IGNORED

Passive Ethernet Isolation...

On another message board someone had mentioned migrating from FMC to a passive approach and mentioned Emo Systems. He had been using their EN-70D.  I initially bought that and it was very good, but the bummer is that I needed another ethernet cable between it and any device.  I mentioned to Emo that it would be great if they had a solution which took the virtues of the EN-70D but was pigtailed so you didn't need another cable.  Emo pointed me to their EN-60KDS.  I installed it and it has been a significant improvement.  By significant, I mean you need  a 10 second listen to hear the difference.  Everything is way more cohesive and resolved.  Strangely, the integration between my sub and speakers is now absolutely seamless with the bass being fuller.  That was probably the biggest improvement.  Before things were a bit disjointed.  The cost was $200.  I've got it between my router and my SonicTransporter I5 which is being fed by an Uptone Audio JS-2 which is then feeding an Ultra Rendu/LPS-1 combo.  

The usual disclaimer applies here.  No affiliation with the company.  Just a very happy camper and wanted to alert others to the virtue of this relatively cheap tweak.  It's more expensive than the FMC approach, but then some are using upgrading psu's for their FMCs.  In that context, it's an absolute bargain which also simplifies things greatly.

Digital:  SonicTransporter I5 powered by Uptone JS-2,  Ghent Ethernet throughout, Ultra-Rendu's, Ghent DC cables, Curious and Ghent USB

Living Room:  Rethm Trishna, MicroZotl2, Auralic Vega, Rel E112 sub (High Fidelity ic's, DIY pc's and speaker wire from VH Audio)

Office:  Chord Hugo2, Feniks Essence, Rel 218, Noble Kaiser Encores, PM3

Well, thanks... I don't understand what does it mean ""a lot of less" because I see 160 USD!
Anyway, (sorry for my totally ignorance about this) one device only like that one you quote, will be enough? And... where insert it?
The chain audio I own is:

NAS to Router; 
RENDERER/STREAMER to router
RENDERER/STREAMER to DAC via 110 Ohm XLR cable (AES/EBU)

I believe that Baaske and EMO may be a joint venture now.

On the EMO US site they now list the EN-1005 as a product, looks like the Baaske.

$140.00 US, in the EMO shopping section.

• HQPE 1.4/1.5 MHz 20 Bit PCM
  • Streaming Qobuz or playing files from external SSD
  • Surface Go 3 i3 Tablet with HQPlayer Client
  • ISP Cable Modem -> Ethernet -> Sonore opticalModule 
  • Sonore opticalModule  -> 20m Fiber -> Sonore opticalModule -> Ethernet -> Managed Switch
  • Managed Switch -> Ethernet -> Sonore opticalModule Deluxe -> 5m Fiber -> Sonore Sig Rendu SE Optical ( HQPlayer NAA )
  • Managed Switch -> Ethernet ->Small Green Computer sonicTransporter i9 Optical ( HQPlayer Embedded )
  • Sonore Sig Rendu SE Optical -> USB -> Holo Audio KTE May
  • Holo Audio KTE May -> XLR -> Goldpoint SA1X/47 -> XLR to Decware ZBIT -> RCA to Decware ZSTAGE25 -> RCA to Decware SE84UFO25 -> Avantgarde Duo Omega Horns with Townshend Audio Ribbon Super Tweeters
  • Decware SE84UFO25 -> Speaker Level to Jensen IsoMax Balanced Converter -> XLR Rives PARC -> XLR Avantgarde SUB225s

No use to me, my house is in metres...O.o

Its an isolation pulse transformer, with some capacitance across it so HF noise will have an escape path, in fact its pretty much the same isolation pulse transformer that is on every Ethernet port.. And if you don't use the screened Ethernet cable you wont have a ground loop anyway, and even then its a bit of a tenuous one.

10 hours ago, znorter_1 said:

Anyway, (sorry for my totally ignorance about this) one device only like that one you quote, will be enough? And... where insert it?
The chain audio I own is:

NAS to Router; 
RENDERER/STREAMER to router
RENDERER/STREAMER to DAC via 110 Ohm XLR cable (AES/EBU)

Thanks so much for the eBay link... but some questions remains 9_9