IGNORED

New second generation Dirac Live

8 hours ago, SavantGarde said:

Yes, the Dirac website looks nice, but it's next to impossible to find what you're looking for there.

Thanks for all this info! And glad to read I'm not the only one that struggled with how to buy it.

Actually buying the pro license is easy. The home one was hard to find.

Everything else with setting up I was ok with (hopefully - I'll found out soon) but just that first step was a head scratcher cc @flak

Thanks again, this helps with getting started.

I wanted to remeasure the room with the new Dirac Live (I already had V2, but from December), to my surprise I could not accomplish this 😂

Eventually, I filed a bug
https://jira.dirac.services/servicedesk/customer/portal/3/DLS-1511

There are few things:
1) When I go through the measurement points, there is always one, for which I can't measure. What happens is that I do hear the sweep signal, but the "EKG" on the screen is flat line, no measurements. Kind of microphone is dead.

This behavior is not new to me, and I already opened a bug, but there was always a workaround - when I skipped the problematic point (this is random point, not some specific place in the room), move to the next one, measure it, and move back to the one I could not before -- usually it succeeded.

With this new version, however, dead is dead. Measurement session was over.

2) Knowing the measurement problems from the past, I saved the project all the time. I restarted the computer, and thought I will be able to continue the measurement session in Dirac Live, but could not load the previously saved project. 

3) When I logout and login, I can't continue the session, is it by design? I see the files are stored on the disk, but Dirac Live is not using them

@flakFlavio, I would appreciate if you push this.. very frustrating

BTW, multi-channel V2 was promised by January 2020

Michael

More general question.  What is the proper procedure for installing new versions on Mac OS without breaking connections to preferences and projects and such?

I have often found new versions do not allow me to open older saved projects successfully.  Not a huge deal, but I would like to avoid losing old stuff if I could.

We are now beta testing multichannel Dirac Live and Dirac Live Bass Control will follow...

It's still possible to watch a recording of this Webinar by StormAudio about Dirac Live Bass Control... Jakob Agren explains and provides details about its inner workings:
https://register.gotowebinar.com/rt/8043050009869528846

:) Flavio

Warning: My posts may be biased even if in good faith, I work for Dirac Research :-)

13 hours ago, Alain13 said:

Can we sign up for the new beta?

Yes, please contact us from here: http://helpdesk.dirac.se

(you'll need to "Sign up for an account")

Warning: My posts may be biased even if in good faith, I work for Dirac Research :-)

We've just released Dirac Live 3.0: https://live.dirac.com/download/

Improvements are listed here: https://live.dirac.com/changelog/

and users of relatively old Mac operating systems will be pleased to see that unofficial support for MacOS 10.11, 10.12 and 10.13 has been added.

13 hours ago, michael123 said:

Installed & re-measured. 

Sound bit different, I think more forward, I like it more. 

Did you re-measure the a new project?  if so, I would have thought it is likely to sound different because even with the best efforts, putting the mic in precisely the same spots as a previous project would be impossible.  Have you tried re-loading an existing project and creating a second filter with the new version for a  like for like comparison?

Audirvana Plus/Dirac Live - Weiss 202 - Lavardin IT-15 - Art Emotion Signatures.  DragonFly Red - Sennheiser HD600s & IE800s.

18 hours ago, flak said:

We've just released Dirac Live 3.0: https://live.dirac.com/download/

Improvements are listed here: https://live.dirac.com/changelog/

and users of relatively old Mac operating systems will be pleased to see that unofficial support for MacOS 10.11, 10.12 and 10.13 has been added.

Do we need to make a new measurement? Or has nothing changed on the measurement part and can a saved project/measurement from v2.5.3 be used?

24 minutes ago, SteveS1 said:

Did you re-measure the a new project?  if so, I would have thought it is likely to sound different because even with the best efforts, putting the mic in precisely the same spots as a previous project would be impossible.  Have you tried re-loading an existing project and creating a second filter with the new version for a  like for like comparison?

I didn't re-measure as I wanted to conduct the full procedure to verify the new UI. i don't know precisely where were the fixes, was it just during the last step of filter prep or also during measurements? 

BUT, I want to say that that's the point of Dirac - even though the placement varies a bit, result should be more or less the same, isn't it?

I measure 'Wide' arrangement, I have quite a bit sofa and there are 17? points.

I remember Flavio told me once that does not really matter how exact you put the microphone, except for the sweet spot.

Anyway, my sofa has these sitting pillow so I put the mic kind of in between so it is more or less similar to what I did before.

Having said that, I see the new measurement produced same gain for the speakers, but bit different delay values. 

Why? Is it a fix?

1 hour ago, michael123 said:

I didn't re-measure as I wanted to conduct the full procedure to verify the new UI. i don't know precisely where were the fixes, was it just during the last step of filter prep or also during measurements? 

BUT, I want to say that that's the point of Dirac - even though the placement varies a bit, result should be more or less the same, isn't it?

I measure 'Wide' arrangement, I have quite a bit sofa and there are 17? points.

I remember Flavio told me once that does not really matter how exact you put the microphone, except for the sweet spot.

Anyway, my sofa has these sitting pillow so I put the mic kind of in between so it is more or less similar to what I did before.

Having said that, I see the new measurement produced same gain for the speakers, but bit different delay values. 

Why? Is it a fix?

Yes results from two projects (even in the same config) will vary very slightly, you can't really avoid it.  They will of course sound extremely close and very different from no filter.  But when listening critically there will be slight differences.  When I did my original project, I measured three (same config - Sofa Narrow) and created a filter with each.   They all sounded excellent, differences were very subtle.  I ran with the one I preferred.  They are very easy to compare in real time and at a consistent volume level.

I will load my project later, create a new filter and compare with the original made on the earlier Dirac version.

Audirvana Plus/Dirac Live - Weiss 202 - Lavardin IT-15 - Art Emotion Signatures.  DragonFly Red - Sennheiser HD600s & IE800s.

Hello, 

My name is Rafael and I have just registered over here right now. Hopefully I can ask you for help with my problem. 

I have Dirac Live Calibration Tool 3.0.0 and Dirac Live Professor 1.2.6 win64bit and win32bit. 

I have installed Dirac Live calibration tool and Dirac Live Processor 64bit versión as my windows 7 is 64bit version too. 

I am using foobar2000 1.5.4 and this is where I am not sure how to install everything as I know I need to locate audio plugin in the menu but I do not know how to make it. Without it I cannot go through the whole calibration tool process etc. 

Can anyone help me with some step by step help of how to make it, please ? 

After, when I will set up everything and do my calibration I promise to get back over here and share my impressions especially that my audio system is very specific and I would like to share it with you as well later on. 

My Best Regards to all of you. 

Rafael

Hi. You need to install Diral Live and Dirac Live processor of your choice (32bit/ 64 bit) first. When processor is being installed you will find DL plugin in C://Program files/Common files/ VST2 or VST3. Next step is to install VST plugin within Foobar. Here is the process:

https://windowsreport.com/install-foobar-vst-plugin/

When you install DL VST plugin in Foobar you can start Dirac Live application and it should accept VST plugin as Device. Then you can continue your measurements. Before you do that remember to login to DL with your data.

Here is the detailed process from DL website.

https://live.dirac.com/processor-step-by-step/

Macmini/ Jriver MC26 - Audiofire 12 - MSB-MVC-1 volume control - Cinepro 2k6 amp - Geddes Abbey speakers plus 4 x 10" Aurasound subs

43 minutes ago, dziemian said:

Hi. You need to install Diral Live and Dirac Live processor of your choice (32bit/ 64 bit) first. When processor is being installed you will find DL plugin in C://Program files/Common files/ VST2 or VST3. Next step is to install VST plugin within Foobar. Here is the process:

When you install DL VST plugin in Foobar you can start Dirac Live application and it should accept VST plugin as Device. Then you can continue your measurements. Before you do that remember to login to DL with your data.

Thank you for your help. I will try to make it soon and will get back to you to let you know if everything is working now. 

Rafael

4 hours ago, dziemian said:

I have tried to make it step by step and when I am trying to load DiracLiveProcessor VST plugin from program files/common files/VST2 in to the VST plug-ins in Foobar2000 I am getting an error information:

“Could not load VST DLL. You may have tried to use x64 DLL or there is an internal error in the plug-in.” 

Do you know what is causing the problem ? 

Best Regards, 

Rafael

• 3 weeks later...

Impression: Dirac Live v3.0 + Dirac Live Processor v1.3.2

Very nice. Indeed, more forward placement of instruments like michael123's comment above. I can almost reach out and touch someone (or thing). Like in your lap kinda palpability. Some people might prefer larger sound stage with more laid back sound (please see my settings below). I used to prefer the flat target curve more than the auto curve. For about 70% of the music I listen to, I used the flat curve generated filter. With the new version, I probably can live with just the flat curve only. Tone is fuller sounding and highs command less attention. For me this upgrade is a large step up in all departments of SQ, highs, mids, bass, tone density, imaging, sound stage size, overall naturalness. This is a very nice surprise and I hope you have similar experience.

* Note on settings

I took a new measurement with the studio monitor setting. (Regenerating a new filter from old files gave me an error message after upgrading the DLP v1.3.2.) Each speaker is 4-ft away from the listening position with 110-degree apart and 6ft away from the back wall. This set up gives you a similar sensation to listening to binaural recordings with good headsets. foobar2000 is used as a VST host.

Music Source: NAS[Synology], Qobuz, Tidal

Music Player: Roonserver[Mac mini]

Control PC: squeeze2upnp, fb2k, dirac, Jplay Femto, Fidelizer, AO(4D), WS2019 GUI, Mac mini w/HDPlex 200W

Audio PC: Jplay Femto(KS/1000hz), Fidelizer, AO(4D), WS2019 core, i7 w/HDPlex 200W

DDC: Iso Regen w/LPS1.2, Acousence afi+USB (USB to S/PDIF) w/Li-ion battery PS

DAC: Yggdrasil Analog 2

Hi @flak,

I am noticing "No Signal" sign flickering in the DLP UI. (see pic below)

Should I be concerned?

no_signal_DLP.png

Music Source: NAS[Synology], Qobuz, Tidal

Music Player: Roonserver[Mac mini]

Control PC: squeeze2upnp, fb2k, dirac, Jplay Femto, Fidelizer, AO(4D), WS2019 GUI, Mac mini w/HDPlex 200W

Audio PC: Jplay Femto(KS/1000hz), Fidelizer, AO(4D), WS2019 core, i7 w/HDPlex 200W

DDC: Iso Regen w/LPS1.2, Acousence afi+USB (USB to S/PDIF) w/Li-ion battery PS

DAC: Yggdrasil Analog 2