IGNORED

Stereophile Series on MQA Technology

On 12/15/2017 at 11:33 AM, GUTB said:

Do you have a MQA DAC?

That's your standard response when you don't have a constructive one.

Convince me of the relevance of the answer to the discussion, and I'll provide it.

"People hear what they see." - Doris Day

The forum would be a much better place if everyone were less convinced of how right they were.

51 minutes ago, GUTB said:

Anyone who isn’t deaf can walk into an audio show and be exposed to high end sound.

I'd rather be exposed to high fidelity sound.

I’m 100% confident not a single one of them won’t walk out amazed at the heights of quality that are possible.

You're well wrong there, after every show the audio enthusiast fora are replete with posts by people complaining that the quality in the "high end" rooms wasn't up to their expectations. Granted, being enthusiasts they have high standards. The people you had in mind, the "great unwashed", may have lower standards but are even less interested in audio jewellery.

The forum would be a much better place if everyone were less convinced of how right they were.

• 6 months later...
2 hours ago, Galileo365 said:

..  if he or she wants to grow and learn and hone his or her own skills, that listening before you talk or a least explaining why you believe something to be true will likely get you farther than being dismissive. ...

You would do well to take your own advice.

He was right, by the way. In the current context, interpolation is performed with a filter. He knows this because he's disassembled and analysed the software in several MQA decoders.