• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, bobbmd said:

@left channel : Just received an email from Qobuz help-support they said if i(you anyone else) gets USA account you will lose everything on your European account so they say keep the European account and keep logged in

Can you  try again and tell us what they actually told you? I have no idea what your post means.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

• left channel changed the title to Qobuz USA launching soon!
  • 4 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, mourip said:

I am a bit confused about how I should proceed. I live in the US. I have been enjoying a hires "society" plan based via Great Britain for about 5 months. It should expire at the end of this month, February. I was also recently invited to join the US beta for one month. I have not started that yet as I have no reason to believe that I will have an option to migrate to the Live US release by the end of the beta period. I guess that I could start paying for the regular GB subscription but I am hesitant as it seems likely that the US version is close at hand...

One way or the other I plan to start paying for QB but the current situation is a bit awkward...

My understanding is that if you ask, Qobuz will migrate you to the US.

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

• 2 weeks later...
49 minutes ago, mourip said:

I have a question regarding Qobuz. It is probably more of a Roon question but I have not found the Roon forums to be very helpful for Qobuz questions.

What actually happens when I chose to add an album from Qobuz to my "Library"?

Is this just a link that now appears along with my own local material viewed through the Roon interface? ... Or does Qobuz download the actual files to my local library(hard drive) as if I owned them, at least as long as I subscribe to Qobuz? 

I am considering starting to do this so that my playlists in the Roon interface can have an "Album view" for my Qobuz material rather than the very balky "track view" that we currently have when looking at Qobuz playlists in the Roon app.... 

Basically I am struggling with the very different way that playlists in the Roon application are handled by Qobuz.

When you add a Qobuz album to your Roon library, it does not get downloaded to your computer. For that you have to buy it from Qobuz and download it to your music library folder on your server. 

Adding a Qobuz streaming album to your Roon  library means that Roon treats it as if it was part of your library folder when searching and sorting, etc. That means it’s always “handy” in Roon for you and displays as if it was on your HD.