IGNORED

New second generation Dirac Live

23 hours ago, michelangelo said:

Hi Flac,

my beta version ends in 4 days. Is it possible to prolong it oder is there a new beta version?

Hi Michelangelo, dziemian and TommyCat

we are not prolonging Michelangelo's beta version because the current beta build has flaws that will give bad results for anything except 48k.

Also, care must be taken during calibration to make sure that is also 48k.

That's why I think that dziemian and TommyCat findings are correct.

Flavio

Warning: My posts may be biased even if in good faith, I work for Dirac Research :-)

13 hours ago, TommyCat said:

Well, this explains why if you click on “audio settings” when the processor is first opened, and then selecting a higher sample rate (I.e 96khz) you cannot open your project (s). You get an error message.  Also, I am not sure we can go back to V1 b/c mine, all of a sudden, became disabled because “no longer supported”.  Thanks to Flavio, I found out about version 2.  Hopefully this can all be resolved in fairly short order.  Flavio, thank you very much for highlighting the 48 kHz ‘only” issue.  Explains a lot and now don’t feel like I am going nuts!

Hi TommyCat,

while waiting if you want to keep using the beta plugins for the 1.x version send me a PM with your email.

Warning: My posts may be biased even if in good faith, I work for Dirac Research :-)

15 hours ago, TommyCat said:

I think I can live with this as long as we are not talking “months” before fixed. Will have everything knocked down to 48khz for the time being. Also, I think my trial for version 2 is going to expire soon. Will it actually expire or can this be ignored?

It is supposed to expire, if it does'nt we have a problem :)

That's the reason why I suggested to keep using the previous plugins by sending me a PM with your email..

• 1 month later...

Sorry, I don't know... development for AVRs has been prioritized as we have Arcam, AudioControl, Lexicon and NAD for both PC and Mac in concurrent beta testing.

• 2 months later...

The Dirac Live 2.0 calibration tool is finished while the 2.0 DiracLiveProcessor, that acts as a VST/AU host, is still working in stereo at 48 KHz.
This is an official announcement about standalone Dirac Live in Facebook:

@milva it's unusual that a message to HelpDesk is left unanswered but we might have skipped yours, please send me an MP with your ticket number and we'll check and solve

Thanks, Flavio

5 hours ago, hiind said:

Hi Flávio,

I too have received no reponse/reply from the help desk after almost two weeks of sending my query! No ticket number either

Hi hiind,

no ticket number is weird, may be somehow the outgoing mail server's IP number was temporarily blocked and we did'nt receive the email?

A solution is using the portal here: http://helpdesk.dirac.se/index.php?pg=request

3 hours ago, milva said:

It is also interesting that the www pages do not contain any data and links to Dirac Live v1.2 for Mac and PC. How does an inexperienced user know when reinstalling the SW to another computer? Let's see if the upgrade to V2 is finally free.

Hi milva,

we will be pleased to help with downloads... again here: http://helpdesk.dirac.se/index.php?pg=request

The upgrade of standalone to Dirac Live 2.0 will be free as it is for all current Dirac enabled products that recently upgraded.

Hi esbrewer,

it's important for us to follow up on this reported communication issue, there is no doubt that good coomunications are simply essential.

While emails might have problems (of course we must solve any eventual issue) I suggest that the portal is used:

http://helpdesk.dirac.se/index.php?pg=request

I double checked and it seems to work as expected, please send me a PM if you find differently.

Also I'm asking the courtesy of sending me details about messages that have not been answered (or probably not received) together with the email thay have been sent to.

Thanks for your support, Flavio

• 2 weeks later...

At last I can explain why it was necessary to completely rewrite Dirac Live 2.x requiring much more time than simply updating Dirac Live 1.x

In addition to the improved algorithm that takes into account the response in phase of the pair of speakers and the new interface with the possibility of many more measurements this new generation will allow us to add plugins as announced here:

http://diracdocs.com//Dirac_Live_2.x_bass_management.pdf

Flavio

• 3 months later...

With reference to the standalone version the Dirac Live calibration tool is complete and we have a new build 0.9.11 of the DiracLiveProcessor (still stereo at 48 KHz) aimed at fixing the centering issue.

If interested in testing it please let us know at: http://helpdesk.dirac.se/index.php?pg=request

@SteveS1 the latest 2.2 calibration tool tries to take your findings and comments into account including the choice of a different color theme

@Montanari ciao, the calibration tool is ready but the DiracLiveProcessor is still an alpha

@michelangelo you should have received the 0.9.11 build

Thanks for your time and cooperation

2 hours ago, shinyc said:

Hi Flavio,

Please check my request as well.

Hi shinyc,

if you have'nt received it please send me an MP with the ticket number

Thanks, Flavio

• 1 month later...

Let me add some useful info for DSD256...

With reference to Dirac Live 2.2 it is recommended that users are always logged in Dirac Live when using it,

the account can be created here: https://live.dirac.com/register/

The project must have been saved when logged in and the user must be logged in when loading it.

Then it doesn’t matter on which computer the project is located.

If a user is not logged in he can’t move projects between computers and he may not be able to load a previously saved project on the same computer if the session has been reset since the project was saved.

Please click on the hamburger menu (a circle with 3 horizontal lines) when Dirac Live is invoked and select the login button. This will take you to the first page of Dirac live and you can login. Pressing proceed will take you to the recording device page.

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, michelangelo said:

Hello Flac,
Thank you very much for the good news.
Should I send a new request or is this also possible with the old request number?

Hi Michelangelo,

a new request is safer...

• 2 weeks later...

Users of standalone Dirac Live have been patiently waiting for a long time and I want to thank them.

I think it was worth it as I'm pleased to inform that the soon to be released testing version will be not only multichannel if desired but will also include the possibility of using a multichannel audiocard/DAC for advanced management of multiple subs of a stereo set-up with players like for example JRiver:

https://www.dirac.com/dirac-live-bass-management-beta-signup

:) Flavio

P.S. It's now expected within the end of this month but because of the above it might take one or two weeks longer (we also have to write instructions)

On 6/17/2019 at 5:34 AM, sound_cycle said:

Hi Flavio,

I am on the older  licensed version.

I downloaded and installed

Dirac live v2 for win last night, however it will not allow me to login, with my existing I'd/ pwd. I proceeded to reset my password but the new one will not work either. 

What did I miss doing correctly ? Could you please let me know.

Thanks

GR

Hi sound_cycle,

the download that you're referring to is the Dirac Live calibration tool that can be used by itself only with Dirac enabled AVRs and audio components.

For standalone use you also need the DiracLiveProcessor, you can apply for testing the full package here:

http://helpdesk.dirac.se/index.php?pg=request

Thanks, Flavio

On 6/21/2019 at 4:32 PM, Kal Rubinson said:

The web-page refers to 2.3 and 2.4 setups but what about a 5.3 setup?

We will support 5.3 and more :)

(the text needs to be modified accordingly)

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/8/2019 at 1:00 PM, michelangelo said:

Hi flac,
any news for the new Beta?

Hi Michelangelo,

we expected the beta to be complete by now, we have have found some issues ourselves so it was not reasonable to send it out to beta testers and we are working on fixing them (summer holidays don't help :( )

We announce no ETA as we will release it as soon as possible.

12 hours ago, DSD256 said:

New beta has arrived...thanks...but:

on my macbook an old problem suddenly is up again. Dirac processor does not recognize the macbook mic input.

this essential for starting diraclive...in the end no measurements was possible, cause no input was found. With an external soundcard like the Audient id14 I have had no input either.

I haven't tested the input via the Audient id14 with the current beta yet, but I assume that it doesn't work like the macbook mic-input. i'm back to the previous processor beta...now i have mic input again.

Please contact us at http://helpdesk.dirac.se/, thanks

On 7/22/2019 at 11:02 AM, michelangelo said:

I have the same problem.☹️

Hi Michelangelo and DSD256,

it's probable that the "support recording" option had been enabled in the DiracLiveProcessor while it should not,

that option will be probably removed.

If the above does'nt solve the issue please contact us at http://helpdesk.dirac.se/

Thanks, Flavio