IGNORED

Anyone using HQPD app?

tboooe

Got it!  Thanks all.

Next question:  is there a way to interrogate the XML to find what albums don't have album art in the eyes of HQPlayer?  I suppose I could visually do this if I used a monitor but I access my headless HQPlayer via TightVNC and it does not return anything when I toggle to HQP's "touch view".

1 hour ago, ted_b said:

Got it!  Thanks all.

Next question:  is there a way to interrogate the XML to find what albums don't have album art in the eyes of HQPlayer?  I suppose I could visually do this if I used a monitor but I access my headless HQPlayer via TightVNC and it does not return anything when I toggle to HQP's "touch view".

I don't know how to do it other than visually on a monitor for HQPlayer. The problem is that library.xml only has a path to cover art for those albums with a Folder.jpg file in the album folder. I could be wrong, but I don't believe that there is an indication in library.xml to show that the cover art for an album is being obtained from metadata or not at all.

However, HQPDcontrol on your tablet will indicate the albums without cover art by displaying a grey square with a music note in it instead of the cover art image. You will find when Syncing with HQ Library that it takes a while for the cover art to fill in. But, if you scroll slowly in the Album view, those without cover art will become obvious. The foregoing assumes that both HQPlayer and HQPDcontrol are working as they should but, from my experience at least, I don't see why that shouldn't be the case.

"Relax, it's only hi-fi. There's never been a hi-fi emergency." - Roy Hall

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron

And another question (sorry):  do any HQPDcontrol users have their server optimized using Audiophile Optimizer?  I have all remote services turned off (and yes TightVNC still works as does RAAT) so now wondering if the app can even see my HQPlayer.  (Note: these questions are all from someone who currently does not have an Android tablet so they are simply asked in the dark).

45 minutes ago, ted_b said:

And another question (sorry):  do any HQPDcontrol users have their server optimized using Audiophile Optimizer?  I have all remote services turned off (and yes TightVNC still works as does RAAT) so now wondering if the app can even see my HQPlayer.  (Note: these questions are all from someone who currently does not have an Android tablet so they are simply asked in the dark).

I am not sure that I understand your question correctly, as I don't use AO and am not familiar with it or what services it disables. But you need network access for HQPDcontrol to work. It isn't resident on the server. It's just an app on the tablet, similar to JRemote for JRiver. So, obviously, it needs wireless access to HQPlayer to operate and sync with it.

"Relax, it's only hi-fi. There's never been a hi-fi emergency." - Roy Hall

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron

I am trying out HQPDcontrol on Android.  I can sync the HQPlayer library just fine.  However, when I try to play a song, I get the message:

Queue cleared

Album, added as playlist. Playing ...

Within HQPlayer, if there was a queue, it is erased.  However, the song added above is not added to the queue nor does it play.

What am I doing wrong?

Using:

HQPDcontrol 1.3.6

HQPlayer Desktop (Windows) 3.20.2

Thanks!

mQa is dead!

19 hours ago, ted_b said:

And another question (sorry):  do any HQPDcontrol users have their server optimized using Audiophile Optimizer?  

I do not use AO

sistema:

Server HDPlex (i7-6700-WS2016) HQPlayer con Ramdisk + HQPDcontrol > Macmini (roon core+Qobuz) o HQPlayer Client + Qobuz > HDPlex NAA (celeron G1840T-WS2016) NAD con Ramdisk, o miniPC Fitlet con immagine di Miska > Denafrips Ares2 , SPLvolume2 > Monitor KH+sub

14 hours ago, lucretius said:

I am trying out HQPDcontrol on Android.  I can sync the HQPlayer library just fine.  However, when I try to play a song, I get the message:

Queue cleared

Album, added as playlist. Playing ...

Within HQPlayer, if there was a queue, it is erased.  However, the song added above is not added to the queue nor does it play.

What am I doing wrong?

Using:

HQPDcontrol 1.3.6

HQPlayer Desktop (Windows) 3.20.2

Thanks!

Hi lucretius,

It looks like your library is built on an older version of HQPlayer.
Try in the HQPlayer program to run the "File/Library/Scan tree" function.
Re-synchronize the library in HQPDcontrol.

If it does not help, do the following:

1. in HQPlayer to run the "File/Library/Remove all" function and closes the "Library" window by pressing "OK"
  2. in HQPlayer to run the "File/Library/Add" function
  3. Re-synchronize the library in HQPDcontrol

Developer of HQPDcontrol.

13 minutes ago, Ales Prochazka said:

Hi lucretius,

It looks like your library is built on an older version of HQPlayer.
Try in the HQPlayer program to run the "File/Library/Scan tree" function.
Re-synchronize the library in HQPDcontrol.

If it does not help, do the following:

1. in HQPlayer to run the "File/Library/Remove all" function and closes the "Library" window by pressing "OK"
  2. in HQPlayer to run the "File/Library/Add" function
  3. Re-synchronize the library in HQPDcontrol

Hi Ales,

I scanned the library tree in HQPlayer and re-synchronized the library in HQPDcontrol.  That worked!

Thanks!

mQa is dead!

Just now, lucretius said:

I loaded version 3.20.4 of HQPlayer on my computer.  Now, I can no longer connect to it with HQPDcontrol. I get a connection failed error: Connection refused.  Please help.  Thanks!

Is the option to allow control from network enabled in HQP?

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

30 minutes ago, tboooe said:

Is the option to allow control from network enabled in HQP?

Yes.

In any case, I was able to get it to work in my admin profile.  It seems the issue is the .xml file (library).  I will need to remove the library and reload in HQPlayer.

mQa is dead!

16 minutes ago, lucretius said:

Yes.

In any case, I was able to get it to work in my admin profile.  It seems the issue is the .xml file (library).  I will need to remove the library and reload in HQPlayer.

Removing the library (all) and recreating (rescanning) fixed the issue.

mQa is dead!

• 6 months later...

Does HQPDcontrol work fully with embedded? I can connect to hqplayerd but I can't see any library.  I can only see the current song that is playing through BubbleUPnP.  Syncing to the HQlibrary shows a message (if i see well)   'pls wait' for a very very short time.  

1 hour ago, PieterP said:

Does HQPDcontrol work fully with embedded? I can connect to hqplayerd but I can't see any library.  I can only see the current song that is playing through BubbleUPnP.  Syncing to the HQlibrary shows a message (if i see well)   'pls wait' for a very very short time.  

Do you have a scanned library in HQPlayer Embedded?

@Ales Prochazka

Hi Ales. Really like HQPDcontrol!

In the Albums tab I would love to sort albums in alphabetical order of the Artist names (right now it's only possible to sort by album names ... unless I am missing something). Would it be possible to make that an option? That would be really great!

Many thanks!

Mac Mini, HQPlayer | iFi Zenstream (NAA) | Intona 7055-B | Singxer SDA-6 pro | Vincent SV237 | Buchardt S400 | SPL Phonitor One | Beyer DT1990pro | Avantone Pro Planar II
Desktop: Audirvana Origin | Intona 7054 | SMSL M500MKII | Pro-Ject Stereo Box S | Aperion Novus B5 Bookshelf | Lehmann Rhinelander | Beyer DT700proX

On 10/7/2018 at 1:33 AM, copy_of_a said:

@Ales Prochazka

Hi Ales. Really like HQPDcontrol!

In the Albums tab I would love to sort albums in alphabetical order of the Artist names (right now it's only possible to sort by album names ... unless I am missing something). Would it be possible to make that an option? That would be really great!

Many thanks!

Version 1.3.8-157 in Google Play.

21 minutes ago, Ales Prochazka said:

Version 1.3.8-157 in Google Play.

now, this is what I would call responsive and fast.

Awesome - many, many thanks!

Mac Mini, HQPlayer | iFi Zenstream (NAA) | Intona 7055-B | Singxer SDA-6 pro | Vincent SV237 | Buchardt S400 | SPL Phonitor One | Beyer DT1990pro | Avantone Pro Planar II
Desktop: Audirvana Origin | Intona 7054 | SMSL M500MKII | Pro-Ject Stereo Box S | Aperion Novus B5 Bookshelf | Lehmann Rhinelander | Beyer DT700proX

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Ales,

I have many thousands of albums, and the only way I can make sense of a library is with multilevel folders, i.e. classical, folk, rock. blues, etc.

Next level down for blues is the artist name.

Next level down for classical is Composers and Composers, under each is by artist name.

Any chance of having a by folder display of the music library?  That would clinch it for me.

I currently use bubbleupnp client on android, music on qnap nas with minimserver, and hplayerd (embedded) on ubuntu but that combo cannot seem to manage gapless playback.

Cheers

Library paths are included there though, so technically it is possible to cut for example highest common denominator path out and display the rest as folder structure. Not necessarily the simplest thing though.

Rest like albums, artists, performers, genres and such can be of course rearranged and displayed in any structure one wants. Now HQPlayer itself uses only three levels (Artist, Performer and Album). Making it four with Genre, Artist, Performer and Album wouldn't be too hard. But so far I've been a bit reluctant because genre data is usually the most messy one. So far for example none of the online data I've seen has put all Pink Floyd under one genre...

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers