IGNORED

CA Readers Choice Awards 2017

Four critical components in my main listening chain are new or have received major upgrades this year.  I have never enjoyed better sound, neither has listening been more convenient nor my computer audio infrastructure more stable.  That's progress!

1. Roon 1.3 with huge improvements to playlists and tagging, better library management, DSP, composers/compositions etc.  The best just got very much better.

2. Sonore microRendu.  2.5 Firmware and clock upgrade.  Ditto above.  A "class A" digital transport for $640.  Outstanding!

3. Uptone LPS-1 (with a special award (sainthood?) to John Swenson please!)

4. Devialet Expert Core Infinity upgrade.  Bought a D-Premier nearly 5 years ago and in pretty much the fastest-developing area of audio technology it is still fully supported and being regularly enhanced with hardware and software upgrades.  For all the whingeing I see on the Devialet boards I challenge anyone to point to a high-end audio brand with this level of commitment to upgradability.  Nominated for this as much for relentlessly pushing the ball upfield on sound quality.