it, or starting out simple?

Works nicely here.

Sample track you're trying to play, just to check it's not something A+ doesn't like about it/them in particular?

I turned off everything. Problem persists.

Am I supposed to give them my credit card for the free trial?  Maybe it is just skipping around free demo samples or something.

I have not had issues running the Qobuz beta on either of my Roon installations, nor my other pair of Auirvana+  (windows10) installs on laptops. Looking forward to the end of beta, so the Sonos implementation will come out. I already cancelled Tidal.

[Home Digital] MSB Premier DAC > Modright LS300 > Atma-Sphere "Class D" Monoblocks > Daedalus Audio Muse Studio Speakers

[Home Analog] Technics SL-1200G > Boulder 508 (Benz Glider SL)

[Office] Laptop > Kitsune R2R lvl3 > Violectric V281 > Meze Liric / Meze Elite

[Travel] Laptop/iPad -> Focal Bathys

Not sure if this is the right place, but I just saw something that really galled me. Linn Records announced they are going to start streaming their catalog for the first time on ... Apple Music. (see email blast below).

I've sent them feedback urging them to partner with Qobuz and stream in hi-res as well. Given their high-end roots, their anti-MQA stance, and their excellent recording engineering, it's a natural fit. 

They need to hear from more of us. Please feel free to email them at Linn Records <[email protected]>

====================

Linn Records Is Now On Apple Music

Want to listen to albums in full? Discover hand-picked selections that will ensure many hours of contented listening? Visit Linn Records' Curator Profile on Apple Music to enjoy exclusive playlists or stream one of over four hundred albums from start to finish.

This is the first time our complete catalog has been available to stream. If you're not sure where to start, try one of our seven curated playlists, each designed to introduce you to our artists and repertoire.

We are thrilled to introduce conductor Robin Ticciati as our first Guest Curator. Robin has compiled an exclusive playlist which gives an insight into his own personal tastes as well as charting his work with orchestras such as the SCO, DSO Berlin and SRSO.

===================

@AudioDoctor sorry for late reply to your #326 post - my RAM is OK what i did do was go back on ROON backups and restored back to FEB 13th when my problem(s) started it took 1/2 to full day but everything came back and loading speed was 'faster' after continued looong initial loading still weird inconsistencies on ROON with Qobuz but i can live with them and am sure they will work themselves out

So you can do a search by record label within Qobuz app. In roon it does a focus and only shows the albums you’ve already added. 

So I do have an issue with all the new additions, all the one that say hi-res, are only cd quality for streaming. Not sure if this is a mistake or these labels only allow hi-res downloads. If it’s the latter, heard this will be fixed in roon in the future. Kind of sucks to have so many hi-res albums the can’t be streamed. 

I have a question regarding Qobuz. It is probably more of a Roon question but I have not found the Roon forums to be very helpful for Qobuz questions.

What actually happens when I chose to add an album from Qobuz to my "Library"?

Is this just a link that now appears along with my own local material viewed through the Roon interface? ... Or does Qobuz download the actual files to my local library(hard drive) as if I owned them, at least as long as I subscribe to Qobuz? 

I am considering starting to do this so that my playlists in the Roon interface can have an "Album view" for my Qobuz material rather than the very balky "track view" that we currently have when looking at Qobuz playlists in the Roon app.... 

Basically I am struggling with the very different way that playlists in the Roon application are handled by Qobuz.

"Don't Believe Everything You Think"

System

49 minutes ago, mourip said:

I have a question regarding Qobuz. It is probably more of a Roon question but I have not found the Roon forums to be very helpful for Qobuz questions.

What actually happens when I chose to add an album from Qobuz to my "Library"?

Is this just a link that now appears along with my own local material viewed through the Roon interface? ... Or does Qobuz download the actual files to my local library(hard drive) as if I owned them, at least as long as I subscribe to Qobuz? 

I am considering starting to do this so that my playlists in the Roon interface can have an "Album view" for my Qobuz material rather than the very balky "track view" that we currently have when looking at Qobuz playlists in the Roon app.... 

Basically I am struggling with the very different way that playlists in the Roon application are handled by Qobuz.

When you add a Qobuz album to your Roon library, it does not get downloaded to your computer. For that you have to buy it from Qobuz and download it to your music library folder on your server. 

Adding a Qobuz streaming album to your Roon  library means that Roon treats it as if it was part of your library folder when searching and sorting, etc. That means it’s always “handy” in Roon for you and displays as if it was on your HD.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)