IGNORED

Will the latest microrendus link to the Audirvana+ iPad app?

rapp

Hi all

i currently use audirvana and am happy with it. I’m aware that the microrendu is recognized by the Roon app (and vice versa) — but will the microrendu work the same with the Audirvana+ app? If so, do I just activate the microrendu and expect the Audirvana+ app to find it and lock on to it?

apologies for my obvious ignorance!

thanks

s

It does already! Set the microRendu to DLNA, and you will find it in the list of output devices in Audirvana. 

I would expect you need the latest microRendu software and you do need Audirvana 3.1 or above IIRC.

NUC10i7 + Roon ROCK > dCS Rossini APEX DAC + dCS Rossini Master Clock 

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

Audio Note Kondo Ongaku > Avantgarde Duo Mezzo

Signal cables: Kondo Silver, Crystal Cable phono

Power cables: Kondo, Shunyata, van den Hul

system pics

@rapp I am running Audirvana 3.1 to mR with Firmware 1.3 and SonicOrbiter OS 2.5 ... works fine. I also recall Sonore mentioning that OS 2.3 will also support Audirvana, altho I haven't tried that.

The firmware upgrade to 1.4 (if you need it) requires the unit to be sent back ... the OS 2.5 is on a SD card that must be ordered from Sonore (or other dealer). Subsequent updates to the OS are done via the mR GUI.

Main System: NAS or QOBUZ > BlueSound Node 2i > Schiit Gungnir MultiBit > PYST XLR > Schiit Mjolnir 2 or Gilmore Lite MK2

Office System: iMac > Audirvana > Schiit EITR + Audiophonics LPS25 > Metrum FLINT NOS DAC (DAC TWO chips) > Schiit Magni 3+ > Aeon Flow Open

Loudspeaker System: NAIM Muso Gen 2

On 11/11/2017 at 3:16 PM, rapp said:

Thanks very much, Miguelito. Is this true of only the latest firmware version of the Microrendu, or all versions? If just the latest, is it possible to upgrade via the web? 

I believe this works only on v2.5 (the latest core version). I don't think it works in v2.3 (previous version) but I don't know for sure. If you're on v2.3, update to the latest apps and give it a try.

To the previous poster: v1.3 is the hardware version, not firmware. There is no functionality difference between v1.3 and v1.4 of the hardware board as far as I know.

You cannot upgrade to v2.5 over the web if you're on a previous version, you need to get a new microSD card from Sonore. You can obviously update the software over the web if you're already on v2.5.

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

system pics

6 hours ago, Narcissus said:

@miguelito WOW :o 

What did I say?

system pics

1 hour ago, Narcissus said:

Your System, it's awesome, looks super and I'm sure it plays likewise. What brand are those shelves?

Ah, ok. Thank you. Shelves are Solidtech's "Rack of Silence" (http://www.solid-tech.net/). The vertical posts are actually filled with sand (in sealed bags, my doing).

system pics

1 hour ago, EuroChamp said:

I miss the Symposiums under the electronics ... ;)

I have custom Symposium Super Plus's under the speakers - Amazing actually.

system pics