IGNORED

New second generation Dirac Live

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Very pleased to see the updates on your progress Tommy. I've had to pause my involvement with the beta as it is of no use to me unless system wide like the older version was. Not really interested in faffing around with virtual cable as suggested by Dirac. Really keen to install it again when the beta is more mature and has the expected functionality. In the meantime I look forward very much to reading about your and other people's experience with it.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Sorry if this is a naive question. Is it possible to get the Calibration tool 2 and use it with the old live processor? I have no interest in a plugin, I want Windows wide room correction not just for one device or media player. Thanks.
ps. Happy anniversay on the original post :)

• 6 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Finally decided to go ahead and install v2 after holding off until hopefully it was a usuable product. It's been a long, long wait. If there is anyone else here who is still holding out, I have good news. I had a couple of minor issues, quickly sorted, but now my Windows 10/JRiver 26/Dirac is running smooth as butter and sounding better than ever.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Sorry for not being clear. After creating the filter ( in Dirac 3) and installing it in JRiver's DSP engine, Dirac does it's thing with 44.1 48 etc etc, but JRiver remains silent when I try to play an 88khz file. As a workaround I set the output of those files to 48khz so that they will play. I had hoped that Flac, or someone else could explain why.