IGNORED

Stereo Digital Processor?

I’m enthusiastic about the emergence of active speakers with digital inputs  as a small form factor (low box count) solution for shared rooms. Some of these speakers have their own “controllers” (e.g., Kii Three / Controller) but there does appear to be a lack of digital pre-amp / processor options. I’m thinking here of a remote controlled unit that a) allows switching between multiple digital inputs, b) outputs a digital signal in different formats (AES, Coax, Toslink ) and c) transparent digital volume control. Pro-audio interfaces offer some or all of these functions but I’ve not found any that are remote controlled. Has anyone found such a tool designed for the consumer market?

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 6:45 AM, aps said:

I’m enthusiastic about the emergence of active speakers with digital inputs  as a small form factor (low box count) solution for shared rooms. Some of these speakers have their own “controllers” (e.g., Kii Three / Controller) but there does appear to be a lack of digital pre-amp / processor options. I’m thinking here of a remote controlled unit that a) allows switching between multiple digital inputs, b) outputs a digital signal in different formats (AES, Coax, Toslink ) and c) transparent digital volume control. Pro-audio interfaces offer some or all of these functions but I’ve not found any that are remote controlled. Has anyone found such a tool designed for the consumer market?

Wrong forum? Or no options?

On 10/11/2017 at 10:45 PM, aps said:

You may have to go a little out of the box for solutions.

For instance, the Oppo blu ray players could be an answer.

Or even something like the Mark Levinson no. 519

DIGITAL INPUTS

1 balanced (XLR); 2 coaxial (RCA); 2 optical (Toslink); 1 USB-B asynchronous

DIGITAL OUTPUTS

1 balanced (XLR); 1 single-ended (RCA), 1 optical (Toslink)