IGNORED

Stereophile Series on MQA Technology

16 hours ago, GUTB said:

The real reason why Schiit doesn’t implement MQA is because they’re on such tight margins with thier no-questions-asked return policy direct dealer model. They put out cheap gear in large quantities. The reason why they don’t implement DSD seems to just be lack of expertise.

Most of the high end is embracing MQA simply because thier clientele are much more demanding than Schiit’s or the standard Chinese shovelware users.

Ok you make an argument about the economics of some hifi-companies business strategy. 

Plz explain your take on the economics of MQA.

So I tried to get a grip on the ownership structure of Stereophile and that's a wee bit complicated.

They are owned by a holding called Source which manages a consortium called TEN standing for "The Enthusiast Network."

TEN publishes number of consumer interest titles ranging from sufer mags over baseball to audio. 60 mags and about a 100 online titles all together. These titles deal mostly with medium to high priced hobby consumer goods.

I could not find any good info on the financial structure and ownership makeup of Source but then I didn't look to hard.

Anybody able to shed some light on this?

Particularly if there are any investments or stakes in Source by Warner or any of the other big media-conglomerates. 

16 hours ago, Em2016 said:

Use these 2016 figures as a guesstimate only.  Obviously Dezzer is still a small piece of the pie overall, but it shows Deezer having over 6x the subcriber numbers of Tidal. 

And that was when Deezer Elite (CD quality streaming) was exclusive to Sonos. That exclusivity with Sonos has now ended.

100-million-subs-1024x759.png

Do you have the whole Midia slide-deck and can you share it?

Thx!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...