IGNORED

New second generation Dirac Live

13 hours ago, TommyCat said:

Well, this explains why if you click on “audio settings” when the processor is first opened, and then selecting a higher sample rate (I.e 96khz) you cannot open your project (s). You get an error message.  Also, I am not sure we can go back to V1 b/c mine, all of a sudden, became disabled because “no longer supported”.  Thanks to Flavio, I found out about version 2.  Hopefully this can all be resolved in fairly short order.  Flavio, thank you very much for highlighting the 48 kHz ‘only” issue.  Explains a lot and now don’t feel like I am going nuts!

Hi TommyCat,

while waiting if you want to keep using the beta plugins for the 1.x version send me a PM with your email.

Warning: My posts may be biased even if in good faith, I work for Dirac Research :-)

3 hours ago, flak said:

Hi TommyCat,

while waiting if you want to keep using the beta plugins for the 1.x version send me a PM with your email.

I think I can live with this as long as we are not talking “months” before fixed. Will have everything knocked down to 48khz for the time being. Also, I think my trial for version 2 is going to expire soon. Will it actually expire or can this be ignored?

15 hours ago, TommyCat said:

I think I can live with this as long as we are not talking “months” before fixed. Will have everything knocked down to 48khz for the time being. Also, I think my trial for version 2 is going to expire soon. Will it actually expire or can this be ignored?

It is supposed to expire, if it does'nt we have a problem :)

That's the reason why I suggested to keep using the previous plugins by sending me a PM with your email..

Warning: My posts may be biased even if in good faith, I work for Dirac Research :-)

Successfully created both chair and sofa filters this morning and slightly prefer the sofa but both were an improvement on having created one from a previous project.  I’m very impressed by the stability and user interface using it with AV+ as a plug in.  Bravo.

Audirvana Plus/Dirac Live - Weiss 202 - Lavardin IT-15 - Art Emotion Signatures.  DragonFly Red - Sennheiser HD600s & IE800s.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sorry, I don't know... development for AVRs has been prioritized as we have Arcam, AudioControl, Lexicon and NAD for both PC and Mac in concurrent beta testing.

6 hours ago, flak said:

Sorry, I don't know... development for AVRs has been prioritized as we have Arcam, AudioControl, Lexicon and NAD for both PC and Mac in concurrent beta testing.

Thanks Flavio, I think will just hold off until completed. I am so anal about the measurement process I would like to avoid  a session just for 48khz and then have to redo later.  Thx for keeping us posted. Glad to hear other bugs/issues in V2 were addressed. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

KnockKnock this is pretty obvious: In your Dirac configuration Roon only sees DAP as the output device. Since DAP is not MQA-enabled it uses its internal decoder to convert to PCM and send it to DAP. Roon does not know that the stream will be passed on by DAP to the Meridian. In the second configuration it recognizes Meridian as an MQA-enabled device and passes native MQA to the Meridian decoder.

Mac mini (Mojave, Audirvana/Amarra/Roon) -> Dirac -> Audioquest Carbon USB -> devialet 200 -> MIT Shotgun MA -> Verity Audio Leonore

• 4 weeks later...

I need to reinstall Dirac Live 1.2 to another computer. I can not log on to Dirac and delete the original installation of the license. Can you please advise me what I'm doing wrong? www pages are new and I can not login with the original data. Dirac's response is zero!

On ‎11‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 11:54 PM, milva said:

I need to reinstall Dirac Live 1.2 to another computer. I can not log on to Dirac and delete the original installation of the license. Can you please advise me what I'm doing wrong? www pages are new and I can not login with the original data. Dirac's response is zero!

Strangely ,I too am facing the same problem! I can login via the Customer Portal but my credentials are not recognised on their new web page! Also,  I was given to understand that the upgrade would be free for existing owners of Dirac 1.2. Has this changed? I have contacted the helpdesk yesterday and hope to get a reply soon.

On 10/16/2018 at 3:11 PM, KnockKnock said:

Dear Flac.

Why does Dirac not pass on MQA? Look at my screenshots. My system is: Mac->Roon->Dirac->Meridian Explorer (only first MQA unfold is done), and Mac->Roon->Meridian Explorer (first and second MQA unfold done).

Why does Dirac not pass MQA on to the Meridian Explorer?

Dirac1.jpg

Dirac2.jpg

Hi Flavia

Any news on the Dirac Live and DAP for Mac?

On 10/16/2018 at 9:11 AM, KnockKnock said:

Dear Flac.

Why does Dirac not pass on MQA? Look at my screenshots. My system is: Mac->Roon->Dirac->Meridian Explorer (only first MQA unfold is done), and Mac->Roon->Meridian Explorer (first and second MQA unfold done).

Why does Dirac not pass MQA on to the Meridian Explorer?

Dirac1.jpg

Dirac2.jpg

the issue is that dirac does digital processing on the file (changing the content), so the mqa data is lost.

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100