IGNORED

Anyone using HQPD app?

tboooe

5a2c193633260_Schermata2017-12-07alle18_14_21.thumb.png.97ee572f1f17ca645fbbceb0d278d04d.png5a2c194a12f05_Schermata2017-12-07alle18_13_58.thumb.png.7449551a60ae22f2e40ef3df31d75a15.png

Ales, I do not care to handle the volume from the app, I just wanted to understand why I do not see the min + max when set upsampling pcm> DSD

here are the two examples

sistema:

Server HDPlex (i7-6700-WS2016) HQPlayer con Ramdisk + HQPDcontrol > Macmini (roon core+Qobuz) o HQPlayer Client + Qobuz > HDPlex NAA (celeron G1840T-WS2016) NAD con Ramdisk, o miniPC Fitlet con immagine di Miska > Denafrips Ares2 , SPLvolume2 > Monitor KH+sub

22 minutes ago, giordy60 said:

5a2c193633260_Schermata2017-12-07alle18_14_21.thumb.png.97ee572f1f17ca645fbbceb0d278d04d.png5a2c194a12f05_Schermata2017-12-07alle18_13_58.thumb.png.7449551a60ae22f2e40ef3df31d75a15.png

Ales, I do not care to handle the volume from the app, I just wanted to understand why I do not see the min + max when set upsampling pcm> DSD

here are the two examples

I understand :)

Well, theoretically, I was able to access SDM in the way I described.

But it behaves exactly according to the HQPlayer API.

Exactly these Min, Max, and current volume level returns to me the HQP API.

Developer of HQPDcontrol.

7 hours ago, Ales Prochazka said:

Hello,

I'm the author.

The application is not intended to replace programs "Roon" category.

I wanted to have a remote control tool for HQPlayer Desktop.

Control options are given by the functionality currently available in the HQPlayer API.

There is almost nothing stored on Android devices. Just the structure of the music library.

Android does not see individual files in music library and therefore has no access to ID3 tag information either. Therefore, for example, the length information for each track is not displayed (is available only after playback starts).

Best regards,

Ales Prochazka

Ales, welcome to the forum.  Glad to have another alternative to Roon.    Since, I am using Embedded version of HQPlayer, the app will not work for me but I will be keeping an eye on the app to see the direction that it is going towards.

3 minutes ago, shadowlight said:

Ales, welcome to the forum.  Glad to have another alternative to Roon.    Since, I am using Embedded version of HQPlayer, the app will not work for me but I will be keeping an eye on the app to see the direction that it is going towards.

Thank you.

I'll try to get acquainted with the Embeded version later to find out the possibilities.

15 minutes ago, Ales Prochazka said:

Thank you.

I'll try to get acquainted with the Embeded version later to find out the possibilities.

Embedded version will accept the hqp-control commands but it does not have any concept of library.  That was the reason that I would love to see the ability to logon to various streaming service and send the authenticated stream to HQP Embedded via hqp-control commands.

20 minutes ago, shadowlight said:

Embedded version will accept the hqp-control commands but it does not have any concept of library.  That was the reason that I would love to see the ability to logon to various streaming service and send the authenticated stream to HQP Embedded via hqp-control commands.

OK. I will see what can be done.

Please be patient. I do it in my spare time.

11 hours ago, ted_b said:

Dos the app require us to load our library into HQPlayer's library function (rudimentary), or just point to our music files?

As Maggio said, you have to load HQPD library. The app does not have access to your system storage directly. However, if you load files through desktop, then of course you have control over them.

@Ales Prochazka  

Is it very complicated to implement direct file access in future updates?

Personally, I see it as a lesser priority.

I haven't played with the HQPlayer library in quite awhile; I use HQP either through Roon or drag-n-drop (locally via TightVNC).  Are there any quirks in loading a fairly large (50k+ tracks) library in HQP?  I assume no, but wanted to ask.

38 minutes ago, ted_b said:

I haven't played with the HQPlayer library in quite awhile; I use HQP either through Roon or drag-n-drop (locally via TightVNC).  Are there any quirks in loading a fairly large (50k+ tracks) library in HQP?  I assume no, but wanted to ask.

I can give you my experience with it.

I have an even larger library and I do too use Roon from time to time.

Loading a large library in HQP is not a problem. Of course it takes longer to scan your storage, so be patient.

In the beginning, after loading, it's a question of some "house cleaning" - e.g. like Artist names like Mozart, Mozart W.A... - this is just some text editing in HQP/Library and it is non-destructive for your file tags.

Here at post #24 I reported my experience and gave some hints in what to do or avoid - e.g. scanning compilations.

Loading in HQPDcontrol, it's simple because app has to read a xml file only. In HQPDcontrol we are ironing out some little issues in Albums view, otherwise it's pretty manageable.

3 hours ago, ted_b said:

I can load my (very well tagged) library (35k+ tracks) in HQP in about 5 minutes.

just to specify .......very well tagged :)

sistema:

Server HDPlex (i7-6700-WS2016) HQPlayer con Ramdisk + HQPDcontrol > Macmini (roon core+Qobuz) o HQPlayer Client + Qobuz > HDPlex NAA (celeron G1840T-WS2016) NAD con Ramdisk, o miniPC Fitlet con immagine di Miska > Denafrips Ares2 , SPLvolume2 > Monitor KH+sub

9 hours ago, bibo01 said:

As Maggio said, you have to load HQPD library. The app does not have access to your system storage directly. However, if you load files through desktop, then of course you have control over them.

@Ales Prochazka  

Is it very complicated to implement direct file access in future updates?

Personally, I see it as a lesser priority.

Yes, it's complicated.

The HQPDcontrol application must absolutely rely on the data it receives from HQP.

The music library is a gigabytes size data pack.
I can not download such a data package to mobile device.

Solving access to Android network storage (as well as general) is not entirely free of problems.

Next problem:
In HQP, individual albums can be removed from the library without physically deleting them from the disk. How does HQPDcontrol know that the user has removed the album "X" from the library?

6 minutes ago, Ales Prochazka said:

Yes, it's complicated.

The HQPDcontrol application must absolutely rely on the data it receives from HQP.

The music library is a gigabytes size data pack.
I can not download such a data package to mobile device.

Solving access to Android network storage (as well as general) is not entirely free of problems.

Next problem:
In HQP, individual albums can be removed from the library without physically deleting them from the disk. How does HQPDcontrol know that the user has removed the album "X" from the library?

I sync HQP Library again. (it takes 5 sec)

1 hour ago, Ales Prochazka said:

Next problem:

Eventually, I see a rudimentary File Explorer in place, just as a complement to HQPDcontrol, only for reading/launching playback (possibly of an entire folder). The main focus would remain on library.xml from HQP. 

On 12/12/2017 at 12:14 AM, Miska said:

I guess HQPlayer has Direct SDM enabled? That would explain...

yes, the problem was that ... sdm direct with the flag 

Schermata 2017-12-13 alle 11.54.36.png

sistema:

On 2017/12/9 at 8:30 PM, louisxiawei said:

Thanks for poping up, any chance you will release an iOS version in the future? If so, that would be a much better alternative for apps like windows remote control.

The whole control can be simply on iPad. iOS Roon for music library browsing and HQPD for setting the HQplayer's filter, I think it's almost a perfection solution.

I don't deny , this is a good play , but the same time , it is a hard to do ,

5 hours ago, maggio said:

@Miska

Never mind Giordy60 is a little "confused" :D

:D      :P

sistema: