IGNORED

Is there any Device as good as or better than the LUMIN D1

51 minutes ago, beerandmusic said:

Also to add, I believe (but unsure) that any DLNA renderer is roon ready (may not be certified?) but any renderer can be used with roon?  Is that a correct statement?

No.  Roon doesn't support DLNA.  Their developers feel it's inherently flawed and they wouldn't be able to give their users the experience they wanted if they used DLNA.  Thus they developed RAAT, their own network transport.

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/whats-wrong-with-upnp/2101/3?u=rugby

Roon Rock->Auralic Aria G2->Schiit Yggdrasil A2->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301 Monos->Wilson Audio Sabrinas

3 minutes ago, beerandmusic said:

So to clarify if a network device does not support "RAAT" then it won't work with roon?

Also, are there any devices that support RAAT, but are not certified (e.g. the included support but not pay royalties to get the ROON certification)?

If they don't support DLNA, This is a big mistake imho.  Flawed or not, I am sure they are losing millions if not billions by not supporting it....my guess is that if they don't support it, they can market what they want, but the truth is they just don't have the engineering "yet" to figure it out....otherwise it would be very stupid not to support it....but then again, they are so stupid to still not support folder structure browsing.  They have been promising it for years....they need better engineers.

No they support airplay.  They also support certain hardware like Sonos and Squeezeboxen.

Not supporting DLNA is fine in my books.  It's crap and they've made an educated decision not to support it, their RAAT protocol offers the user much more such as synced zones for one.  Assuming they don't have the ability to figure out an open protocol is pretty naive on your part.  Brian and company at Roon are some exceptionally smart developers and this praise is coming from someone that writes software for living.

Just buy a used Ayre Codex already and enjoy some of the most sublime sounding music you will ever get from a DAC under 2k.  I've said it before, IMO there is no better sounding DAC on the market for under 2k.

Roon Rock->Auralic Aria G2->Schiit Yggdrasil A2->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301 Monos->Wilson Audio Sabrinas

1 hour ago, beerandmusic said:

Does it support network and have usb galvanic isolation?

No, but IMO it will sound better than any DAC <$1000 with network and usb galvanic isolation.  But your priorities are elsewhere.

Back on topic I've never seen anything but praise for Lumin in my various forum wondering.

2 minutes ago, beerandmusic said:

What do you mean by your forum?  Do you have your own website?

I fixed my statement.  Various forum wondering.

I've said it before, I think your focus on technical requirements it misguided but it's your money not mine.

5 minutes ago, beerandmusic said:

Can you clarify this statement?

Are you saying that it is stupid to expect usb noise reduction circuitry for a usb dac?  I think Schiit is leading the way in this endeavor.  I EXPECT to see it in ALL future USB dacs $500 and above.

I think you should worry about finding the best sounding DAC within your budget.  USB noise reduction doesn't make a DAC sound the best.  Ignore all Decrapifier threads the world is a happy place.