IGNORED

IS EVERYTHING DEBATABLE, REALLY?

3 minutes ago, Audiophile Neuroscience said:

Okay so degrees are often irrelevant and so are CV's from retired people that are speaking from experience.

So what is relevant?

Here's the deal. You somehow think that your education and experience make you more of an authority than other people here. That your opinion carries more weight. I suspect that most people don't give a rat's ass about that. You may have a some information here and there from your education and work experience that is useful. But, for the most part, this hobby we have is dominated by information learned through experience with the hobby itself.  

2 minutes ago, sandyk said:

In that case then , you are no more qualified to disparage posts about Audio by other members , regarding hardware improvements, power supplies ,  Regens etc. than  Ralf 11 is !!!

It doesn't seem to stop you though !

Qualified? I am qualified to anything I damn well please.

Just now, Speed Racer said:

Qualified? I am qualified to anything I damn well please.

Hit a raw nerve , eh ?

Now right on Cue, poor little Ralfi who dislikes forthright Aussies , comes to your aid ?

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

1 hour ago, sandyk said:

The day when I need advice from you of all people, who demands proof of everything that other members say, and ignores all results including those of DBTs,  and calls them purely anecdotal, will be the day that I give up on DIY electronics, and making ...blah blah

well then today is the day - you need a statistically valid sample to draw any real conclusions

I have explained that before but you seem less educable than an 18 yr old freshman student

for others if not for you:  the requirement of statistical validity arises from the chance that someone (like your buddy MC) guessed correctly - for example, there is a 50/50 chance of guessing a coin toss correctly, and of 25% for guessing 2 coin tosses correctly, etc.

Now, I realize you are old and cranky but please attempt to limit your personal attacks, and threats to hit people in the face, and try to discuss substance

24 minutes ago, Speed Racer said:

Here's the deal. You somehow think that your education and experience make you more of an authority than other people here. That your opinion carries more weight. I suspect that most people don't give a rat's ass about that. You may have a some information here and there from your education and work experience that is useful. But, for the most part, this hobby we have is dominated by information learned through experience with the hobby itself.  

Okay this a very easy one...you know my answer don't you ? But enough.

--------------------------------------------------

I have been in this hobby a long time and do agree with you that experience with the hobby itself is important.  I am not an EE or Audio engineer and state that fairly frequently. I confess I do happen to respect people that have earned degrees or otherwise standing in their profession. It doesn't make them right or un-challengable, nor is an automatic appeal to authority.

Sound Minds Mind Sound

2 minutes ago, Ralf11 said:

expertise is valuable, especially if an experiment cannot be conducted

but he lacks expertise in areas of relevance to SQ; worse, he disparages science

those are the real problems 

Who disparages REAL science ? I certainly don't , and use test equipment including DMM, Signal Generators, C.R.O. etc . wherever possible. I also rely on Data sheets etc. published by real  Professionals.

The problem here is that current science is NOT perfect in this area, as evidenced by the ongoing research by well respected E.E.s such as John Swenson etc.

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

14 minutes ago, Ralf11 said:

Now, I realize you are old and cranky but please attempt to limit your personal attacks, and threats to hit people in the face, and try to discuss substance

LOL !

We are really getting to you aren't we ? 

Now, once again, what are your REAL qualifications ?

Why should anybody take you seriously ?

Have we ever seen you post anything to further improve Computer Audio in this Forum ?

"for others if not for you:  the requirement of statistical validity arises from the chance that someone (like your buddy MC) guessed correctly - for example, there is a 50/50 chance of guessing a coin toss correctly, and of 25% for guessing 2 coin tosses correctly, etc. "

It's blindingly obvious from this that you have NFI how the 6 separate sessions of DBTs were performed. At least Eloise asked Martin personally for details on how they were performed.

BYE ! 

This thread has passed it's use by date.

No, you are not "getting to me" at all, tho it sounds like you'd like to.  You are completely inconsequential to me and to the areas I work in.

You are not competent to judge my qualifications, nor do I care whether you take me seriously or not.  Some people in CSIRO do tho.

"Have we ever seen you post anything to further improve Computer Audio in this Forum ?"

I don't know if you (or your tapeworm) has but I do try to help people with a few things.  My deepest apologies if you missed it.

My comments on the Colloms comments is based on the information YOU provided.

You have passed your use by date, and I hope I don't have to put the whole continent on ignore.

I hope you and the Royal Wallaby have fun.

21 minutes ago, Ralf11 said:

You are not competent to judge my qualifications, nor do I care whether you take me seriously or not.  Some people in CSIRO do tho.

I doubt that my CSIRO friend Jeff from Brisbane would though.

Incidentally, my CSIRO friend from Brisbane was one of the very first to confirm my reports about audible differences between music files with identical check sums, and as a Phasure Forum member finally convinced Peter St. to listen to my supplied comparison .wav files, where both Peter and a friend reported hearing differences. Attached is a photo of my Class A Preamp design that my CSIRO friend from Brisbane constructed.  

Anyway, I am sick of this stupid tit for tat , and will not be responding further to you or Speed Racer in this thread.

I can find much better things to occupy my time, such as actually listening to music !

Have a nice day !

Jeff C's HA.jpg

The posts made to this thread in the last few hours have provided proof that the answer to the question posed in the title is a resounding "YES" although the question probably should have been:

CAN FOLKS ON THIS FORUM AGREE ON ANYTHING, EVER?

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

26 minutes ago, sandyk said:

I doubt that my CSIRO friend Jeff from Brisbane would though.

Incidentally, my CSIRO friend from Brisbane was one of the very first to confirm my reports about audible differences between music files with identical check sums, and as a Phasure Forum member finally convinced Peter St. to listen to my supplied comparison .wav files, where both Peter and a friend reported hearing differences. Attached is a photo of my Class A Preamp design that my CSIRO friend from Brisbane constructed.  

I'm not Australian so I have to ask this. 

Does having a "CSIRO friend from Brisbane" a code word for something else that only Australians understand?

You repeated it three times in one paragraph so I'm guessing that it means something other than you know someone at this organization. I tried looking it up online but Google wasn't very helpful.

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

9 minutes ago, kumakuma said:

I'm not Australian so I have to ask this. 

Does having a "CSIRO friend from Brisbane" a code word for something else that only Australians understand?

You repeated it three times in one paragraph so I'm guessing that it means something other than you know someone at this organization. I tried looking it up online but Google wasn't very helpful.

If we told you we'd have to kill you.....:ph34r:

Sound Minds Mind Sound

4 hours ago, kumakuma said:

I tried looking it up online but Google wasn't very helpful.

Then it looks like beautiful noodle chicken soup countries block a few things. O.o

CSIRO01.thumb.png.9ce99a0359fae4550698a778f89179c9.png

But then I heard that using Google is like art. Or maybe a skill ?

Nah ...

Lush^3-e      Lush^2      Blaxius^2.5      Ethernet^3     HDMI^2     XLR^2

XXHighEnd (developer)

Phasure NOS1 24/768 Async USB DAC (manufacturer)

Phasure Mach III Audio PC with Linear PSU (manufacturer)

Orelino & Orelo MKII Speakers (designer/supplier)

Start laughing ... Google is too difficult for me :

Just now, PeterSt said:

LOL

OK, at least proved that I'm really not into metal.

But this is mean. I just said elsewhere that Googling might be a skill, and I explicitly checked this morning for "Scorpions" and "rock in rio". And it exists.

Scorpions01.thumb.png.7d94b0f680dfb3c80d2bbe79ca982a9b.png

So I need more Google education.

Thank you synn, I stand corrected !

Lush^3-e      Lush^2      Blaxius^2.5      Ethernet^3     HDMI^2     XLR^2

XXHighEnd (developer)

Phasure NOS1 24/768 Async USB DAC (manufacturer)

Phasure Mach III Audio PC with Linear PSU (manufacturer)

Orelino & Orelo MKII Speakers (designer/supplier)