IGNORED

New second generation Dirac Live

1 minute ago, GoldenEar said:

In my system (Mac Mini late 2012 with Mojave) I still can use Dirac Processor 1.2 as an endpoint for Roon, so probably anything else was wrong in your setup. However, I can confirm that the solution with Audio Hijack/Roon/Dirac Live Processor (new version 1.0) sounds worse than Audirvana with the same processor. With Dirac Live 1.2 it was the other way round.

Regards

Kay

Of course it will sound worse. Dirac should be also available as a plug-in for Roon DSP engine, or otherwise we will wait fot VST support there.

Another option on Windows not Mac I use is having output redirected to JRiver WDM driver, sound is good. But having multiple applications is awful

On 12/10/2019 at 11:44 PM, flak said:

We are looking into automatically migrating the Dirac Live 1.x licenses so that Dirac Live 1.x owners will be able to use the new Dirac Live Processor together with the Dirac Live 2.3 calibration tool.

I don't now how will we proceed with owners of multichannel licenses as the multichannel version of the Dirac Live Processor isn't ready yet.

:) Flavio

Hi Flavio,

As the multichannel beta expires in 2 days, I asked the Dirac Helpdesk about an extension and got the following reply:

The Live Processor is for sale now here: https://live.dirac.com/pro-audio/ 
We do not hand out any more extensions now. 
I am sorry we have not yet sent out a thank you email to the beta testers. We aim to do this asap. In that email you will also have a discount on the processor.  

Is this true? Will my multichannel v2 beta just stop working? Or will my v1 license (temporarily) be upgraded to v2 stereo for example?

Regards,
Alain

Hi,

I freely admit I have not at all kept up with the 500+ (!) posts in this thread....

Now that I see from the post above that the Dirac Live Processor is for sale.... could anyone summarise or give their experience of the real-world useability of it with Roon (I assume via an AU/VST host)? Or link to a post that does?

Thank you....

Mac Mini > RME ADI-2 DAC > Hypex Ncore monoblocks > ATC SCM-11 speakers & C1 subwoofer

On 12/10/2019 at 6:34 PM, jcn3 said:

if you go into the dirac portal (portal.dirac.se) and then go to "user licenses and installation records", do you see v2 listed?  my understanding is that v1 licensees will be upgraded to v2, but haven't see any details at this point.

i'm licensed for v1, but haven't messed around with v2 -- was waiting for things to settle down and the kinks worked out.

Any news here?

If I go to old portal, I see my 1.2 Full license - 2 installations, but in the new portal it is empty,

6 hours ago, Alain13 said:

Hi Flavio,

As the multichannel beta expires in 2 days, I asked the Dirac Helpdesk about an extension and got the following reply:

We do not hand out any more extensions now.  ……..
Is this true? Will my multichannel v2 beta just stop working? Or will my v1 license (temporarily) be upgraded to v2 stereo for example?
Regards,
Alain

Hi Alain,

Did you ever find out what is going on with multichannel version?

18 hours ago, michael123 said:

Of course it will sound worse. Dirac should be also available as a plug-in for Roon DSP engine, or otherwise we will wait fot VST support there.

Another option on Windows not Mac I use is having output redirected to JRiver WDM driver, sound is good. But having multiple applications is awful

And while we can always hope that Dirac somehow manages to turn back the dial to allow Roon + Dirac as endpoint, until such time there are alternative solutions. The one I chose is Home Audio Fidelity (HAF), which with its crosstalk correction actually has one big thing up on Dirac (voices reproduce better and stand out from background music better an more realistically).

That said, the impulse response control with Dirac was intoxicating, especially for a lover of jazz or other music with a lot of percussion or pizzicato. So there is a trade off.

But from the practical perspective, HAF wins hands down. HAF creates convolution filters from your measurements that work beautifully with Roon, no Audio Hijack or other applications required. You can't fiddle around with your measurements and filters like you might with Dirac, as you have to pay HAF to process your measurements for you and create new convolution filters files whenever you materially change your listening room or system. But if your listening room and system are not likely to have any material changes in the foreseeable future, locking into something like HAF's convolution filters files is just fine. 

27 minutes ago, michael123 said:

Hi

I am stuck in the middle of measurements with the new Dirac Live/Processor (Windows/JRiver) - where do I set an output device??

In previous betas, there was a choice of drivers, and I picked up one related to DAC.

Now, when I try to calibrate output volume, I don't hear any sound!

I figured out that I need to play a music in JRiver while measuring in Dirac Live.

But going to the last stage of filter export, I got an error I have no license for phase correction.

What should I do?

7 minutes ago, milva said:

Since December 6,  2017 we know from Flavio that the new Dirac Live version will be free for existing Dirac Live owners. It is interesting that nobody was concerned with the transfer of licences during the several years of development. Will we have to wait another two years after the promising betatesting?

Create a ticket for the helpdesk and they’ll fix it for you 👍🏻

On 12/12/2019 at 8:50 AM, Alain13 said:

Hi Flavio,

We do not hand out any more extensions now. 
I am sorry we have not yet sent out a thank you email to the beta testers. We aim to do this asap. In that email you will also have a discount on the processor.  

Regards,
Alain

Yes, there is a code for beta testers for a 25% discount off the 350 USD PRICE.

Why am I supposed to pay for another license Dirac Live as a beta tester? I already own two, one for stereo and one for multichannel. On top of that, I own the license for MiniDSP DDRC22 and MiniDSP nanoAVR. I think, I paid enough for Dirac Live  license fees.

1 minute ago, flak said:

I'm sorry for the inconvenience, we are looking into that but on the other hand I'd like to outline that we upgrade free of charge even licenses that have been purchased in 2012 and the new version is expected to be valuable for many other years to come...

a good long term investment in my (biased) opinion :)

Flavio, could you please check why do I get missing phase correction license during filter export step?

I replied to the case

Thanks

2 minutes ago, michael123 said:

Flavio, could you please check why do I get missing phase correction license during filter export step?

I replied to the case

Thanks

Sure, we'll look at it this Monday

(you may send me a PM with ticket number if you want)

Warning: My posts may be biased even if in good faith, I work for Dirac Research :-)

I'm also having issues with my license. I get the following message when I click the "Dirac Live Processor" icon in the Dirac Live app

"You are missing the correct license ..." See below.

Actually, I login with the same account that I bought the license. After login I can check the license info and it's there and correct.

Looking forward to a solution so that I can try the latest and greatest. Thanks.

PS. I already created a ticket last Friday but no reply so far.

781369584_ScreenShot2019-12-17at00_40_21.thumb.jpg.9ef1b0868def0b37aba3c037dfb80a27.jpg

My playback chain has a very large latency. This creates an issue when measuring with Dirac. Test tone comes out some 15 seconds after clicking the measure button and by that time the test tone comes out, the progress meter on the Dirac Live screen hits 98% already and Dirac gives up listening to the rest of the test tone which does play in its entirety to the end though. My playback chain involves foobar, upnp renderer, jplay femto upnp server, jplay streamer. I recall HQplayer exhibited a very large latency as well. Does anyone else have similar problem? I already asked Dirac if they can elongation the test tone listening window. 

Music Source: NAS[Synology], Qobuz, Tidal

Music Player: Roonserver[Mac mini]

Control PC: squeeze2upnp, fb2k, dirac, Jplay Femto, Fidelizer, AO(4D), WS2019 GUI, Mac mini w/HDPlex 200W

Audio PC: Jplay Femto(KS/1000hz), Fidelizer, AO(4D), WS2019 core, i7 w/HDPlex 200W

DDC: Iso Regen w/LPS1.2, Acousence afi+USB (USB to S/PDIF) w/Li-ion battery PS

DAC: Yggdrasil Analog 2

6 minutes ago, shinyc said:

My playback chain has a very large latency. This creates an issue when measuring with Dirac. Test tone comes out some 15 seconds after clicking the measure button and by that time the test tone comes out, the progress meter on the Dirac Live screen hits 98% already and Dirac gives up listening to the rest of the test tone which does play in its entirety to the end though. My playback chain involves foobar, upnp renderer, jplay femto upnp server, jplay streamer. I recall HQplayer exhibited a very large latency as well. Does anyone else have similar problem? I already asked Dirac if they can elongation the test tone listening window. 

You can probably measure in JRiver or foobar, and then use the filter in your playback chain