IGNORED

Stereophile Series on MQA Technology

9 minutes ago, Galileo365 said:

I want to see the evidence myself or at least have it explained. I will not put any faith into a comment or conclusion made by someone who's only defense appears to be, "Because I said so".

Right, for instance someone like Bob Stuart?

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

Boycott Warner Music Group

10 minutes ago, Audiophile Neuroscience said:

Galileo is new to the forum, seems like he can and wants to contribute so why not cut him some slack.

Are you sure of that? I'm not.

21 total posts, exactly all of them in the thread, what is his industry/MQA affiliation, if any?

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

38 minutes ago, Galileo365 said:

Assuming that only the Shannon sampling model is valid and assessing MQA DAC’s from that perspective is like only evaluating quantum mechanics from a Newtonian perspective. 

Or, it's like saying "MQA is many things", and "you don't truly understand MQA" , or it's all hidden behind a very clever NDA so good luck in getting any firm understanding.

With all due respect, do you really think BS, Stereophile, TAS, et al. have provided any real response or rebuttal to the findings of @Archimago, or @mansr, or @FrederickV among others? (They haven't).

Or are you attempting to do that in their conspicuous absence?

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

2 hours ago, mansr said:

Provocation? I don't see anything remotely provocative in the responses he received.

Neither did I, but after questioning his industry affiliation he quickly descended into accusing me of being illiterate (while misspelling several words in the process), and then suggesting far worse of you.

CC was charitable in offering Galileo365 a reset as opposed to a stern warning, he clearly broke the site rules, turned out to be moot when he outed himself while accusing the CA readership of being  uniformed.

2 hours ago, mansr said:
23 hours ago, Galileo365 said:
23 hours ago, MikeyFresh said:

21 total posts, exactly all of them in this thread, what is his industry/MQA affiliation, if any?

Quite sincerely and honestly, none whstsoever.

I have rarely seen such a blatant lie.

Me neither, and now what little credibility he ever had has vanished.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

5 minutes ago, shtf said:

But why?   What could motivate an individual to do this and for what possible gain? 

5 minutes ago, shtf said:

Just observe how motivated some of these guys are even after 3.5 years.

I was thinking the same thing, compensation of some kind comes to mind, though if true certainly not money well spent.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

• 3 weeks later...

Shouldn't @Galileo365 be banned for having outright lied about his supposed lack of any industry affiliation?

On 6/25/2018 at 12:08 AM, Galileo365 said:

Quite sincerely and honestly, none whstsoever. I’m just trying to figure what it’s supposed to do, how it might work, and how to confirm that it does so. I would guess that most of those 21 posts involve defending myself for “asking stupid questions”.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

2 hours ago, Galileo365 said:

you must be really frightened of me.

He isn't, no one here is.

2 hours ago, Galileo365 said:

get some professional help.

You've got no right to make personal attacks like that... or this:

On 6/25/2018 at 6:41 AM,  Galileo365 said: 

If you had read my very next post, you would have seen a controlled experiment designed to asses that, but maybe the person who reads for you given your apparent illiteracy had to leave for the day.

Or this one especially:

On 6/25/2018 at 6:41 AM,  Galileo365 said: 

Maybe he forgets to take his Thorazine when they let him out of the nuthouse for the weekend.

@The Computer Audiophile, aren't attacks like those above in concert with outright lying about his industry affiliation grounds for banning?

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook