IGNORED

Holo audio Cyan DAC+Headamp Impressions thread

• 3 months later...

I am testing a new firmware for the Cyan at this time, and will update info in a bit. And we are accepting orders for the PCM Cyan Again! BTW.

On an off note, i've not tested it before but recently have been using the susvara's with the Cyan headamp and it's excellent.  I was not sure how demanding these headphones would be, but they are around 85/100 steps on the cyan for loud volumes, and 90/100 for extremely loud.  My iFi Pro iCan drives them around same volume levels at about 12 o clock and 1 o clock on 18+gain 

Just an interesting note for those who wonder how capable the Cyan Headamp (PCM) is capable of.  I'm using them on HP LO btw.

on a side note, we are seriously considering building a Headamp that is quite powerful for a newer product in the future. able to drive anything with ease and do it extremely well. 

Tim Connor

KitsuneHifi.com / HoloAudio USA

There is a new firmware v21.02 for the Cyan (previous v20.16 is previous firmware) on our website and recommended to update. Also after careful testing... this new firmware is best paired with our v4.11.0 Driver which is also on our website. Mind you this is for windows 7/8/10 users. 

Recommended Windows Asio Driver is v4.11.0 Win7/8/10 and with newest firmware v21.02 (3/31/2018)

Please take note: remove all/any USB decrappers and/or ISO devices of any kind. ONLY have USB cable from PC to Dac for the firmware update process. Many devices are known to cause firmware update errors.  there is a DFU program that needs all files to be dumped into the C://programfiles/holoaudio/usb audio device driver/w10_64/ 

and the last folder may vary depending on what version of windows you run. but the DFU files must be in there. open the program and choose the proper firmware bin file to begin update process. 

*this update is focused on improving USB module connectivity and reliability

*fixes a bug where dac loses usb connection when sharing same USB hub with other devices such as USB Hard drive.

*the firmware is designed to work with the v4.11.0 driver.

If you are experiencing any of the known issues with USB connectivity problems, this will fix the issue. We will be issuing a newer driver than the most current v4.35.0 at a later date. But we still recommend v4.11.0 until that time. 

Please let me know if anyone has any questions. Thank you to everyone who chooses KitsuneHiFi / HoloAudio :D 

Tim Connor

KitsuneHifi.com / HoloAudio USA

• 1 month later...