IGNORED

CA Readers Choice Awards 2017

So I am a newbie to this forum (and not a robot, at least the last time I looked), but out of all the gear i've bought this year (ATC speakers, Chord DAC, Bryston amp) the SOtM Ultra line of products (sMS-200ultra, tX-USBultra, sPS-500) are the most impressive.

Still pretty shocked that SOtM might be creating fake accounts mind you. 

10 minutes ago, lmitche said:

May Park of SOTM sent an email early this morning asking that recipients vote for SOTM products in this thread. It included a suggested list of the top three sotm products.

I have asked her to remove my address from her mailing list.

There's a pretty big difference between 'getting the vote out' and rigging an election. 

8 minutes ago, Samuel T Cogley said:

If, as it appears, SOtM is creating accounts here just to "vote" for their products, that would completely turn me off to the company.  That's unethical IMHO, and a company that can justify this kind of behavior may be able to justify more malevolent actions.  Best to avoid them completely I think.

Whilst that is clearly cheating, encouraging people to vote clearly isn't. 

3 minutes ago, davide256 said:

Sonore sent an email to their customers asking them to participate but I view that as  fair. Seems to me that for now, any account generated on or after the start of this thread should be disallowed for voting. And that in future,some minimum posting activity required to discourage preregistered "bot" accounts.

So a satisfied customer who happened to be new to this thread couldn't vote?