IGNORED

USB output A-to-D converter and Mac software

asdf1000

This is perhaps the best thing going for $299.

Audient ID14.  They do have Mac Drivers for it. And a Mac control app. 

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/iD14

What are going to be your main uses for it?  That might steer you toward another choice.  

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

On 12/6/2017 at 10:51 PM, Em2016 said:

Cool. I'm learning in real-time and seen that VinylStudio is another popular Mac option, although not free, it automates some steps.

Reaper is good for recording, editing, and a tremendous bargain.  Audacity is unbelievable for free, and with some experience and knowledge there is almost nothing you couldn't do if your goal is needledrops.  Nevertheless, if you are doing needledrops and plan on more than a handful, get Vinyl Studio.  

I would suggest picking an ADC (and I think you can do better than the Schiit if you have a phono stage already).  Use Audacity for an album or two.  Time well spent because it will be very educational.  Then get Vinyl Studio. 

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality.