IGNORED

New second generation Dirac Live

Well I've used the latest version beta for a while.  Settled on a filter and been really enjoying the results.  Now that the output level is retained on re-opening AV and I've found the filters in the Mac directory (for deletion if necessary) it all works fine and without incident.  Great stuff, presumably it is now close to release.

Are there any more recent betas within the last couple of weeks?  This one shows just 15 days left.

Audirvana Plus/Dirac Live - Weiss 202 - Lavardin IT-15 - Art Emotion Signatures.  DragonFly Red - Sennheiser HD600s & IE800s.

Hi all,

I am testing 0.9.35 and I am very satisfied. I am up-/downsampling everything to 96 kHz and it works flawlessly with Audirvana+. Sound quality is much better than with Roon -> Audio Hijack.

Hoping for the final release and 192 kHz. Will there be a standalone Version of the Processor for use with Roon?

Regards 

Kay

Mac mini (Mojave, Audirvana/Amarra/Roon) -> Dirac -> Audioquest Carbon USB -> devialet 200 -> MIT Shotgun MA -> Verity Audio Leonore

Has anyone configured their Dirac installation for multichannel? 

I'm just getting around to trying the new beta.  I first uninstalled and deleted all Dirac directories. 

Next I reinstalled all new software and copied channels.json (5.1) to:

C:\Users\<USER>\AppData\Roaming\Dirac\DiracLiveProcessor (per DiracLiveMultichannelGuide.pdf)

Dirac will not configure to multichannel for me.  This worked fine with previous processor marked alpha

If anyone has successfully configured for multichannel, will you please provide details?

This is version 0.9.37 on windows 64 bit.

Thanks very much

On 11/15/2019 at 3:27 PM, Alain13 said:

I only get stereo sound with the 0.9.35 beta DLP. Switching back to 0.9.24 alpha DLP gives me 5.1 surround sound again.

Anyone else noticed it?

Created a ticket to the helpdesk for it.

Did you ever get this resolved?  I just installed the latest beta and I am not able to get multichannel setup configured.  Only stereo.  I filed report with help desk.

6 hours ago, whoareyou said:

Did you ever get this resolved?  I just installed the latest beta and I am not able to get multichannel setup configured.  Only stereo.  I filed report with help desk.

Yes I did, the helpdesk will help you out.

You’ll get a new version and a different config file then before (temporary solution) to make it the channel config you have. 

On 12/1/2019 at 3:17 AM, Alain13 said:

Yes I did, the helpdesk will help you out.

You’ll get a new version and a different config file then before (temporary solution) to make it the channel config you have. 

Thanks.  

Helpdesk got me going, although for me I now have a couple of issues related to setting initial channel levels.  Unfortunately, the helpdesk site is not working for me at moment, so I'll have to wait to report.

One item that I'm not sure is a bug or not:

When setting initial levels, all channels except for the subwoofer play pink noise.  Subwoofer channel plays the calibration sweep tone and not pink noise.  Is that behavior you are seeing?

Issue I am definitely having is:

Clicking on the "play" button for a channel's test tone (for setting levels), works inconsistently .  Most of time I have to toggle button multiple times to initiate the leveling tone.  Sometimes, it just won't work at all.

A quick ? for a newbie/about to be Dirac Live user.   I have just purchased a 2nd hand Minidsp DDRC 22D that has DL Ver 1 installed.    I have an Imac that has El Capitan OS, so from my research it will run the DL Ver 1 software.    Sadly the Imac is too old and can't load the Mojave OS to run DL Ver 2.0.  Not to worry I will play with Ver 1.0 until I get up to speed.

I can't seem to find the DL Ver 1 download anywhere to install on the Imac.   Has Dirac removed it completely in favour of Ver 2.0 or am I just having a 'Man look' and missing the download link.

Any thoughts.

New thoughts - reviewing my research -  I have signed on to Dirac Live but have yet to transfer the Minidsp 22D license over to me.     I can't fully access Dirac at this time without the License.     Will I be able to locate the Ver 1 download within the Dirac Website once I have the 22D license and everything is good to go?

Regards Cazzesman

I got this reply from Dirac Support......

Hello,

miniDSP is now using the standard version of Dirac Live 2.x that is downloadable from our site while it previously used a dedicated implementation of Dirac Live 1.x.
For a download link and license activation details you can contact miniDSP itself from here:
https://support.minidsp.com/support/tickets/new

Thanks and best regards

So looks like problem solved.    Minidsp have told me previously, once I contact them with my personal details and the details of the 2nd hand Unit they reassign the 22D license to me.   The Dirac website will recognise it and the software will work once I insert the License details from Minidsp.     Fingers crossed.

Regards Cazzesman

Hi all,

the new version is out now! It plays up to 192 kHz in my system and sounds great. However, I am unable to claim my license at the Dirac portal. It keeps saying unknown key. Any of you has been successful?

Regards Kay

Mac mini (Mojave, Audirvana/Amarra/Roon) -> Dirac -> Audioquest Carbon USB -> devialet 200 -> MIT Shotgun MA -> Verity Audio Leonore

21 hours ago, GoldenEar said:

Hi all,

the new version is out now! It plays up to 192 kHz in my system and sounds great. However, I am unable to claim my license at the Dirac portal. It keeps saying unknown key. Any of you has been successful?

Regards Kay

if you go into the dirac portal (portal.dirac.se) and then go to "user licenses and installation records", do you see v2 listed?  my understanding is that v1 licensees will be upgraded to v2, but haven't see any details at this point.

i'm licensed for v1, but haven't messed around with v2 -- was waiting for things to settle down and the kinks worked out.

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100

We are looking into automatically migrating the Dirac Live 1.x licenses so that Dirac Live 1.x owners will be able to use the new Dirac Live Processor together with the Dirac Live 2.3 calibration tool.

I don't now how will we proceed with owners of multichannel licenses as the multichannel version of the Dirac Live Processor isn't ready yet.

:) Flavio

Warning: My posts may be biased even if in good faith, I work for Dirac Research :-)

14 hours ago, flak said:

We are looking into automatically migrating the Dirac Live 1.x licenses so that Dirac Live 1.x owners will be able to use the new Dirac Live Processor together with the Dirac Live 2.3 calibration tool.

Great news, and as a Dirac Live 1.x licensee I can't wait to try it out. Has the compatibility issue with Roon on Mac OS (using Dirac as an endpoint) been resolved?

On 12/9/2019 at 9:22 PM, GoldenEar said:

Hi all,

Regards Kay

Hi, to which version of processor did you refer?

1 hour ago, jiminlogansquare said:

Great news, and as a Dirac Live 1.x licensee I can't wait to try it out. Has the compatibility issue with Roon on Mac OS (using Dirac as an endpoint) been resolved?

My understanding is that there is no compatibility issue, Roon simply doesn't support standard AU, VST plugins nor AAX ones so the only solution seems to be a virtual cable like Audio Hijack:

http://diracdocs.com/Roon_&_Dirac_Live_2.0.pdf

(exclusive audio should be disabled when using Audio Hijack as that bypasses their audio capture engine)

Warning: My posts may be biased even if in good faith, I work for Dirac Research :-)

12 minutes ago, flak said:

My understanding is that there is no compatibility issue, Roon simply doesn't support standard AU, VST plugins nor AAX ones so the only solution seems to be a virtual cable like Audio Hijack:

http://diracdocs.com/Roon_&_Dirac_Live_2.0.pdf

(exclusive audio should be disabled when using Audio Hijack as that bypasses their audio capture engine)

I was able to use Dirac Live as an endpoint with Roon for several years. I had both Roon and Dirac Live running on a 2011 Mac Mini. In autumn 2018, I upgraded to a 2018 Mac Mini, and with that to the then-latest version of Mac OS. At that time, it became no longer possible to use Dirac Live as an endpoint with Roon. Dirac did tell me at that time (early 2019) that Audio Hijack was a work-around, and I was in fact able to use Dirac Live as a plug-in with Audio Hijack and could get Roon to play with Dirac Live in that way. However, it is an awkward work-around that also, to my ear, degraded the sound quality of both Roon and Dirac Live. Perhaps the issue is compatibility between Roon and Mac OS updates since autumn 2018? Or something about the combination of Roon, Dirac Live and 2018-and later updates to Mac OS?

1 hour ago, jiminlogansquare said:

I was able to use Dirac Live as an endpoint with Roon for several years. I had both Roon and Dirac Live running on a 2011 Mac Mini. In autumn 2018, I upgraded to a 2018 Mac Mini, and with that to the then-latest version of Mac OS. At that time, it became no longer possible to use Dirac Live as an endpoint with Roon. Dirac did tell me at that time (early 2019) that Audio Hijack was a work-around, and I was in fact able to use Dirac Live as a plug-in with Audio Hijack and could get Roon to play with Dirac Live in that way. However, it is an awkward work-around that also, to my ear, degraded the sound quality of both Roon and Dirac Live. Perhaps the issue is compatibility between Roon and Mac OS updates since autumn 2018? Or something about the combination of Roon, Dirac Live and 2018-and later updates to Mac OS?

Maybe the plugin was an incomplete beta?

(we had several issues during beta testing that have been subsequently fixed)

That could be, as I did try with no success to use an early Dirac Live 2 beta.

However, the problem originally arose with Dirac Live 1.x. It showed up spontaneously when I moved to the new 2018 Mac Mini with updated Mac OS late in 2018. 

Again, the problem was that before the OS upgrade, I was able to select Dirac Live 1.x as a Roon endpoint (where my 2011 Mac Mini was serving as the Roon core and also running Dirac Live application), but immediately after I switched to the new Mac Mini with updated Mac OS and tried to run the same programs in the same way, I was no longer able to do so - i.e., I could run Roon just fine, but I could no longer open Dirac Live and point to it in Roon as a Roon endpoint. Audio Hijack was a workaround suggested by Dirac that, as I noted above, worked but was not 100% satisfactory. 

I very much look forward to trying Dirac Live 2, final non-Beta version, to see whether it plays well with Roon on my 2018 Mac Mini running the current update to Mac OS (Catalina)! Let me know when the license transfer for Dirac Live 1.x licensees such as myself becomes available. Thanks!

1 hour ago, flak said:

@flak

Can you provide clarification as to what has been officially released?  And on each platform?

For example, Multichannel processor for the PC seems to still be Beta?  But two channel is release?

I for one am thoroughly confused.

Also, on each platform what playback sample rates are supported?  I am *trying* to beta test the multichannel 64bit PC version (with JRiver), but I can't determine how sample rate should be configured   I utilize 96khz for everything - but is that the only option or is it correct?

Thanks

8 hours ago, flak said:

What's the latest beta?

I've tried beta .37 and it did crash both Audirvana and JRiver. Before it used to work with the exception of holding attenuation setting (was clipping). Now cannot go pass the first screen in DL2 after recognising DL2 Processor plugin in the players. I use sampling rate of 48KHz with UMIK-1.

My setup: Macbook Pro (mid 2014), MacOS: 10.14.6 . Audio Out: Toslink from Macbook,  DAC: Chord Qutest

13 hours ago, jiminlogansquare said:

Again, the problem was that before the OS upgrade, I was able to select Dirac Live 1.x as a Roon endpoint (where my 2011 Mac Mini was serving as the Roon core and also running Dirac Live application), but immediately after I switched to the new Mac Mini with updated Mac OS and tried to run the same programs in the same way, I was no longer able to do so - i.e., I could run Roon just fine, but I could no longer open Dirac Live and point to it in Roon as a Roon endpoint. Audio Hijack was a workaround suggested by Dirac that, as I noted above, worked but was not 100% satisfactory. 

In my system (Mac Mini late 2012 with Mojave) I still can use Dirac Processor 1.2 as an endpoint for Roon, so probably anything else was wrong in your setup. However, I can confirm that the solution with Audio Hijack/Roon/Dirac Live Processor (new version 1.0) sounds worse than Audirvana with the same processor. With Dirac Live 1.2 it was the other way round.

Regards

Kay