IGNORED

New second generation Dirac Live

Update 1.2.0 of the Dirac Live Processor with a gain and delay compensation bugfix has just been released!

@whoareyou Measuring the room "as it is during the listening session" is ideal but in my opinion avoiding that the furniture is in the path of the microphone is more important than the placement of the mic.

Mic positioning is not as critical as usually thought so I'd change the mic position when necessary.

Warning: My posts may be biased even if in good faith, I work for Dirac Research :-)

I tried the v1.2.0 DLP for the past few days and found it to be the most stable version yet. I have not seen a crash nor the attenuation issue I experienced with v1.1.0. BTW I am using Foobar2000 v1.4.3 as its hosting program. Nice job. Thanks.

Music Source: NAS[Synology], Qobuz, Tidal

Music Player: Roonserver[Mac mini]

Control PC: squeeze2upnp, fb2k, dirac, Jplay Femto, Fidelizer, AO(4D), WS2019 GUI, Mac mini w/HDPlex 200W

Audio PC: Jplay Femto(KS/1000hz), Fidelizer, AO(4D), WS2019 core, i7 w/HDPlex 200W

DDC: Iso Regen w/LPS1.2, Acousence afi+USB (USB to S/PDIF) w/Li-ion battery PS

DAC: Yggdrasil Analog 2

4 hours ago, shinyc said:

I tried the v1.2.0 DLP for the past few days and found it to be the most stable version yet. I have not seen a crash nor the attenuation issue I experienced with v1.1.0. BTW I am using Foobar2000 v1.4.3 as its hosting program. Nice job. Thanks.

foobar2000 needs a VST plug in host component so it can work with Dirac. Are you using the VST 2.4 adapter (foo_vst)?

🎸🎶🏔️🐺

Yes, foo_vst v0.9.0.3. I wonder if anyone has done a comparison SQ-wise between jriver and foobar (as far as DLP is concerned). I kinda thought foobar is a lighter engine, hence better sound (wild guess).

Control PC: squeeze2upnp, fb2k, dirac, Jplay Femto, Fidelizer, AO(4D), WS2019 GUI, Mac mini w/HDPlex 200W

Audio PC: Jplay Femto(KS/1000hz), Fidelizer, AO(4D), WS2019 core, i7 w/HDPlex 200W

Unfortunately the new Dirac Live Prozessor (1.2.0) does not work with my system (MacOS 10.14.6 - Mojave).
I‘m using the DLP with Audirvana.
If I try to change a  filter  in the  settings I get an error report and it‘s not possible to adjust anything. This happens when the speakers are connected directly (Dynaudio Focus XD) and also when playing the music by UPNP.
When I use the former version DLP v.1.1.0 this problem does not occur.
Another problem is the following: If I use a UPNP Renderer (ALLO DigiOne Signatur) as audio output then the DLP starts only  a few seconds after the beginning of the song. But this could be caused by Audirvana as well.
I recognize the starting of the DLP because the volume changes. This happens with every song that is played even songs from playlists. 
The songs starts, is playing some seconds and only then the DLP is activated. The same happens with the next song.

Dirac 01.jpg

Dirac 02.jpg

♦ iTunes ♦ Audirvana 3.5 ♦ Dirac Live ♦ Dynaudio Connect ♦ Dynaudio Focus 200 XD ♦ Allo Digione Signatur Player ♦ Dynaudio Focus 600 XD ♦

3 hours ago, michelangelo said:

also when playing the music by UPNP.

I already reported this issue to Dirac few months back.

I was a beta tester of DL2 and early versions supported DLNA/uPnP playback but they dropped it with the official release. I suspect switching from stand-alone Dirac Processor to VST-embedded one caused the issue but I'm not sure.

I also had an issue with DL2 needing latest MacOS as my transport (Macmini 2011) does not support Catalina. Again, not sure why Dirac needs to have the latest MacOS. My all other audio apps and plugins work fine with previous OS versions.

• 3 weeks later...

Finally decided to go ahead and install v2 after holding off until hopefully it was a usuable product. It's been a long, long wait. If there is anyone else here who is still holding out, I have good news. I had a couple of minor issues, quickly sorted, but now my Windows 10/JRiver 26/Dirac is running smooth as butter and sounding better than ever.

26 minutes ago, dapost said:

Is Dirac Live Processor 1.2.0 stereo only? Seems no way to enable multichannel. Using Mojave MacOS.

Same issue here, I still use 1.0.3. All version after that (v1.1, v1.2.0 & v1.2.2) either crash or give no sound when used in Multi Channel. But getting in touch with support is a no-go, as they still not officially support Multi Channel, only Stereo. :(

Took the plunge today and installed "DiracLive v2.4.1 Setup Darwin.app" on my MacBookPro OS 10.15.4. Plugged in the microfone, started the audio system (Devialet Expert). These were all correctly visible in the Mac's Sound Preferences.

Started DiracLive and..........nothing. It didn't find any of the in or outputs even if I entered the Devialet's IP.

What is possibly keeping me from even measuring?

Got V2 installed and running. And the sound quality is very nice. I was running v1 and the betas before and I think I have something much better than what I had previously realized. Which I would attribute largely to the v2 and a small bit to measurement technique (which I kind of adapted from the walk through on V2 by mitchco)

I note a couple of issues and am posting to figure out whether it is windows / my set up or it is something that I should flag to the Dirac helpdesk. (I am running v2 on a win10 pc, with Roon and VXThost)

1) switching filters creates an audible click and a red clipping indicator comes on, on one of the channels (on the VU bars in the vxthost panel)

2) Likely as not the system does not make the swtich but gets "stuck" on playing a small bit of music 

What do you think ? 

thanks

gr

I tried the new Dirac VST plug-in in JRiver. It could not connect to my ASIO microphone (MOTU audio interface). The help desk confirmed it is a bug in Dirac that they will fix in the future. Maybe multi-channel someday too. For now it's useless for me.

• 1 month later...

It will take time as we have to release the multichannel version of the Dirac Live Processor first (it's a prerequisite) but the next step will be Dirac Live Bass Control.

Previously known as Dirac Bass Management it adds bass control to bass management... inter-speaker support to enable room correction beyond the capability of individual speakers.
Here a guide with technical details: http://diracdocs.com/Bass%20Control%20in%20Live.pdf

It's targeted to the most sophisticated systems as it requires a dedicated channel for each subwoofer so that a multichannel audiocard or DAC is necessary, these are examples:

https://www.minidsp.com/products/usb-audio-interface/u-dac8

https://www.oktoresearch.com/dac8pro.htm

:) Flavio

Warning: My posts may be biased even if in good faith, I work for Dirac Research :-)

Hi @flak,

Would the bass management software work with minidsp DDRC-24? I wish to run 2 front channels w/ 2 sub-woofers. 

9 minutes ago, shinyc said:

Hi @flak,

Would the bass management software work with minidsp DDRC-24? I wish to run 2 front channels w/ 2 sub-woofers. 

Hi shinyc,

it might, thanks to the indipendent channels for subs, but that's a question for miniDSP to answer...

Hi @flak,

Is there a separate load for the Dirac 3 (aka. Bass Control) or will it become a part of the Dirac 2? If separate, will there be another beta run?

On 5/7/2020 at 4:21 AM, asdf1000 said:

Hi @flak

I would like to use Dirac Live on my Mac with active speakers (no sub yet).

It's just a USB DAC to analogue active speakers.

I've just downloaded 2.5.3 and get this below screen.

Where do I actually pay for Dirac? I am logged in.

image.thumb.png.19b46c2eeb53de12fd79b33905f59495.png

Do you have Dirac Live enabled hardware?

If not then you will also require the Dirac Live Processor for Mac (v1.2.5)

Then follow the instructions at https://live.dirac.com/processor-step-by-step/

or follow the excellent review by mitchco at 

54 minutes ago, alandbush said:

If not then you will also require the Dirac Live Processor for Mac (v1.2.5)

Thanks. 

I don't have any Dirac Live enabled hardware. 

I was hoping to just have my Mac running Dirac Live for Mac and connected to USB DAC..

Is Dirac Live Processor for Mac free? I assume not, so where exactly do I buy it? I can't find anywhere.

Also, I thought Dirac Live (including for Mac) was up to v2 now?

I understand your post very well and i am also -sorry- pissed due to the behaviour of DIRAC in the last months.

So i stoppted using DIRAC. Instead i purchased Acourate, created Acourate filters (you need a windows PC for this), put these filters into Roon convolvin engine; and in this way Acourate is also usable on a MAC.

Sounds even better than DIRAC, no more fiddling and stress with the non working DIRAC software.

Okay, i had to pay again for a room correction software. Anyway: now i am ready and everything works fine.