IGNORED

Limiting factor in audio streaming

I am trying to understand what will be the limiting factor in streaming audio wirelessly in my house. I am planning to connect a Western Digital NAS to my Linksys router via Ethernet. I will probably go with Bose or Sonos speakers. I plan to use flac files.

For example:

Will the router choke on the additional bandwidth usage?

Will a new router make a difference?

Should I use a USB connection rather than Ethernet to the router?

We have acceptable wifi at this point. With 2 people using wifi simultaneously, for routine internet surfing, things are fine.

Have I provided enough information to answer this question?

JT

I've used Sonos for many years streaming files from a NAS. Since Sonos is limited to 16/44, any modern network won't even flinch - piece of cake.

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100
13 hours ago, TesarPa said:

It's not always that easy. I had dropouts listening to internet radio (192 kbps) in bedroom, due to weak wi-fi signal. I solved that by powerline adapters with wi-fi AP. Mine is Devolo, but similar products are offered by many vendors (TP-Link etc.).

that wasn't a sonos issue or a networking device issue, right?  sounds like that was a limitation of the configuration of your home and/or the materials it was built with (brick walls, metal framing, etc.)

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100