IGNORED

New second generation Dirac Live

Hi Flavio,

i have installed Dirac on a Mac.

Audirvana finds the VST Plugin.

When i click on Measure then Dirac Live crashes.

Same when i try to use the Standalone Version from Dirac Live Processor and click on "Measure".

Dirac 2018-07-08 um 12.32.35.jpg

Dirac.jpg

I have send a Request to Dirac HelpDesk with

DiracLiveProcessorTestMacOS.xlsx, Screenshot and Crash Report.

♦ iTunes ♦ Audirvana 3.5 ♦ Dirac Live ♦ Dynaudio Connect ♦ Dynaudio Focus 200 XD ♦ Allo Digione Signatur Player ♦ Dynaudio Focus 600 XD ♦

Hi,

the Plugin is not in the User account but in the Library of MacOS.

I can not a measure because DiracLive crashes before the measurement starts.

Bildschirmfoto 2018-07-08 um 13.23.49.jpg

♦ iTunes ♦ Audirvana 3.5 ♦ Dirac Live ♦ Dynaudio Connect ♦ Dynaudio Focus 200 XD ♦ Allo Digione Signatur Player ♦ Dynaudio Focus 600 XD ♦

On 7/9/2018 at 11:43 AM, flak said:

I have to inform that we now have as many beta testers as our developers can follow so no new ones are added at the moment,

it's possible that we will be able to add more in the future though, if so I'll announce it here.

Thanks for your understanding, Flavio

I think at the moment is not possible.

Same here.

on a iMac with Dynaudio Connect and UMIC-1.

I have installed Dirac Live and the Dirac Live Processor again. Before that I uninstalled everything and deleted all files I have found (User/Library, /Library).
But the problem is still the same- Dirac Live crashes when I click "Measure" within the Dirac Live processor.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I have the same problem.
The error did not occur in the previous version of the DiracLiveProcessor.

I have also tested it with several mono recordings and the sound is shifted to the left.

Especially there he should come exactly from the middle.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Also with Audirvana.
However, I can not save more than two filter curves.
After creating a third filter and reopening the DiracLiveProcessor all filters will be deleted.

@Montanari : maybe that helps you: https://audiophilestyle.com/forums/topic/37813-new-second-generation-dirac-live/?do=findComment&comment=844161

• 2 months later...

Hello Flac,
Thank you very much for the good news.
Should I send a new request or is this also possible with the old request number?

• 1 month later...
On 6/21/2019 at 2:43 PM, flak said:

Users of standalone Dirac Live have been patiently waiting for a long time and I want to thank them.

I think it was worth it as I'm pleased to inform that the soon to be released testing version will be not only multichannel if desired but will also include the possibility of using a multichannel audiocard/DAC for advanced management of multiple subs of a stereo set-up with players like for example JRiver:

https://www.dirac.com/dirac-live-bass-management-beta-signup

:) Flavio

P.S. It's now expected within the end of this month but because of the above it might take one or two weeks longer (we also have to write instructions) 

Hi flac,
any news for the new Beta?

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/16/2019 at 8:46 PM, DSD256 said:

New beta has arrived...thanks...but:

on my macbook an old problem suddenly is up again. Dirac processor does not recognize the macbook mic input.

this essential for starting diraclive...in the end no measurements was possible, cause no input was found. With an external soundcard like the Audient id14 I have had no input either.

I haven't tested the input via the Audient id14 with the current beta yet, but I assume that it doesn't work like the macbook mic-input. i'm back to the previous processor beta...now i have mic input again. 

I have the same problem.☹️

@DSD256:

after uninstalling Dirac Live (2.2.3) and the Dirac Live Processor 0.9.23, I deleted all Dirac folders and files.

~/Dirac

~/Library/Application Support/Dirac

~/Library/Application Support/DiracLive

~/Library/Preferences/com.dirac.live.DiracLive.plist

~/Library/Preferences/com.dirac.live.plist

~/Music/Audio Music Apps/Dirac

/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/DiracLiveProcessor.vst

/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/DiracLiveProcessor.vst3

/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/DiracLiveProcessor.component

/Applications/Dirac

then restarted the computer.

I installed DiracLiveProcessor-0.9.23 first and then DiracLive (2.2.3).

Now the microphone was detected and I was able to measure.

If you use macos Mojave, the microphone may need to be released in the security and privacy settings.

Bildschirmfoto 2019-07-23 um 21.12.58.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello flak,
even with the latest version I still have this problem (I sent the crash report to Dirac via HelpDesk.) :

On 8/23/2019 at 9:01 AM, michelangelo said:

Hi damien78,

i use Audirvana in iTunes integrated mode with Audio Units (DiracLive). When "Real-time control (not for DSD playback)" is selected, Audirvana crashes when the Samplingrate changes.

On 8/23/2019 at 9:39 AM, damien78 said:

This is an issue in the current Dirac Live plugin that crashes (and thus causes its host application to crash) when changing sample rate.

Don't hesitate to report this crash (with the crash report that shows the function that crashes in the Dirac plugin) to Dirac. The more reports they'll get, the faster they'll fix this.

• 1 month later...