flak

New second generation Dirac Live

Rate this topic

10 minutes ago, shinyc said:

I am also trying the new version to work, in my case, with foobar2000. Mine also comes up with blank screen. When I try to connect to the DAP through DiracLive from another computer, DAP crashes immediately.

Now, DiracLive crashes after a pause of 10s of seconds while trying to connect to DAP. More listening to my turntable for now.

Music Source: NAS[Synology], Qobuz, Tidal

Music Player: Roonserver[Mac mini]

Control PC: squeeze2upnp, fb2k, dirac, Jplay Femto, Fidelizer, AO(4D), WS2019 GUI, Mac mini w/HDPlex 200W

Audio PC: Jplay Femto(KS/1000hz), Fidelizer, AO(4D), WS2019 core, i7 w/HDPlex 200W

DDC: Iso Regen w/LPS1.2, Acousence afi+USB (USB to S/PDIF) w/Li-ion battery PS

DAC: Yggdrasil Analog 2

a) Blank filters in Audirvana and JRiver

b) Dirac Live crashes- itself first and the apps (Audirvana and JRiver) follow

Macbook Pro mid-2014, MacOS v10.14.6, JRiver v24.x, Audirvana v3.5.25

39 minutes ago, michelangelo said:

After the update, the filters must be recreated, then they are also present in Audirvana.

Should you have to?  If I open DLP on it's own, there is nothing wrong - see pics.  Besides I created two of the filters yesterday with the new software.  This looks more like a failure of Dirac to put the correct screen where AV takes it from.  The one AV loads is just called "audio unit" and doesn't even look remotely like the correct screen even aside from the filter section.

Screenshot 2019-11-14 at 15.11.56.png

Screenshot 2019-11-14 at 15.12.24.png

Mac Mini/Audirvana with Dirac Live -Stello U3 - Weiss DAC202 - Lavardin IT-15 - ART Emotion Sigs.  Beyerdynamic T5p (2nd Gen) & Sennheiser IE800s.

3 hours ago, shinyc said:

Now, DiracLive crashes after a pause of 10s of seconds while trying to connect to DAP. More listening to my turntable for now.

I managed to have it work. Music must be playing before DL's connecting to DAP (I think something similar is mentioned in the setup instruction) Now I can create filters. Still two things bug me.

1. Attenuation setting does not always survive.
  2. When on/off switch for each filter is clicked, DAP and its host freezes. 

Music Source: NAS[Synology], Qobuz, Tidal

Music Player: Roonserver[Mac mini]

Control PC: squeeze2upnp, fb2k, dirac, Jplay Femto, Fidelizer, AO(4D), WS2019 GUI, Mac mini w/HDPlex 200W

Audio PC: Jplay Femto(KS/1000hz), Fidelizer, AO(4D), WS2019 core, i7 w/HDPlex 200W

DDC: Iso Regen w/LPS1.2, Acousence afi+USB (USB to S/PDIF) w/Li-ion battery PS

DAC: Yggdrasil Analog 2

32 minutes ago, shinyc said:

I managed to have it work. Music must be playing before DL's connecting to DAP (I think something similar is mentioned in the setup instruction) Now I can create filters. Still two things bug me.

1. Attenuation setting does not always survive.
  2. When on/off switch for each filter is clicked, DAP and its host freezes. 

It freezes for me too. 

Hmmh,

similar problems here. Installer says „sucessfully installed“, but the version is still the old one. If I remove 0.9.24 before installation, nothing is visible in applications folder. Audirvana comes up with the blank screen described previously. Any hints?

Mac mini (Mojave, Audirvana/Amarra/Roon) -> Dirac -> Audioquest Carbon USB -> devialet 200 -> MIT Shotgun MA -> Verity Audio Leonore

The new installer only installs the VST and other modules in /Library/Audio. However, the filters are stored in a different place than the previous versions.

Here's how to make it work:

- launch Audirvana, play any song and you obtain the empty plugin window

- launch Dirac Live 2.3

- load a previous project

- create the filter again in the last step and store it in a slot of the new plugin

- stop playback in Audirvana and restart playback, the plugin will reload and show the new filter

- activate the new filter

- enjoy

😀

Mac mini (Mojave, Audirvana/Amarra/Roon) -> Dirac -> Audioquest Carbon USB -> devialet 200 -> MIT Shotgun MA -> Verity Audio Leonore

Thanks GE that's helpful, unfortunately on trying to load a previous project (even one created yesterday using this release) I get an error "The file <project name.liveproject> could not be loaded.  This is usually caused by lacking write priviledges or by file system errors."

So I can't create a new filter.  It's really frustrating, all this worked fine until recently.  Is there a way I can get AV to pick up the old screen with filters?  It still opens to that screen if I open DiracLiveProcessor alone.  So it must be there somewhere.

Mac Mini/Audirvana with Dirac Live -Stello U3 - Weiss DAC202 - Lavardin IT-15 - ART Emotion Sigs.  Beyerdynamic T5p (2nd Gen) & Sennheiser IE800s.

I only get stereo sound with the 0.9.35 beta DLP. Switching back to 0.9.24 alpha DLP gives me 5.1 surround sound again.

Anyone else noticed it?

Created a ticket to the helpdesk for it.

3 hours ago, SteveS1 said:

Thanks GE that's helpful, unfortunately on trying to load a previous project (even one created yesterday using this release) I get an error "The file <project name.liveproject> could not be loaded.  This is usually caused by lacking write priviledges or by file system errors."

So I can't create a new filter.  It's really frustrating, all this worked fine until recently.  Is there a way I can get AV to pick up the old screen with filters?  It still opens to that screen if I open DiracLiveProcessor alone.  So it must be there somewhere.

I've resolved enough to get the two filters loaded.  I painfully located everything I could find to do with Dirac - deleted everything bar the prevous projects and re-installed the latest Processor and Live versions.  This enabled me to load the two most recent projects and re-create a filter for each.  I can't however, reload older projects which is annoying, because one of those was a reference for me.  I will wait before I try to use a microphone again as I was having trouble getting the calibration file loaded.

5 hours ago, GoldenEar said:

The new installer only installs the VST and other modules in /Library/Audio. However, the filters are stored in a different place than the previous versions.

Here's how to make it work:

- launch Audirvana, play any song and you obtain the empty plugin window

- launch Dirac Live 2.3

- load a previous project

- create the filter again in the last step and store it in a slot of the new plugin

- stop playback in Audirvana and restart playback, the plugin will reload and show the new filter

- activate the new filter

- enjoy

😀

I did follow the same process yesterday and created new filters based on old project measurements. Now I can see the plugin slots in Audirvana but I cannot pick and activate any of them.

This is now beyond beta testing and I've stopped until these issues are resolved.

macuniverse, you just have to press play, then the plugin window appears and you can select your filter. Don't give up, the sound is really good.

I have finally got all things working that I need, but it was a bit of a faff and it leaves me questioning a couple of things.  Thanks to GE for putting me on the right track but this is what I found, some of which GE covered.

Before installing the latest Betas I recommend deleting all previous versions of Dirac Live and DLProcessor - this is painful if you have been through a few versions because they have managed to dot all kinds of places with Dirac related files, some of which are not obviously related.

Dirac Live now accepts the XTZ mic calibration file.  While creating filters I have had to play music through Audirvana at the same time for reasons I don't really understand.  You measure in the same way as before and each sweep interrupts the music.  The fliter creation and export works and so does saving the projects.

I can't comment on SQ directly - it's sounds great - but I have lost the ability to compare with previous filters because this version of Dirac Live App will not allow me to load projects made with even the most recent previous version.  The error you get is something along the lines of the measurement session not being recognised.  It would be very useful if there was a way to allow the previous measurement projects to load.  It's not as if they were made with different devices or software.

So to summerise, I now have to play music through Audirvana with Audio Units containing the DLP option to bring up the DLP screen and get sound through Dirac Live measuring app (to set mic volume and take the measurements).  Projects made with any beta edition of DL will not load in this one.  Hope this helps anyone else.

I was able to install and run measurements with the latest version of DL and DLP using a Umik after initial problems where DL could not find my devices. I then got an option of two devices – DLP and DLP 1352…  I used DLP to do the measurements and they seemed to work fine.

I then saved the project and my filters and they show up in DLP.

I cannot get the filters to load in JRiver Media Centre 25 (same version I have been running this year and it worked with previous verions of Dirac).  The DLP box shows as empty and does not show my filters.  I also get different versions of DLP with 1352, 9368 etc.  When I check the Dirac box in JRiver DSP Studio, I get no audio output from JRiver.

I have removed and reinstalled the diracliveprocessor.dll plugin a few times without success.  I am using the version in C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST2 and it is dated 4 Nov 2019 thus assume it was installed with the new installation.  I cannot find any files in VST3.  I am running Win 10 64 bit.

Basically my problem seems to be that JRiver is not loading the DLP and its filters.  I have attached a few pics

aIMG_20191116_171350.jpg

aIMG_20191116_171910.jpg

aIMG_20191116_171016.jpg

aIMG_20191116_171049.jpg

On 11/16/2019 at 5:20 PM, JMR said:

I was able to install and run measurements with the latest version of DL and DLP using a Umik after initial problems where DL could not find my devices. I then got an option of two devices – DLP and DLP 1352…  I used DLP to do the measurements and they seemed to work fine.

I then saved the project and my filters and they show up in DLP.

I cannot get the filters to load in JRiver Media Centre 25 (same version I have been running this year and it worked with previous verions of Dirac).  The DLP box shows as empty and does not show my filters.  I also get different versions of DLP with 1352, 9368 etc.  When I check the Dirac box in JRiver DSP Studio, I get no audio output from JRiver.

I have removed and reinstalled the diracliveprocessor.dll plugin a few times without success.  I am using the version in C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST2 and it is dated 4 Nov 2019 thus assume it was installed with the new installation.  I cannot find any files in VST3.  I am running Win 10 64 bit.

Basically my problem seems to be that JRiver is not loading the DLP and its filters.  I have attached a few pics

aIMG_20191116_171350.jpg

aIMG_20191116_171910.jpg

aIMG_20191116_171016.jpg

aIMG_20191116_171049.jpg

Hello,

you are seeing two instances of the DLP, I think that the first one is the previous version... if so please uninstall it.
No audio output when you check the Dirac box in JRiver DSP Studio is expected behaviour,
when you'll launch Dirac Live and you'll start a measurement the audio stream is replaced by the sweep of the test signal.
Please try starting from scratch, first play an audio track wih JRiver then launch Dirac Live, you should see one instance of the DLP so select it.
Now take measurements and create a new filter.
Being these betas some changes have been applied so that unfortunately you'll not be able to use filters created with previous versions.
Also switching the filter off in DLP will crash JRiver... this is a known bug, currently it can only be disabled in JRiver itself.

Warning: My posts may be biased even if in good faith, I work for Dirac Research :-)

Hello,

it will help us in troubleshooting the beta if you'll send your bug reports, comments and findings to http://helpdesk.dirac.se instead of here... thanks for your cooperation :)

Flavio

Warning: My posts may be biased even if in good faith, I work for Dirac Research :-)

Hi Flak, I have still not been able to log in and give my feedback on the latest beta, won’t accept txt calibration file, can’t see filter in vat plugin but the audio bars are operating and various other problems.

39FA9167-4BC2-4107-B836-4FC9AA4EEED8.jpeg

4A5C0D96-9C42-4CDA-8C52-633EB385F1FA.jpeg

Hi gazza49,

no log in is necessary for contacting us at http://helpdesk.dirac.se, one only has to enter his email and message.

Please kindly write us at the above URL, we'll also be able to send you the latest updates... we now have builds 0.9.36 :)

Thanks for your time, Flavio

3 hours ago, michael123 said:

@flakFlavio, could you please post release notes somewhere? As a beta tester, that's quite common..

In addition - has pricing been determined?

While I have yet to install the latest Beta, I am fairly certain I understand the pros and cons of using the processor.  I am at point in time where pricing is important to my evaluation process.

Thanks

On 11/23/2019 at 9:41 AM, gazza49 said:

Hi Flack, when I follow your link it goes to a login page, no way for me to leave a message at all. 

ThanksGary

Hi,

if you find a page that requires login that is browser related and should be fixed on our side, in the meantime you can use a browser like Firefox for Windows or Mac

On 11/23/2019 at 9:41 AM, gazza49 said:

Hi Flack, when I follow your link it goes to a login page, no way for me to leave a message at all. 

ThanksGary

Where is the problem? If you do not already have an account, create an account and access the Help and Support pages.
You can also see what questions they have asked and what answers they have received.

♦ iTunes ♦ Audirvana 3.5 ♦ Dirac Live ♦ Dynaudio Connect ♦ Dynaudio Focus 200 XD ♦ Dynaudio Focus 600 XD ♦