IGNORED

New second generation Dirac Live

• 1 month later...

KnockKnock this is pretty obvious: In your Dirac configuration Roon only sees DAP as the output device. Since DAP is not MQA-enabled it uses its internal decoder to convert to PCM and send it to DAP. Roon does not know that the stream will be passed on by DAP to the Meridian. In the second configuration it recognizes Meridian as an MQA-enabled device and passes native MQA to the Meridian decoder.

Mac mini (Mojave, Audirvana/Amarra/Roon) -> Dirac -> Audioquest Carbon USB -> devialet 200 -> MIT Shotgun MA -> Verity Audio Leonore

• 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Hmmh,

similar problems here. Installer says „sucessfully installed“, but the version is still the old one. If I remove 0.9.24 before installation, nothing is visible in applications folder. Audirvana comes up with the blank screen described previously. Any hints?

Mac mini (Mojave, Audirvana/Amarra/Roon) -> Dirac -> Audioquest Carbon USB -> devialet 200 -> MIT Shotgun MA -> Verity Audio Leonore

The new installer only installs the VST and other modules in /Library/Audio. However, the filters are stored in a different place than the previous versions.

Here's how to make it work:

- launch Audirvana, play any song and you obtain the empty plugin window

- launch Dirac Live 2.3

- load a previous project

- create the filter again in the last step and store it in a slot of the new plugin

- stop playback in Audirvana and restart playback, the plugin will reload and show the new filter

- activate the new filter

- enjoy

😀

macuniverse, you just have to press play, then the plugin window appears and you can select your filter. Don't give up, the sound is really good.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I am testing 0.9.35 and I am very satisfied. I am up-/downsampling everything to 96 kHz and it works flawlessly with Audirvana+. Sound quality is much better than with Roon -> Audio Hijack.

Hoping for the final release and 192 kHz. Will there be a standalone Version of the Processor for use with Roon?

Regards 

Kay

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

the new version is out now! It plays up to 192 kHz in my system and sounds great. However, I am unable to claim my license at the Dirac portal. It keeps saying unknown key. Any of you has been successful?

Regards Kay

13 hours ago, jiminlogansquare said:

Again, the problem was that before the OS upgrade, I was able to select Dirac Live 1.x as a Roon endpoint (where my 2011 Mac Mini was serving as the Roon core and also running Dirac Live application), but immediately after I switched to the new Mac Mini with updated Mac OS and tried to run the same programs in the same way, I was no longer able to do so - i.e., I could run Roon just fine, but I could no longer open Dirac Live and point to it in Roon as a Roon endpoint. Audio Hijack was a workaround suggested by Dirac that, as I noted above, worked but was not 100% satisfactory. 

In my system (Mac Mini late 2012 with Mojave) I still can use Dirac Processor 1.2 as an endpoint for Roon, so probably anything else was wrong in your setup. However, I can confirm that the solution with Audio Hijack/Roon/Dirac Live Processor (new version 1.0) sounds worse than Audirvana with the same processor. With Dirac Live 1.2 it was the other way round.

Regards

Kay

• 1 month later...
On 12/23/2019 at 10:24 AM, shinyc said:

image.png.d4147f8a8957d3986460e5599403ce10.png

Turning off the delay compensation setting fixed the issue.

Hi all,

may I come back to this issue. I also have the impression that my first 2.3 curve resulted in a slight shift to the left. I read this recommendation and turned off the two checkboxes, which resulted in a centered soundstage, but the tonal quality is worse than with checked boxes.

During measurements I played music with JRiver and the Dirac Processor was ON. My question is: Does Dirac LIve use the processor during calibration or does it bypass the processor? Do I have to uncheck the two boxes in JRiver during calibration in order to obtain a centered soundstage?