IGNORED

New second generation Dirac Live

I am also trying the beta software out on a windows machine under ws2016 core mode with AO and dual pc, jplay config. Mine gets stuck when I push the "proceed to filter design" button. Maybe there is a network issue while Dirac trying to reach their license authentication server. It was working fine on 1.X of Dirac. Exact error message is "License Error". Dirac is looking into this matter but it is taking some time. BTW the same error occurs even without jplay (that is, bypassing jplay and using single PC config). The same is true after restoring all drivers (i.e. without AO). I guess it has  something to do with ws2016 core mode. 

Music Source: NAS[Synology], Qobuz, Tidal

Music Player: Roonserver[Mac mini]

Control PC: squeeze2upnp, fb2k, dirac, Jplay Femto, Fidelizer, AO(4D), WS2019 GUI, Mac mini w/HDPlex 200W

Audio PC: Jplay Femto(KS/1000hz), Fidelizer, AO(4D), WS2019 core, i7 w/HDPlex 200W

DDC: Iso Regen w/LPS1.2, Acousence afi+USB (USB to S/PDIF) w/Li-ion battery PS

DAC: Yggdrasil Analog 2

Just now, shinyc said:

I am also trying the beta software out on a windows machine under ws2016 core mode with AO and dual pc, jplay config. Mine gets stuck when I push the "proceed to filter design" button. Maybe there is a network issue while Dirac trying to reach their license authentication server. It was working fine on 1.X of Dirac. Exact error message is "License Error". Dirac is looking into this matter but it is taking some time. BTW the same error occurs even without jplay (that is, bypassing jplay and using single PC config). The same is true after restoring all drivers (i.e. without AO). I guess it has  something to do with ws2016 core mode. 

You need to use stock Windows, 

In 1.x, I did my filter creation in a stock windows machine. Then, copy filter files to ws2016 machine and all were fine. I hope I can still do that in 2.x. Yes, I will certainly try the stock windows on my control PC if that is a must. Thanks for the info.

Music Source: NAS[Synology], Qobuz, Tidal

Music Player: Roonserver[Mac mini]

Control PC: squeeze2upnp, fb2k, dirac, Jplay Femto, Fidelizer, AO(4D), WS2019 GUI, Mac mini w/HDPlex 200W

Audio PC: Jplay Femto(KS/1000hz), Fidelizer, AO(4D), WS2019 core, i7 w/HDPlex 200W

DDC: Iso Regen w/LPS1.2, Acousence afi+USB (USB to S/PDIF) w/Li-ion battery PS

DAC: Yggdrasil Analog 2

Hi TommyCat,

the location of plugins is listed in the "Overview of Dirac Live Processor" attachment.

Can't Audirvana find them here?

• Windows

Program Files/Common Files/VST2
Program Files/Common Files/VST3

• MacOS
/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components
/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST

Flavio

Warning: My posts may be biased even if in good faith, I work for Dirac Research :-)

Also please take into account that no login/validation is required for beta testers, the application works for something like two months, just proceed

Flavio

Warning: My posts may be biased even if in good faith, I work for Dirac Research :-)

Hi Flavio,

i have installed Dirac on a Mac.

Audirvana finds the VST Plugin.

When i click on Measure then Dirac Live crashes.

Same when i try to use the Standalone Version from Dirac Live Processor and click on "Measure".

Dirac 2018-07-08 um 12.32.35.jpg

Dirac.jpg

I have send a Request to Dirac HelpDesk with

DiracLiveProcessorTestMacOS.xlsx, Screenshot and Crash Report.

♦ iTunes ♦ Audirvana 3.5 ♦ Dirac Live ♦ Dynaudio Connect ♦ Dynaudio Focus 200 XD ♦ Allo Digione Signatur Player ♦ Dynaudio Focus 600 XD ♦

1 hour ago, flak said:

Also please take into account that no login/validation is required for beta testers, the application works for something like two months, just proceed

Flavio

Flavio, this issue has nothing to due with the new version; In the version I have used for over two years, I am now being asked for my username and password in a window that appears inside the Dirac processor box that pops up when you start playing music in A+.  I am using the email and password for the Dirac online site and it doesn’t work; telling me invalid. 

@ Michelangelo,

it looks like your trying to measure from within Audirvana.

Please try measuring by launching the DiracLiveProcessor by itself (it will invoke Dirac Live)

@TommyCat

we are replacing the previous 1.x beta plugins with the new beta ones so your license for those is not valid anymore.

Did you try the new ones?

:) Flavio

2 minutes ago, flak said:

@ Michelangelo,

it looks like your trying to measure from within Audirvana.

Please try measuring by launching the DiracLiveProcessor by itself (it will invoke Dirac Live)

@TommyCat

we are replacing the previous 1.x beta plugins with the new beta ones so your license for those is not valid anymore.

Did you try the new ones?

:) Flavio

Well that is nice to know and solves the mystery.

I will reinstall the new version.  Regarding the plugins, when I go to those location folders, I see the VST and Compenents folders but they are empty (in the older version you could see the actual plug in).  Should I be able to see them?

on another note, Will my filters work in the new version or do I require new measurements?

6 minutes ago, TommyCat said:

Well that is nice to know and solves the mystery.

I will reinstall the new version.  Regarding the plugins, when I go to those location folders, I see the VST and Compenents folders but they are empty (in the older version you could see the actual plug in).  Should I be able to see them?

on another note, Will my filters work in the new version or do I require new measurements?

Hi TommyCat,

yes, if properly installed you should see the plugins...

and no, you should take new measurements because the algorithm has been improved.

The previous one individually measured the phase of each speaker, this new one does as well but it also analyzes speakers in pairs.

Hi,

the Plugin is not in the User account but in the Library of MacOS.

I can not a measure because DiracLive crashes before the measurement starts.

Bildschirmfoto 2018-07-08 um 13.23.49.jpg

♦ iTunes ♦ Audirvana 3.5 ♦ Dirac Live ♦ Dynaudio Connect ♦ Dynaudio Focus 200 XD ♦ Allo Digione Signatur Player ♦ Dynaudio Focus 600 XD ♦

2 minutes ago, flak said:

Hi TommyCat,

yes, if properly installed you should see the plugins...

and no, you should take new measurements because the algorithm has been improved.

The previous one individually measured the phase of each stereo speaker, this new version does as well but it also analyzes speakers in pairs.

Ok, I will first uninstall everything associated with original version and then install the new; will keep you posted

I appear to have successful installation!  I can see the plugins and looks like being picked up by A+. Now have to run a test measurement. I use the umik-1 mic and in the past had to load the mics calibration files; I saved the mic text file to my desktop before deleted the prior version of Dirac. Will loading these calibration files be a necessary step?

I got version 2 up and running on my Windows 10 computer with great support from Flavio. I tried Audio virtual cable and vst host but settled for now with Roon using JRiver 24 as the output device. I had one crash initially and lost my saved filters but the last 4 days everything is working fine.

@michelangelo The new plugins should be located as mentioned above, there might be similar Dirac plugins created by the previous beta 1.x and those should'nt be used.

If the DiracLiveProcessor crashes when launched I suggest removing everything Dirac and reinstall,

if that does'nt help that seems to be a bug and should be reported as betatester, we'll try reproducing it on our side in order to fix it.

@astr0b0y I don't think that this beta supports loading of filters into a miniDSP DDRC-88.

By the way we have two other 2.0 betas for Dirac enabled NAD and Arcam AVRs, at the moment it's possible to apply for beta testing of those if interested.

31 minutes ago, Fredde said:

I got version 2 up and running on my Windows 10 computer with great support from Flavio. I tried Audio virtual cable and vst host but settled for now with Roon using JRiver 24 as the output device. I had one crash initially and lost my saved filters but the last 4 days everything is working fine.

Thanks Fredde, much appreciated :)

It's worth mentioning that not all players support standard AU or VST plugins, if not a virtual cable is required.

This is an example for Roon: http://diracdocs.com/Roon_&_Dirac_Live_2.0.pdf

2 hours ago, TommyCat said:

I appear to have successful installation!  I can see the plugins and looks like being picked up by A+. Now have to run a test measurement. I use the umik-1 mic and in the past had to load the mics calibration files; I saved the mic text file to my desktop before deleted the prior version of Dirac. Will loading these calibration files be a necessary step?

Loading the calibration file is not necessary for testing purposes but is required for a good quality calibration.

If they got lost you can download them again with your mic serial number here:

https://www.minidsp.com/products/acoustic-measurement/umik-1

I have to inform that we now have as many beta testers as our developers can follow so no new ones are added at the moment,

it's possible that we will be able to add more in the future though, if so I'll announce it here.

Thanks for your understanding, Flavio

I installed v2 yesterday. Window 10 pro, Jriver mc24 with vst plugin. Initially I had trouble with recognizing Umik-1 mic but it appeared that the problem was with Windows itself (privacy setting). The interface is nice, measurements quick and easy, vst plugin's installation automatic. I made two sets of measurements (focused and wide) but the sound is far from pleasing. When I switch it on and off there is a liitle diffrence between them. With v1 version the diffrence was obvious so I guess there is something wrong with the setup. I was alo using V1 Dirac Full multichannel in 2.1 setup while the beta download link I have received is stereo only. Is there a beta multichanel version?

Macmini/ Jriver MC26 - Audiofire 12 - MSB-MVC-1 volume control - Cinepro 2k6 amp - Geddes Abbey speakers plus 4 x 10" Aurasound subs

A question to Flak. There is an information on Dirac's website about upcoming Dirac Live Unicorn. What is it? Is it V2 with the new name or sth new?

Macmini/ Jriver MC26 - Audiofire 12 - MSB-MVC-1 volume control - Cinepro 2k6 amp - Geddes Abbey speakers plus 4 x 10" Aurasound subs