Yes, I switched from Tidal to Qobuz ... if you're a jazz lover, the Qobuz catalogue is superb and includes many European jazz titles not available anywhere else. No MQA or DSD (currently) ... but no big deal for me. Their Sublime package also lets you buy HiRes downloads at lower prices in many cases. I also value their online magazine about music and equipment.

Main System: NAS or QOBUZ > BlueSound Node 2i > Schiit Gungnir MultiBit > PYST XLR > Schiit Mjolnir 2 or Gilmore Lite MK2

Office System: iMac > Audirvana > Schiit EITR + Audiophonics LPS25 > Metrum FLINT NOS DAC (DAC TWO chips) > Schiit Magni 3+ > Aeon Flow Open

Loudspeaker System: NAIM Muso Gen 2

@Bob Stern .... no, that's correct .....you wouldn't see Qobuz prices or promotions in Audirvana. 

Main System: NAS or QOBUZ > BlueSound Node 2i > Schiit Gungnir MultiBit > PYST XLR > Schiit Mjolnir 2 or Gilmore Lite MK2

Office System: iMac > Audirvana > Schiit EITR + Audiophonics LPS25 > Metrum FLINT NOS DAC (DAC TWO chips) > Schiit Magni 3+ > Aeon Flow Open

One other feature I value in Qobuz/Audirvana are the cover infos on many of the albums, in addition to the notes.

@#Yoda# Good assessment and I fear you may be right.

On 18/12/2017 at 12:15 AM, #Yoda# said:

@CharenteI don't know, if you've noticed it already, but there has been a very significant rise of HiRes download prices from many labels to > € 20, the Qobuz discount is even more profitable for Sublime subscribers but ruinous for Qobuz and presumably other download stores. It is not so obvious at Qobuz and HRA because they are still selling many albums at the same price but reduced resolution. It seems as the major labels want to bury HiRes downloads in favor of streaming services. 

Interesting thought, and no I hadn't noticed. I mainly buy from HRA (almost in bulk during their promo deals !) and have seen quite a few of their (Jazz) labels regularly priced at €15. I often find HRA cheaper than Qobuz . Nor had I noticed that they were tending lower resolutions.  I presume HRA is still ALL 24 bit ?  On sample rates, I'm not sure it bothers me personally (other than VFM) ... my ageing ears aren't what they used to be to in detecting the difference between 48/96/192.

However, I had thought that the labels were struggling to get any meaningful revenues from streaming service providers, so, IF that's true, why would they 'bury HiRes downloads in favor of streaming...' ?

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, rickca said:

Wow, OK at those prices Qobuz can't get to the USA fast enough.  I'm currently paying those rates in euros.

Exactly ! This is a deal. So, how does this compare to Tidal in the US ?

16 minutes ago, rickca said:

This is funny.  Now Europeans are going to try to sign up in the USA to save money.  Qobuz will have to do something to prevent that.  Except for the MQA and rap aficiandos, I think many people will switch from TIDAL to Qobuz.  I did that a couple of years ago and have never looked back.

If you like jazz and classical, I find Qobuz superior.

I wonder if the catalogue will be the same as Europe ... we get some great European Jazz artists here that I didn't see so much on Tidal before I switched.