IGNORED

Anyone using HQPD app?

tboooe

great Ales!

comfortable both the play button and the disc button showing all the artist's albums

:cool:

sistema:

Server HDPlex (i7-6700-WS2016) HQPlayer con Ramdisk + HQPDcontrol > Macmini (roon core+Qobuz) o HQPlayer Client + Qobuz > HDPlex NAA (celeron G1840T-WS2016) NAD con Ramdisk, o miniPC Fitlet con immagine di Miska > Denafrips Ares2 , SPLvolume2 > Monitor KH+sub

Hi Ales, tried the app on Android 7.0 and it's very good. :cool:

sistema:

Server HDPlex (i7-6700-WS2016) HQPlayer con Ramdisk + HQPDcontrol > Macmini (roon core+Qobuz) o HQPlayer Client + Qobuz > HDPlex NAA (celeron G1840T-WS2016) NAD con Ramdisk, o miniPC Fitlet con immagine di Miska > Denafrips Ares2 , SPLvolume2 > Monitor KH+sub

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 12/23/2017 at 7:24 PM, Ales Prochazka said:

Hi Giordy,

Thanks for the information.

Hi Ales,

May I ask for HQPD which version of Android is compatible?  >=5.1?

Please explain briefly how it works.

For example  if I turn on the HQPlayer PC and the HQPlayer automatically starts, can HQPD on the same network find and connect the HQP PC automatically , any password or setting needed?

Or like Teamviewer one needs to enter password etc to connect?

Thanks

39 minutes ago, maya said:

Hi Ales,

May I ask for HQPD which version of Android is compatible?  >=5.1?

Please explain briefly how it works.

For example  if I turn on the HQPlayer PC and the HQPlayer automatically starts, can HQPD on the same network find and connect the HQP PC automatically , any password or setting needed?

Or like Teamviewer one needs to enter password etc to connect?

Thanks

Hi Maya,

is compatible with version 5.0 and higher.

No passwords required.

HQPDcontrol can not automatically find a PC with HQPlayer Desktop.

HQPDcontrol must first be set up to connect to a PC with HQPlayer Desktop program.

This means filling in the IP address of the target PC and port (default is 4321).
This is done under Settings.

HQPlayer Desktop must run and have Remote Control enabled.

After connecting (HQPDcontrol no longer reports a connection error), you must activate the "Syncing the HQPlayer Library" menu item.
This will download the contents of the HQPlayer library into HQPDcontrol.

Developer of HQPDcontrol.

12 hours ago, Ales Prochazka said:

Hi Maya,

is compatible with version 5.0 and higher.

No passwords required.

HQPDcontrol can not automatically find a PC with HQPlayer Desktop.

HQPDcontrol must first be set up to connect to a PC with HQPlayer Desktop program.

This means filling in the IP address of the target PC and port (default is 4321).
This is done under Settings.

HQPlayer Desktop must run and have Remote Control enabled.

After connecting (HQPDcontrol no longer reports a connection error), you must activate the "Syncing the HQPlayer Library" menu item.
This will download the contents of the HQPlayer library into HQPDcontrol.

Thanks for your quick reply !

On 29. 1. 2018 at 8:26 AM, hols said:

Hi Ales,

I tried to buy your software but it seems it is not available in my country? I am from Hong Kong.

I would like to make the HQPDcontrol available for this area.

The problem is that Google does not care about taxes in this area.
Taxes must be paid by the seller. That's me.

I am not a firm and I unfortunately have no time to deal with these tax issues.

That's why sales in some parts of the world are forbidden.

On 1/30/2018 at 5:00 PM, Ales Prochazka said:

I would like to make the HQPDcontrol available for this area.

The problem is that Google does not care about taxes in this area.
Taxes must be paid by the seller. That's me.

I am not a firm and I unfortunately have no time to deal with these tax issues.

That's why sales in some parts of the world are forbidden.

Hi Ales,

Thanks for the reply.  I am not in any business so I may not understand all the story about it. But actually in Hong Kong we don't have import tax for these products so there should not be any tax issue on our side. And having said that I am willing to pay for the additional tax if any. I am interested in your control of HQPlayer which is simple and hopefully not affecting the sound quality. Thanks.

Leung

Hi Ales:

I installed HQPDcontrol on my Galaxy S2 tablet and it imported my HQPlayer library. The Artists list is complete but, in the Albums section, only a small number of the albums show album art. How do I get all of the album art to display?

Allan

"Relax, it's only hi-fi. There's never been a hi-fi emergency." - Roy Hall

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron

6 hours ago, Allan F said:

Hi Ales:

I installed HQPDcontrol on my Galaxy S2 tablet and it imported my HQPlayer library. The Artists list is complete but, in the Albums section, only a small number of the albums show album art. How do I get all of the album art to display?

Allan

Allan,
can you send me your 'library.xml' file?

It is located on a computer with HQPLayer Desktop:

1. Linux - '~/.hqplayer/library.xml'
  2. Windows - 'C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\HQPlayer\library.xml'

My email address is on the Google Play Store app page.

1 hour ago, Ales Prochazka said:

Allan,
can you send me your 'library.xml' file?

It is located on a computer with HQPLayer Desktop:

1. Linux - '~/.hqplayer/library.xml'
  2. Windows - 'C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\HQPlayer\library.xml'

My email address is on the Google Play Store app page.

OK.

After upgrading from HQPlayer Desktop 3.19 to a higher version, you need to restore the music library.
1) HQPlayer Desktop / File / Library / Remove All
2) HQPlayer Desktop / File / Library / Scan Tree
3) library synchronization in HQPDcontrol

Ales:

I have tried everything, including uninstalling and reinstalling HQPlayer 3.20.1 and regenerating the complete library. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled the HQPDcontrol app several times. However, despite these efforts, album cover art is still being shown for only 150 out of 1000 albums. I greatly appreciate the time that you have spent via email to assist me in trying to address this problem. However, the present situation is simply not one that I can live with as a long term remote solution.

Regards,

Allan

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron

19 hours ago, Allan F said:

Ales:

I have tried everything, including uninstalling and reinstalling HQPlayer 3.20.1 and regenerating the complete library. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled the HQPDcontrol app several times. However, despite these efforts, album cover art is still being shown for only 150 out of 1000 albums. I greatly appreciate the time that you have spent via email to assist me in trying to address this problem. However, the present situation is simply not one that I can live with as a long term remote solution.

Regards,

Allan

Hi Allan, I have 3.000+ album and covers are all ok.

Do you see all the covers in HQP desktop?

What is the folder structure of your albums?

What is the name of the cover art picture and its extension?

4 hours ago, maggio said:

Thank you very much for offering to help. However,  I was in constant contact with Ales, author of HPQD, via email exchanges yesterday and we ultimately could not resolve the issue. It was exhausting and I really don't want to go through that exercise again.

Regards,

Allan

4 hours ago, maggio said:

I currently have the following information (Personally verified):

• HQPlayer Desktop 3.20.1 on Windows 7.
  • The library is located on another machine
  1. If I run the "Scan tree" function and I enter a network path to the library ('\\nas1\Media\Music\...'), I do not get back cover art.
  2. If I map an external music library in Win as a drive, I run the "Scan tree" function and I enter the path to the library through this drive ('S:\Music\...'), cover art is ok.

Miska will verify it.

2 hours ago, Ales Prochazka said:

I currently have the following information (Personally verified):

• HQPlayer Desktop 3.20.1 on Windows 7.
  • The library is located on another machine
  1. If I run the "Scan tree" function and I enter a network path to the library ('\\nas1\Media\Music\...'), I do not get back cover art.
  2. If I map an external music library in Win as a drive, I run the "Scan tree" function and I enter the path to the library through this drive ('S:\Music\...'), cover art is ok.

Miska will verify it.

Hi Ales, I think that is not the problem with Allen since he can see about 150 covers.

Anyway I would like to remember to you that HQP does not like some specials caracters in the folder's name # { }.

50 minutes ago, maggio said:

Hi Ales, I think that is not the problem with Allen since he can see about 150 covers.

Anyway I would like to remember to you that HQP does not like some specials caracters in the folder's name # { }.

Hi Maggio,

If the library in HQPlayer Desktop in Windows is created via a network path (\\nas1\media\...), there are three cases:

1. The file 'cover.jpg' and 'folder.jpg' are not present in the album directory, and the music files contain cover art in the metadata, cover art is downloaded into HQPDcontrol.
  2. The file 'cover.jpg' or 'folder.jpg' is present in the album directory, and the music files contain cover art in the metadata, cover art is not downloaded to HQPDcontrol.
  3. The file 'cover.jpg' or 'folder.jpg' is present in the album directory and the music files do not contain cover art in the metadata, cover art is not downloaded to HQPDcontrol.

Point 1, that's 150 albums downloaded with cover art in Allan's case.

Ales and maggio:

Problem solved! Thanks to Ales' suggestion today to map my network drive and then replace the NAS/share path with the networked drive letter, I now have full album cover art loading into the Albums section of HQPDcontrol.

Many thanks, Ales, for your time and effort in assisting me.

Regards,

Allan

8 minutes ago, Allan F said:

Ales and Maggio:

Problem solved! Thanks to Ales' suggestion today to map my network drive and then replace the NAS/share path with the networked drive letter, I now have full album cover art loading into the Albums section of HQPDcontrol after syncing with HQPlayer.

Many thanks Ales for your time and effort in assisting me.

Regards,

Allan

Allan,

I'm glad you solved it over a network unit :)