IGNORED

Bit Perfect, Sound Cards, and Windows 7...

If I were to deliberately twist your words, I assure you I would do a much better job than what you incorrectly seem to perceive is happening here.

On the other hand, getting huffy because someone does not necessarily agree with what you believe to be a universal truth is - well - silly.

More so when you start slinging around terms like "fanboy," which to me at least sounds vaguely insulting. You probably did not mean it that way, and I have fairly thick skin, but still.

You obviously have an above average sound system, and you have above average abilities with personal computers. You probably have a lot to share, and I woud like to get past whatever you are grumping about to hear that stuff.

But please realize other people here have a ton of experience too, although perhaps in different area.

Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat DAC.

Robert A. Heinlein

• 7 months later...

Perhaps time to get back to the content...Eloise and others have mentionned the more direct way to connect a computer and DAC. I was under the impression that AES-EBU was preferred (I've got a Bryston BDA-1 and was thinking about getting a Lynx AES card to take advantage of the AES connection). It sounds like others are leaning towards Firewire or ASnyc USBs. Can someone let me know what the advantages or tradefoffs of these are over AES?

Cheers

dbdog