IGNORED

New second generation Dirac Live

6 hours ago, macuniverse said:

I have made a new set of measurements with the new version today and I'm getting around 4.5dB clipping. My host/controller app is Audirvana 3.5x on Macbook Pro sending to (uPnP) MicroRendu client.

The issue is, even when I reduce the DL2 plugin headroom by 5dB, it does not stick. It reverts back to 0dB when Audirvana is started again. Not sure if this is Audirvana or DL2 plugin issue.

Thanks macuniverse,

the plugin not saving the level setting so that one can incur into digital clipping unless he sets it again is a confirmed bug,

it will be fixed in a future release

Warning: My posts may be biased even if in good faith, I work for Dirac Research :-)

13 hours ago, SteveS1 said:

I've raised a ticket but I'm getting "version too old" from my plug in to AV+ without warning and can no longer test.  Anyone know what's going on?

Hi Steve,

you should have received new downloads with a later expiry date,

if not please let us know, thanks

Warning: My posts may be biased even if in good faith, I work for Dirac Research :-)

• 4 weeks later...

Here the latest news...

We have new 0.9.31 betas of plugins (now including AAX) and a new Dirac Live 2.3

Now the plugin is added and opened from within the player or DAW

If interested they are available by opening a new ticket at HelpDesk:

http://helpdesk.dirac.se

That's new as well :)

On 11/16/2019 at 5:20 PM, JMR said:

I was able to install and run measurements with the latest version of DL and DLP using a Umik after initial problems where DL could not find my devices. I then got an option of two devices – DLP and DLP 1352…  I used DLP to do the measurements and they seemed to work fine.

I then saved the project and my filters and they show up in DLP.

I cannot get the filters to load in JRiver Media Centre 25 (same version I have been running this year and it worked with previous verions of Dirac).  The DLP box shows as empty and does not show my filters.  I also get different versions of DLP with 1352, 9368 etc.  When I check the Dirac box in JRiver DSP Studio, I get no audio output from JRiver.

I have removed and reinstalled the diracliveprocessor.dll plugin a few times without success.  I am using the version in C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST2 and it is dated 4 Nov 2019 thus assume it was installed with the new installation.  I cannot find any files in VST3.  I am running Win 10 64 bit.

Basically my problem seems to be that JRiver is not loading the DLP and its filters.  I have attached a few pics

aIMG_20191116_171350.jpg

aIMG_20191116_171910.jpg

aIMG_20191116_171016.jpg

aIMG_20191116_171049.jpg

Hello,

you are seeing two instances of the DLP, I think that the first one is the previous version... if so please uninstall it.
No audio output when you check the Dirac box in JRiver DSP Studio is expected behaviour,
when you'll launch Dirac Live and you'll start a measurement the audio stream is replaced by the sweep of the test signal.
Please try starting from scratch, first play an audio track wih JRiver then launch Dirac Live, you should see one instance of the DLP so select it.
Now take measurements and create a new filter.
Being these betas some changes have been applied so that unfortunately you'll not be able to use filters created with previous versions.
Also switching the filter off in DLP will crash JRiver... this is a known bug, currently it can only be disabled in JRiver itself.

Hi gazza49,

no log in is necessary for contacting us at http://helpdesk.dirac.se, one only has to enter his email and message.

Please kindly write us at the above URL, we'll also be able to send you the latest updates... we now have builds 0.9.36 :)

Thanks for your time, Flavio

On 11/23/2019 at 9:41 AM, gazza49 said:

Hi Flack, when I follow your link it goes to a login page, no way for me to leave a message at all. 

ThanksGary

Hi,

if you find a page that requires login that is browser related and should be fixed on our side, in the meantime you can use a browser like Firefox for Windows or Mac

• 2 weeks later...

We are looking into automatically migrating the Dirac Live 1.x licenses so that Dirac Live 1.x owners will be able to use the new Dirac Live Processor together with the Dirac Live 2.3 calibration tool.

I don't now how will we proceed with owners of multichannel licenses as the multichannel version of the Dirac Live Processor isn't ready yet.

:) Flavio

1 hour ago, jiminlogansquare said:

Great news, and as a Dirac Live 1.x licensee I can't wait to try it out. Has the compatibility issue with Roon on Mac OS (using Dirac as an endpoint) been resolved?

My understanding is that there is no compatibility issue, Roon simply doesn't support standard AU, VST plugins nor AAX ones so the only solution seems to be a virtual cable like Audio Hijack:

http://diracdocs.com/Roon_&_Dirac_Live_2.0.pdf

(exclusive audio should be disabled when using Audio Hijack as that bypasses their audio capture engine)

1 hour ago, jiminlogansquare said:

I was able to use Dirac Live as an endpoint with Roon for several years. I had both Roon and Dirac Live running on a 2011 Mac Mini. In autumn 2018, I upgraded to a 2018 Mac Mini, and with that to the then-latest version of Mac OS. At that time, it became no longer possible to use Dirac Live as an endpoint with Roon. Dirac did tell me at that time (early 2019) that Audio Hijack was a work-around, and I was in fact able to use Dirac Live as a plug-in with Audio Hijack and could get Roon to play with Dirac Live in that way. However, it is an awkward work-around that also, to my ear, degraded the sound quality of both Roon and Dirac Live. Perhaps the issue is compatibility between Roon and Mac OS updates since autumn 2018? Or something about the combination of Roon, Dirac Live and 2018-and later updates to Mac OS?

Maybe the plugin was an incomplete beta?

(we had several issues during beta testing that have been subsequently fixed)

2 minutes ago, michael123 said:

Flavio, could you please check why do I get missing phase correction license during filter export step?

I replied to the case

Thanks

Sure, we'll look at it this Monday

(you may send me a PM with ticket number if you want)

• 2 weeks later...

We got reports (thanks Tom Reich) that there can be issues between Audirvana 3.5 and the Dirac Live Processor while Audirvana 3.2 seems to work as expected.
We'll try to know from the developer what has been changed between those two versions and hopefully find a solution together.
In the meantime (in case of issues) one can try using Audirvana 3.2 with Dirac to then use the created processor also in Audirvana 3.5

The latest 1.0.2 Dirac Processor is now available here:
https://live.dirac.com/download/

On Mac please remove the Dirac Processor files from these locations:
/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components
/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST
/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST3
/Library/Application Support/Avid/Audio/Plug-Ins
to then restart the computer itself and install the DLP

On Windows I suggest the following:
1) Uninstall all previous versions of Beta Dirac Live processor in Settings > Apps under Apps&features
2) Delete folder C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\Dirac\Dirac_Live_Processor
If you want to save your filters, please move folder "filters" to a temporary location
3) Restart Windows and download the released Processor version from https://live.dirac.com/download/
If you moved your filter, now move them back to C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\Dirac\Dirac_Live_Processor

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, whoareyou said:

Do we have to recreate filters or retake measurements for these updates?

If previous filters don't work one should be able to load a previous project and create new filters without having to retake measurements

• 2 weeks later...

Update 1.2.0 of the Dirac Live Processor with a gain and delay compensation bugfix has just been released!

@whoareyou Measuring the room "as it is during the listening session" is ideal but in my opinion avoiding that the furniture is in the path of the microphone is more important than the placement of the mic.

Mic positioning is not as critical as usually thought so I'd change the mic position when necessary.

• 2 months later...

It will take time as we have to release the multichannel version of the Dirac Live Processor first (it's a prerequisite) but the next step will be Dirac Live Bass Control.

Previously known as Dirac Bass Management it adds bass control to bass management... inter-speaker support to enable room correction beyond the capability of individual speakers.
Here a guide with technical details: http://diracdocs.com/Bass%20Control%20in%20Live.pdf

It's targeted to the most sophisticated systems as it requires a dedicated channel for each subwoofer so that a multichannel audiocard or DAC is necessary, these are examples:

https://www.minidsp.com/products/usb-audio-interface/u-dac8

https://www.oktoresearch.com/dac8pro.htm

9 minutes ago, shinyc said:

Hi @flak,

Would the bass management software work with minidsp DDRC-24? I wish to run 2 front channels w/ 2 sub-woofers. 

Hi shinyc,

it might, thanks to the indipendent channels for subs, but that's a question for miniDSP to answer...

• 3 weeks later...

We are now beta testing multichannel Dirac Live and Dirac Live Bass Control will follow...

It's still possible to watch a recording of this Webinar by StormAudio about Dirac Live Bass Control... Jakob Agren explains and provides details about its inner workings:
https://register.gotowebinar.com/rt/8043050009869528846

13 hours ago, Alain13 said:

Can we sign up for the new beta?

Yes, please contact us from here: http://helpdesk.dirac.se

(you'll need to "Sign up for an account")