IGNORED

New second generation Dirac Live

48 minutes ago, wgscott said:

That's excellent news.  Congratulations on the upcoming release.

Will the AU plug-in still work (or will a new one be distributed) by any chance?

Thanks, a new version of the Dirac plugins is expected as well, end of Q1... hopefully :)

Warning: My posts may be biased even if in good faith, I work for Dirac Research :-)

19 hours ago, flak said:

Second generation Dirac Live will be previewed at CES and will include improvements of both the algorithm itself and the user interface.

The current version of Dirac Live individually measures the phase of each stereo speaker while the new version also analyzes speakers in pairs.
This improved algorithm ensures that the pair’s phase responses are matched to each other and the upgrade will further enhance Dirac Live’s ability to improve staging and imaging.
The new UI and configuration will be multilingual and more user friendly thanks to a more guided process that confirms the correct actions are being taken and the optimal settings are being implemented.

This second generation paves the way to other additional features and modules that are expected starting Q3 2018 where Dirac will introduce, on a yearly basis, one new Dirac Live “module” that offers unique functionality and allows users to customize their Dirac Live platform based on specific usage requirements and market application – be it home theater, stereo, professional studio, and/or automotive.

This new version will be a free upgrade for users of the current version.
Here some (non final of course) preview images...

:) Flavio

Dirac_Live_1.thumb.png.8e14dbc656e0f70d317c45592d006390.pngDirac_Live_2.thumb.png.8b7787b92761c8d370fe3cc69a117eb3.pngDirac_Live_3.thumb.png.7422aea1387b6eeaf694db69da363248.pngDirac_Live_4.thumb.png.fb92d01100387593f9ed73013818f033.png

imageproxy.php?img=&key=d2060de9cb713f96imageproxy.php?img=&key=d2060de9cb713f96imageproxy.php?img=&key=d2060de9cb713f96imageproxy.php?img=&key=d2060de9cb713f96imageproxy.php?img=&key=d2060de9cb713f96

When is the expected release ?

23 hours ago, Tand said:

The same  for Amarra iRC customers?

That's for Sonic Studio to answer.

We have recently released an SDK (software developer kit) in order to support developers in embedding Dirac Live but it will require work nonetheless... it's their decison.

Warning: My posts may be biased even if in good faith, I work for Dirac Research :-)

On 13/12/2017 at 2:58 PM, flak said:

That's for Sonic Studio to answer.

We have recently released an SDK (software developer kit) in order to support developers in embedding Dirac Live but it will require work nonetheless... it's their decison.

Flak, does Dirac see their licensing as system-based, location-based, or a combination of both ?

Is there a place with a clear explanation of what the different OEM licenses allow you to do / not do, or is this also something that needs to be taken up with the individual licensees ?

(The reason I'm asking this is that one of your OEMs advertises a "Dirac Full" (as opposed to "Dirac Full for FancyBrand") with the added perk of the upgrade being "Two computer licences" - is this "Dirac Full for FancyBrand" or "Dirac RCS with an extra logo slapped on". This seems to be a different "Dirac Full for FancyBrand" advertised by another of your OEMs, where "use of different measurement microphones" is part of the difference between Dirac SE and Dirac Full, which in turn is different branding than yet another OEM, where the Dirac capability is simply presented as "Dirac Live", and there is no mention of transferability of the Dirac license, as opposed to another OEM where non-transferability is stated out front. In other terms, it's all a bit confusing from a potential customer's perspective)

Regarding Roon, how would you expect SDK integration to work with ROCK, which is linux-based if I'm not mistaken ?

Will the upgrade also apply to users of Dirac on MiniDSP platforms?

Such as the DDRC-22 series.

• HQPE 1.4/1.5 MHz 20 Bit PCM
  • Streaming Qobuz or playing files from external SSD
  • Surface Go 3 i3 Tablet with HQPlayer Client
  • ISP Cable Modem -> Ethernet -> Sonore opticalModule 
  • Sonore opticalModule  -> 20m Fiber -> Sonore opticalModule -> Ethernet -> Managed Switch
  • Managed Switch -> Ethernet -> Sonore opticalModule Deluxe -> 5m Fiber -> Sonore Sig Rendu SE Optical ( HQPlayer NAA )
  • Managed Switch -> Ethernet ->Small Green Computer sonicTransporter i9 Optical ( HQPlayer Embedded )
  • Sonore Sig Rendu SE Optical -> USB -> Holo Audio KTE May
  • Holo Audio KTE May -> XLR -> Goldpoint SA1X/47 -> XLR to Decware ZBIT -> RCA to Decware ZSTAGE25 -> RCA to Decware SE84UFO25 -> Avantgarde Duo Omega Horns with Townshend Audio Ribbon Super Tweeters
  • Decware SE84UFO25 -> Speaker Level to Jensen IsoMax Balanced Converter -> XLR Rives PARC -> XLR Avantgarde SUB225s
  • 2 weeks later...

Flavio...can I just clarify that the current release version of Dirac Live for Windows is still V 1.10?

This is the only version available to me when I log into my account, although ver 1.2 is available to Mac users.

Am I correct this is the same version of the software for at least the last 4 years?

if so, the new version will be a very welcome and long overdue upgrade.

thanks

Flak, is it the same for Emotiva XMC-1 Dirac...it's up to Emotiva whether to offer this and whether to charge more for this version?

Ryzen 7 2700 PC Server, NUC7CJYH w. 4G Apacer RAM as Renderer/LPS 1.2 - IsoRegen/LPS-1/.2 - Singxer SU-1/LPS1.2 - Holo Spring Level 3 DAC - LTA MicroZOTL MZ2 - Modwright KWA 150 Signature Amp - Tidal Audio Piano's.  

A big thank you for making the new version free to users of the current version :)

LOUNGE:- Qobuz Studio>TP-Link RE650 WI-FI Extender>AfterDark Ethernet Cable>EtherREGEN/Farad Super3 PSU/Furutech AC input/Level2 DC cable/SR Purple fuse>AfterDark Ethernet Cable(1/2 Metre)>Lumin U1 Mini Streamer/LEEDH volume/External PliXiR BDC Elite 12v/4amp PSU>Oyaide DB-510 bnc-bnc Digital cable>MHDT Orchid Dac>Townshend DCT300 Interconnects>Airtight AMT-1S Amp>Townshend Isolda EDCT Speaker Cables>Speakers Revival Atalante 3.

LIVING ROOM:-Qobuz Studio>Bluesound Node2i (streamer only)>Oyaide DB-510 bnc-bnc Digital Cable>iFi Retro 50 Dac-Amp>iFi LS3.5 Speakers.  Various tweaks in both systems - tubes, footers, grounding, Shakti devices, Nordost QK1, Furutech fuses, resonance generators.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/14/2018 at 5:56 AM, occamsrazor said:

Wasn’t there supposed to be a preview at CES? Is there any more info?

It's like this product no one has ever seen and it's existence is highly hypothetical:) There is no video from the floor about VR noir Dirac Live with the new GUI from the whole CES 2018?! No demos, no interviews....just long waiting in the dark.

15 minutes ago, Youreye said:

It's like this product no one has ever seen and it's existence is highly hypothetical:) There is no video from the floor about VR noir Dirac Live with the new GUI from the whole CES 2018?! No demos, no interviews....just long waiting in the dark.

Check HomeTheaterHiFi.

https://hometheaterhifi.com/features/show-reports-film-festivals-concerts/ces-2018-show-report-day-1/

However the interviewer had little knowledge of Dirac so he didn't even know there was a version 2 so did not ask the right questions