IGNORED

Google Music streaming

The BubbleUPnP Android app has a built-in UPnP/DLNA controller for UPnP/DLNA supporting renderers, such as the Sonore devices.You can use it to control the playback of audio files from several online streaming/cloud services, including Google Music.

BTW, I hope you are aware of Google Music's two main shortfalls: all music is stored and streamed in the MP3 audio format (including your own uploaded files, regardless of their original format) and that gapless playback is not supported.

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

Thanks for your feedback, Cebolla. My very limited experience with DLNA and the BubbleUPnP Android app didn't present me with an option to use the native Google Music Android app to search, create playlists and stream to the DLNA renderer. At least none that I found. If I'm missing something, please redirect me to any videos, guides, etc, which would explain in more detail. 

What a DLNA/BubbleUPnP solution did allow was streaming of songs from my existing Google Music playlists to the renderer. Workable, but not what I was hoping for.

I'm aware of the MP3 and gapless playback limitations. For my purposes, these aren't dealbreakers. 

Thanks again. 

Ah sorry, I should have been a bit clearer - but you did say 'ideally'. Unfortunately, there's no current way of using the Google Music app to directly control the playback of any device other than those that support their own proptietary Google Cast streaming technology, such as the Chromecast devices.

Also, Android only allows it's audio to be captured and networked streamed via Google Cast (so similar to Apple's restriction of iOS sound capture and streaming via AirPlay), unless the Android device is rooted.

So your two choices are to:

either, use the BubbleUPnP app to login in to Google Music & control the playback and the Google Music app for playlist building, switching between the two apps and synching BubbleUPnP to Google Music as and when;

or, root your Android phone, allowing you to install the Xposed framework so that BubbleUPnP's 'Audio Cast' Android device sound capture and streaming function can be enabled & run in the background (no need for BubbleUPnP to login to Google Music). Using any audio producing app, such as playing the music tracks in the Google Music app, should now have its audio output automatically captured & networked streamed by UPnP/DLNA device connected to the BubbleUPnP app's Audio Cast function..

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

Once Google Music has been configured in BubbleUPnP (account), it is also possible to use the official Google Music app to "share" tracks/albums/public playlists to BubbleUPnP. Simply use the Share action in 3-dot menu of relevant items and select BubbleUPnP as the target. It also works with official Qobuz and TIDAL apps.

• 3 weeks later...