IGNORED

Best (sane) choice to power micro/ultraRendu?

ask @vortecjr to look for a second hand Sonore Signature PS, should be able to get one for 1K one day...I compared this with mR 1.3 and uR against Sbooster, Ifi iPower, LPS-1 and Sonore Signature Rendu SE. Only the SE bettered the Signature PS. the rest was blown far away.

So try to get a Sonore Signature PS or save up for a SE would be my advise

Pink Faun Streamer —>  Pink Faun DAC --> Ayre AX5 --> Paradigm S8 

5 hours ago, Speed Racer said:

I just found out about this power supply:

https://www.smallgreencomputer.com/collections/custom-units/products/200w-linear-power-supply?variant=22466785860

The unit can power multiple devices and is very low noise. Using the variable plug set to 7VDC would have 2mV of ripple noise.

that is HD plex which the OP and I both have. I never used it on a mR or uR tough...and it can actually power 5 devices simultaneously, there is also the 5v usb-c output

the 100 watt v3 version is doing a fine job in my system powering a switch, a ssd, jcat femto usb and jcat netcard.  

12 hours ago, Solstice380 said:

I believe that SE PS has been discontinued.  I think that's why @m3lraaHnevetS recommended trying to locate a used one.

the PS in the SE is an upgraded version of the discontinued Signature PS (SPS) so if you want the ultimate SQ from your mR or uR a used SPS is the way to go .

If you want the ultimate SQ from a Sonore renderer get the SE. imho and experience