I’ve been testing Qobuz beta in roon last night. Love that it shows the file quality. I was easily able to compare Qobuz 24/96 vs Tidal MQA 24/96 unfolded by roon and sent to HQPlayer upsampled to 128dsd. Qobuz easily won. Heard finer details, soundstage bigger, and more air. MQA sounds like has a filter applied to it smoothing it over. Think sound is meant to get the last conversion from MQA dac to sound right. 

I do have an ifi micro that can do that, so might test fully converted MQA file vs 24/96 file with no upsampling. 

But so far based on how a normally listen at home, I’d have to stick with Qobuz. Only issue is their beta library is missing a lot of stuff I have on Tidal. Hoping that changes on official launch. I can then just rebatch Tidal to Qobuz in Soundliz and pull over all the additional added catalog. Too bad roon did add this kind of feature. 

• 5 weeks later...

So you can do a search by record label within Qobuz app. In roon it does a focus and only shows the albums you’ve already added. 

So I do have an issue with all the new additions, all the one that say hi-res, are only cd quality for streaming. Not sure if this is a mistake or these labels only allow hi-res downloads. If it’s the latter, heard this will be fixed in roon in the future. Kind of sucks to have so many hi-res albums the can’t be streamed.