IGNORED

Ayre Codex, Lampizator Amber, Schiit Yggy, exaSound e32, and Ayre QX-5, DAC Comparison  -A Short Story

Wow! The e32 beats the Yggdrasil?! Many members of online audio forums on suicide watch! BTW, it's widely reported that the Yggdrasil needs 7 days straight burn-in, and another 2(?) days of warmup after being turned off. Astounding performance of the exaSound, which is basically just a Sabre DAC! I read exaSound puts a lot of engineering effort into clean regulated power which is a big deal in DACs.

But since it's a Sabre DAC you can realize big gains by up-converting your non-DSD tracks to DSD 256 through the player; this bypasses Sabre's SRC stage which leads to further quality gains. Actually, do that with the Amber too to bypass its SRC and go straight into the DSD module.

I’ve been overly dismissive of exaSound in the past; I’ll admit to having simply turned my nose up at a little Sabre box for that much money. But they’re bundling in a LPS, discounting, with MQA coming? It might be time I finally give it a shot.

I hear literally nothing but good about anything with the Audience name on it. I should go get a loaner from the Cable Co.