IGNORED

Occasional SACD backup problem

DYB

Hello everyone,

This is my first post here, so I apologize if it's in the wrong place!

I use a PS3 to backup my SACDs (which then go into storage because I live in a small studio apartment.) But I have a few SACS that the PS3 will not back up. It is able to read it for playback, but the backup software does nothing with them once it's launched. There are only 2 discs it does it to, and both are from labels that have been backed up successfully many times before. One is a Pentatone recording of Brahms' 2nd Piano Concerto (Misha Dichter, Kurt Masur) and the other is the last disc of the Sidney Opera "Ring" cycle (so it's disc 14 only that's a problem).

Anybody have any idea what might be happening? Not only is the software not recognizing the discs, but I can't even shut down the PS3 properly. It freezes, so I have to crash-shut down the machine.

Thanks everyone!

I don't know if the length of the file name could do this. One of the recordings is a disc 4 of Wagner's "Gotterdammerung" set. The first 3 discs backed up fine. I can't imagine what they'd do to the name of the 4th one to not work. BTW, I first assumed there was some issue with the disc, so I bought a new version of the recording. And the same thing happens. 4th disc freezes the machine.:(