IGNORED

New second generation Dirac Live

On 1/14/2018 at 5:56 AM, occamsrazor said:

Wasn’t there supposed to be a preview at CES? Is there any more info?

It's like this product no one has ever seen and it's existence is highly hypothetical:) There is no video from the floor about VR noir Dirac Live with the new GUI from the whole CES 2018?! No demos, no interviews....just long waiting in the dark.

Hi Flavio, this you can hardly call an overview of the new features or the tablet app and functionality etc. I see so many AV products these days with nice reviews an short clips that can show and promote the product in so many ways. Even Trinov got up to speed on this. 

Dirac is maybe depending on the brands like Arcam and NAD to penetrate into the masses minds as the premium room correction solution but I personally think that there should be much more done in this department to promote and show of the product. 

Nevertheless I am a big fan and can’t wait to take the new version for a spin on my system. 

Btw. Sennheisser has some nice binaural consumer recording in ears and it crossed my mind if it would be possible to use two mics (L and R ear) in order to acquire the main listening possition instead of the single point that sits in the middle of the head and is mono. Could this benefit in any way with the tesult or is this compensated already in the single measurement? I guess you folks may use this technique already in the car when tuning the sound since the space is really tight there. 

Nice Day!

Juraj(Youreye)

• 11 months later...
17 hours ago, Kal Rubinson said:

I was invited to a private meeting with Dirac at CES but, since I no longer go to CES, that never happened.  In my defense of our intrepid reporter, there are many rooms I ignore at shows because they are outside my range of interest and he has to make the same type of choice.

Hi Kal! Sorry if this sounded like I would blame you or this community etc. I am just wondering how very little we know about this exciting new features and really no one is reporting on this. Maybe we will see again some interviews later but I would rather see something short  where they show the features, talk about the system the choices etc. Arcam has just (a week ago) released some step by step guidance about the Dirac setup how to.