IGNORED

Anyone using HQPD app?

tboooe

On 2/23/2021 at 6:49 PM, Lio_B said:

Hi Ales,

don’t know if this request allready existing !

is it possible to have the widget, when the iphone or iPad is locked, to have some basics commands: play - pause - Next track - previous and a volume slide ?
thanks again for your work 

Hi,

I'll see what can be done.
But I don't think Flutter has a corresponding multiplatform component at the moment.
This would mean that this feature would have to be programmed separately for Android and separately for iOS.
For iOS, the solution is version dependent.
I'm not very optimistic.

Developer of HQPDcontrol.

I use roon to control my music library and HQP 4 only to up sample music to DSD512.  So I have no library in HQP 4.  Is there a way to use this app to control just the volume in HQP 4?  I downloaded the app and it sees HQP 4 just fine but I see no way to access the volume.  Swipe R, up, down L long press nothing works.  Looking to get a new dac with no volume control so HQP would be my volume control.

1 hour ago, Quadman said:

I use roon to control my music library and HQP 4 only to up sample music to DSD512.  So I have no library in HQP 4.  Is there a way to use this app to control just the volume in HQP 4?  I downloaded the app and it sees HQP 4 just fine but I see no way to access the volume.  Swipe R, up, down L long press nothing works.  Looking to get a new dac with no volume control so HQP would be my volume control.

Version 6.0.18-432 with HQPE 4.22.2 works for me.

https://prochazkaa.cz/pub/Qemu_2021.03.03-01.28.55.02.mp4

On 2/28/2021 at 10:04 PM, arglebargle said:

Hi @Ales Prochazka . Very grateful for the iOS version but would you say there are advantages to running the app on Android? Am I missing out on performance or features by not getting an Android tablet? Cheers for any info!

In terms of functionality, both versions are identical.
When it comes to performance, I don't have much to compare.
I use Android.
I have only one iOS device - a small phone.
However, it is said that iOS devices are faster.

• 2 months later...

I've been struggling to add albums to anything that is already in the HQP Queue. For example, if I already have Album A in the HQP Queue and then go back to the Albums list and select Album B, I can't find a way of just adding Album B to the queue while allowing Album A to continue playing. There are various options for adding Album B, like Add album (album transport), Add album and play (album transport), Add album, etc. But whichever option I choose removes Album A from the queue and replaces it with Album B.

What should I do to just add Album B to Album A in the queue?

1 hour ago, lotusaurus said:

I've been struggling to add albums to anything that is already in the HQP Queue. For example, if I already have Album A in the HQP Queue and then go back to the Albums list and select Album B, I can't find a way of just adding Album B to the queue while allowing Album A to continue playing. There are various options for adding Album B, like Add album (album transport), Add album and play (album transport), Add album, etc. But whichever option I choose removes Album A from the queue and replaces it with Album B.

What should I do to just add Album B to Album A in the queue?

If an album is queued in "album transport" mode, no more albums or individual songs can be added.

If an album is queued in "playlist transport" mode (eg "Add album" option), it is possible to add more albums or individual songs to the queue (use options without "album transport").

HQPlayer works slightly differently in both modes with the "Adaptive gain" function (if you use it).

1. Add album (album transport) option - HQPlayer runs in "album transport" mode - the queue content is deleted and the selected album is inserted.
  2. Add album and play (album transport) option - like 1 plus start playback.
  3. Add album option - HQPlayer runs in "playlist transport" mode:
    • if HQPlayer has been in "album transport" mode so far, the queue will be deleted and the contents of the album will be inserted
    • if HQPlayer is already in "playlist transport" mode, the album tracks will be added to the end of the queue
  4. Add album and replace option - HQPlayer runs in "playlist transport" mode - the content of the queue is deleted and the items of the selected album are inserted
  5. Add album, replace and play option - like 4 plus start playback

Thanks so much. I had been wondering how to get into playlist transport mode, because when I select an album there's only a prominent button for "Play album transport". Just a small point, but when the app is first started, is it possible to start playing an album in "playlist mode", without first selecting Add album and then playing it? In other words, a bit like having a button for "Play in playlist mode"?

It's really a small point; HQPDcontrol is so useful already. Being able to sit in your chair and select your music with just your phone is under-appreciated. And you can control the volume!

29 minutes ago, lotusaurus said:

Thanks so much. I had been wondering how to get into playlist transport mode, because when I select an album there's only a prominent button for "Play album transport". Just a small point, but when the app is first started, is it possible to start playing an album in "playlist mode", without first selecting Add album and then playing it? In other words, a bit like having a button for "Play in playlist mode"?

It's really a small point; HQPDcontrol is so useful already. Being able to sit in your chair and select your music with just your phone is under-appreciated. And you can control the volume!

I have a bit of a problem with that.

I understand "playlist transport" in such a way that it serves for the user to set up a queue of songs according to their needs. Ie. he wants to have something in queue other than one particular album.

From this point of view, the button that queues the album in the "playlist transport" mode and starts playing it doesn't make much sense to me.

Please also note that there is specific distinction in HQPlayer between playing in "album transport" mode vs playing in "playlist transport" mode.

In album transport mode all tracks are assumed to be in one format, certain order and belong together and form one consistent piece. While in playlist transport mode tracks are assumed to be independent and not in any particular order or format.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

4 hours ago, Miska said:

Please also note that there is specific distinction in HQPlayer between playing in "album transport" mode vs playing in "playlist transport" mode.

In album transport mode all tracks are assumed to be in one format, certain order and belong together and form one consistent piece. While in playlist transport mode tracks are assumed to be independent and not in any particular order or format.

Point noted. From a pure music queueing viewpoint, this means there is no restriction on adding albums to playlist transport mode.

9 hours ago, Ales Prochazka said:

I have a bit of a problem with that.

I understand "playlist transport" in such a way that it serves for the user to set up a queue of songs according to their needs. Ie. he wants to have something in queue other than one particular album.

From this point of view, the button that queues the album in the "playlist transport" mode and starts playing it doesn't make much sense to me.

There are two ways in which I often use the app:

1. Say I want to listen to Super Hits of the 70s, which comes on 5 discs (don't judge me 😉) . I don't necessarily want to listen to every track, but I would like to have them in the queue so that I can choose which ones to listen to. So I'd like to select the first album and add that in playlist mode, then add the others. Now it's true that I might not actually like the first track, and might skip it soon, but it seems nicer to have the music starting straight away while I add other albums.

2. Say I want to compare different performances of a particular piano concerto. Now I definitely want to select an album and start it playing in "playlist mode", because I want to hear it and I know that I will be adding other albums. I concede that it could be argued that I'm not really focused on listening if I'm busy adding other albums, and that it's more "correct" to queue up the albums first and then start listening. The problem is that if a user follows the default, which I take as the button for "Play album transport", you always start in "album transport" mode. Which means that to create a queue with that first album and another one, you first have to replace the album using "playlist mode" and then add the next one. I know this can be avoided by first clicking on the three dots in the top right and then selecting the appropriate choice, but this could perhaps be made a little easier.

I think the overall point is since there's a playlist mode, why not allow the user to start easily in playlist mode? My thinking is that Step 1 is you want to play the album. Step A is to choose "album mode", Step B is to choose "playlist mode". We already have a button for 1A; I'm suggesting a button for 1B.

But really, this is not a complaint. I appreciate the fact that you're taking the time to hear my views.

1 hour ago, lotusaurus said:

Point noted. From a pure music queueing viewpoint, this means there is no restriction on adding albums to playlist transport mode.

There are two ways in which I often use the app:

1. Say I want to listen to Super Hits of the 70s, which comes on 5 discs (don't judge me 😉) . I don't necessarily want to listen to every track, but I would like to have them in the queue so that I can choose which ones to listen to. So I'd like to select the first album and add that in playlist mode, then add the others. Now it's true that I might not actually like the first track, and might skip it soon, but it seems nicer to have the music starting straight away while I add other albums.

2. Say I want to compare different performances of a particular piano concerto. Now I definitely want to select an album and start it playing in "playlist mode", because I want to hear it and I know that I will be adding other albums. I concede that it could be argued that I'm not really focused on listening if I'm busy adding other albums, and that it's more "correct" to queue up the albums first and then start listening. The problem is that if a user follows the default, which I take as the button for "Play album transport", you always start in "album transport" mode. Which means that to create a queue with that first album and another one, you first have to replace the album using "playlist mode" and then add the next one. I know this can be avoided by first clicking on the three dots in the top right and then selecting the appropriate choice, but this could perhaps be made a little easier.

I think the overall point is since there's a playlist mode, why not allow the user to start easily in playlist mode? My thinking is that Step 1 is you want to play the album. Step A is to choose "album mode", Step B is to choose "playlist mode". We already have a button for 1A; I'm suggesting a button for 1B.

But really, this is not a complaint. I appreciate the fact that you're taking the time to hear my views.

The button for inserting an album (in "album transport" mode) was not originally planned at all.
But someone missed it, so I added it. Originally, everything was to be controlled only by the bottom sheet.

Your request is solved by the bottom sheet:

Insert the first album using the "Add album, replace and play" option and add subsequent albums using the "Add album" option.