IGNORED

Amarra 4.1 & High Sierra

cosmuk

Recently updated the Mac OS to High Sierra and noticed a low frequency improvement.

After uninstalling the previous Amarra library, I installed  4.1, then rebooted the OS.
Because I have a large library, I let it acquire the metadata overnight and in the morning quit Amarra, to finalize the library.

After work I had time to audition and sampled a few tracks then, optimized with
    •   IRC (1.2.4)
    •    Interfaced with an Opera Browser (major sonic improvement)
    •    Selected Exclusive mode.
To finalize these settings, I rebooted after each. (computers love this)
The result is nothing short of stunning. 
¯\_(ツ)_/¯  ॐ

5 hours ago, hiind said:

Did a fresh install of 4.1 and now am unable to import my library! The import starts and after about 1% the program promptly crashes thus rendering the software essentially unusable.I am importing from an external HDD which has been formatted to AFS. It is a fairly large library ( over 3 TB) but it was working well previously.I have tried both methods of import (from iTunes and directly) and neither works, Importing files individually works but that is not acceptable to me.Have now reverted back to Audirvana which works flawlessly.

Sounds like you may have some prefs left over from a previous install.

I'd run the scripts to clear the previous library & uninstall A4 to insure a clean install first.

2 hours ago, foodfiend said:

Welcome to the club! I have always suffered problems with importing my entire music library (>100k songs) at one go, ever since I moved to Amarra 4 and the Luxe version. My music library also sits on an external HDD (via Thunderbolt 2) and is in AIFF format. I have resorted to building the library by importing music a few artistes at a time. Not really sure what causes Amarra to crash when importing music, but it seems to be linked to the number of songs it imports at once (but not exactly, since sometimes I have trouble importing just a single album). Would really like to understand what to avoid.

I have a large library too, so I had to make sure nothing went into sleep mode. 

This could be your OS, server, external disks or hard disks.

If you think, you may have a corrupted file, you can look at your AmarraScanFiles.txt and see the very last entry A4 was able to import, before it stopped. Then move that file to a temp location outside of the library.

50 minutes ago, foodfiend said:

I don't think it has to do with file corruption, since these albums load into the library, if I add them individually.

Good!

I had a corrupted file, in an archive of files that I added to A4, because iTunes doesn't play various formats. 

This helped me find the corrupted file, so I thought I'd pass it on.

2 hours ago, indirstr8s said:

Can I use the old measurements in the new measure app and re-generate the filters. Will these filters work in the A4L4.1 ?

Not if they're older than 1.0.4 IRC release.

I found the 1.2.4 does a much better measurement and analysis than previous releases.

If you can, use a calibration file for your mic.

On 11/23/2017 at 8:26 AM, hiind said:

I’m having problems with track listing on importing albums.On classical files (where it is more significant) Amarra lists the tracks using it’s own strange methodology! I thus get tracks where movements are imported willy-nilly! Obviously,classical music cannot be played in this fashion.Any solution to this problem?

A4LX uses an online metadata base that sources standard ID3 tagging.  

The best solution, I found, was to use Kid3.

This actually appends the metadata to the file, so it's always there, for whatever player you use and provide's allot more metadata too.

It's open source, so it takes a little getting used too.

Classical's metadata has always been incredibly skewed and this is the best way I've found to correct it.

I do hope this helps.