IGNORED

Anyone using HQPD app?

tboooe

Version 3.0.0 of HQPDcontrol was released by Ales on April 13.

"Relax, it's only hi-fi. There's never been a hi-fi emergency." - Roy Hall

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Version 4.1.1 released on June 16.

Resolves conflict in HQP 3.25.4 when "show bottom sheet" selected in Settings that caused "root of a library tree" and Dirs view to change after Syncing with HQPLayer.

"Relax, it's only hi-fi. There's never been a hi-fi emergency." - Roy Hall

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron

• 5 months later...
1 hour ago, tedwoods said:

Recently (after desktop 4.2.1. ?), HQPD does not hold the HQP settings.

I have to set it to SDM manually, everytime I switch the app on.

Do you have HQPlayer set to default to SDM? If you check from HQPlayer Client after starting HQPlayer Desktop server (but before start HQPDcontrol), does it show SDM mode active?

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I have downloaded the iOS app to my iPad.  I realize the primary purpose of this app is for an alternative interface for the library, however I am interested in using it to view/change the filters, etc.  I have not been able to figure out how to access those settings.  Is there a trick to getting at those settings?

• 3 weeks later...

Got around, finally ..., to dl-ing hqp4 & then hqpd app.

Very pleased.

Now need to update to a computer that’ll do ec modulators to dsf256,

... & work my way thru 8gbs of music sorting my dodgy metadata!!

macmini M1>ethernet / elgar iso tran(2.5kVa, .0005pfd)>consonance pw-3 boards>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360)>etherRegen(js-2)>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360) >ultraRendu (clones lpsu>lps1.2)>curious regen link>rme adi-2 dac(js-2)>cawsey cables>naquadria sp2 passive pre> 1.naquadria lucien mkII.5 power>elac fs249be + elac 4pi plus.2> 2.perreaux9000b(mods)>2x naquadria 12” passive subs.

• 4 weeks later...
I have been using HQPDcontrol iOS on iPad with not problems, but now have an issue with some cover art not displaying.

Over time I have been adding music files to HQPlayer 4 Desktop.  After each import I have:

1) Selected a "Clean scan" of the music library in HQPlayer 4 Desktop

2) Selected “Syncing the HQPlayer Library” in HQPDcontrol

After those two steps the album cover art has always been displayed in HQPDcontrol. All cover art files are either “cover.jpg” or “cover.png"

But after the last import of music files, there are three albums that do not display the cover art.  Instead, those three albums have the square green DA musical note icon.

In HQPDcontrol I have also tried selecting “Clear cover art disk cache” followed by “Syncing the HQPlayer Library”, but this did not fix the problem.

Is there something else I should try?

Thanks!

“We don’t like their sound … and guitar music is on the way out!”

– Decca Records, 1962

Taiko Audio Extreme | Vinnie Rossi L2i SE and L2 DAC | Omega Super Alnico Monitors | JL Audio Fathom Sub

11 hours ago, Johnny Moondog said:
Over time I have been adding music files to HQPlayer 4 Desktop.  After each import I have:

You can make things faster and just scan the portion of file system tree that has new content.

11 hours ago, Johnny Moondog said:
After those two steps the album cover art has always been displayed in HQPDcontrol. All cover art files are either “cover.jpg” or “cover.png"

But after the last import of music files, there are three albums that do not display the cover art.  Instead, those three albums have the square green DA musical note icon.

HQPlayer finds cover pictures if they have "cover" or "folder" as part of the file name and are in either JPG or PNG format. Also GIF is supported to limited extent, but it is rarely used.

Do these show up in HQPlayer Client? If you start playing one of those albums, does the cover art show up in HQPlayer Desktop server main window?

Are those cover files particularly big?

Thank you for the feedback. After posting the above inquiry, I did play the same albums with HQPlayer Desktop, and the album cover art did not display. So I now suspect the problem is with HQPlayer Desktop and not HQPDcontrol.

HQPlayer Client has never opened since the day I installed HQPlayer 4 Desktop, and I receive an error message instead. That's why I've used HQPDcontrol on the iPad. I've previously contacted Jussi at Signalyst, and Emile at Taiko Audio, but things are still a mystery. I've been playing music just fine without HQPlayer Client, so I am just focused on the cover art issue.

The cover art files are almost all 1000x1000 pixels and either 72 or 96 dpi, with a few files at 600x600 pixels.

I did conduct an interesting test, in which I replaced the cover art file that would not display, with the cover art file from a different artist/album that does display. But even then, that proxy cover art does not display from within the problem album. I then replaced the entire album with a fresh copy, thinking perhaps somehow the album folder was corrupted. But with no success.

Last night I imported 12 new albums, and none of them display the cover art.

Next I'll contact Jussi at Signalyst to see what ideas he may have.

“We don’t like their sound … and guitar music is on the way out!”

– Decca Records, 1962

Taiko Audio Extreme | Vinnie Rossi L2i SE and L2 DAC | Omega Super Alnico Monitors | JL Audio Fathom Sub

7 hours ago, Johnny Moondog said:

HQPlayer Client has never opened since the day I installed HQPlayer 4 Desktop, and I receive an error message instead.

What kind of error message? The only extra requirement of Client is that display drivers support OpenGL, but it is difficult to think where that wouldn't be the case these days.

• 3 months later...

@Miska @Ales Prochazka I am hoping one or both can help. I am running HQP embedded on an Antipodes K50 (HQP on the K50 server and NAA on the K50 player). I am trying to use HQPDcontrol V4 on either an iPhone8 or an iPad. Both discover HQP but I cannot get either to synch the music library. I have now also tried HQPlayer4Client on my iMac. That also sees the Antipodes but does not load the music library. Any ideas of what to try?  I attach screen shots from the iPhone (I have tried restarting the iphone and the Antipodes).

My computer can access HQP and alter settings in HQP through the Antipodes web interface all without problem.

IMG_2066.thumb.PNG.3f60d235d03a31f3c5098986ca98db80.PNG

IMG_2067.thumb.PNG.d5b2bae3490a25ef2788df201a06092c.PNG

IMG_2068.thumb.PNG.62b69b22f189e6577f297ef2b248f2c4.PNG

Owner Wave High Fidelity digital cables :

Antipodes Oladra (WAVE Storm BNC spdif RF noise filtering cable to Mscaler)

Dave (with Sean Jacobs ARC6 and SJ Cap Board) + WAVE Storm dual BNC RF noise filtering cables

ATC150 active speakers.

40 minutes ago, Fourlegs said:

@Miska @Ales Prochazka I am hoping one or both can help. I am running HQP embedded on an Antipodes K50 (HQP on the K50 server and NAA on the K50 player). I am trying to use HQPDcontrol V4 on either an iPhone8 or an iPad. Both discover HQP but I cannot get either to synch the music library. I have now also tried HQPlayer4Client on my iMac. That also sees the Antipodes but does not load the music library. Any ideas of what to try?  I attach screen shots from the iPhone (I have tried restarting the iphone and the Antipodes).

My computer can access HQP and alter settings in HQP through the Antipodes web interface all without problem.

It looks like you don't have a "Library" configured in HQP Embedded.

image.png.ad08fc8c7d535ee651c1984d2c09b615.png

Developer of HQPDcontrol.

52 minutes ago, Ales Prochazka said:

It looks like you don't have a "Library" configured in HQP Embedded.

image.png.ad08fc8c7d535ee651c1984d2c09b615.png

Ales, thanks for the quick reply. It looks like you are right but having looked through the documentation I cannot see how to find out the Path details. I am guessing this is configured in the Antipodes so do I need to get it from them?

607186380_Screenshot2021-01-12at10_26_14.thumb.png.87c5270446cee5d6dbd48488ac994bc6.png

Dave (with Sean Jacobs ARC6 and SJ Cap Board) + WAVE Storm dual BNC RF noise filtering cables

ATC150 active speakers.

@Ales Prochazka I took a few guesses and got lucky on the third one. I now have a library!! and HQPDcontrol sees it as well.

Many thanks for your help.

ATC150 active speakers.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...