IGNORED

Sonore ultraDigital v2.0

2 minutes ago, Rick U said:

I have a noob question.  Is there anything to be gained by converting usb from my Aurender n100 to IS2 then into my PA Audi DirectStream?  I currently have a regen between the components and no bridge in the DirectStream.  

Perhaps... perhaps not.  Only you can decide these things by testing yourself, as there are too many variables to predict the outcome.  My own opinion is that SPDIF (and I2S) is generally speaking, a flawed interface by design, but some DACs sound better via SPDIF (usually because their USB input section is not implemented well enough).

Using the ulraDigital will provide an additional layer of isolation from the Aurender to the DirectStream, which may, or may not, be a benefit.

My own opinion would be that greater gains could be achieved using an optically isolated Ethernet Renderer, like the eopticalRendu or Signature Rendu SEoptical...  But of course this is a Sonore forum! 

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

21 hours ago, Rick U said:

I have a noob question.  Is there anything to be gained by converting usb from my Aurender n100 to IS2 then into my PA Audi DirectStream?  I currently have a regen between the components and no bridge in the DirectStream.  

I used that combo which I was happy with, as I prefer the I2S input on my PS Audio DS Junior DAC. I found the Ultradigital better with the Isoregen. As with all these things the better the power supplies the better the result. However 'Windom' DAC software update changed the sound of my system so much that I'm in a process of reconfiguration, so I've removed the add ons for now.

Topaz 2.5Kva Isolation Transformer > EtherRegen switch powered by Paul Hynes SR4 LPS >MacBook Pro 2013 > EC Designs PowerDac SX > TNT UBYTE-2 Speaker cables > Omega Super Alnico Monitors > 2x Rel T Zero Subwoofers. 

As with all these things the better the power supplies the better the result. 

I agree!!   I have the Signature SE's from Swagman Labs on all my Sonore and small green computer equipment. ( http://www.swagmanlab.com/Linear-Power-Supplies ). I get the "Signature Edition" version of power supplies that you need to email and ask about. I do like the I2S into my PS Audio Stellar DAC. I didn't sit there going back and forth to see about the difference, because it's a pain getting the whole entertainment unit to move out of the way. This setup sounds fantastic to me!! I am just hoping that somehow small green computer figures out how to add Amazon to the i5 Transport...  Picture of my i5 Transport and Swagman Labs power supplies. You can't see my MicroRendu or UltraDigital that are mounted behind them. 

20191103_100808.jpg

Thanks for the replies and sharing your knowledge.  Another route I’m considering would be to get rid of the Aurender N100 and set up something simple to check out Roon.  This set up would include PS Audio i2s bundle from small green computer https://www.smallgreencomputer.com/collections/recommended-solutions/products/ps-audio-i2s-bundle-ultrarendu-ultradigital-7v-linear-power-supply?variant=15408519708706.

Assuming I get a sonic trasporter to complete the package, should this out perform my Aurender?

• 1 month later...

I've been running the Ultradigital for a year into the PS Audio Stellar Gain Cell using Sbooster Mk2 without the Ultra. Well, just got the 7.5V ultra for xmas and it transformed the sound! Noise dropped away, transparency up huge, and bass is much cleaner.

Macbook/Audirvana/SoxDSD128_upconvert -> Wifi -> Switch -> UltraRendu (Sbooster Mk2) -> Curious Regen Link -> Ultradigital (Sbooster Mk2/Ultra 7.5V) -> PS Audio HDMI -> PS Audio Stellar Gain Cell DAC

Note, I hear much better results plugging the Sboosters into the HC section of the Dectet which have common mode but not differential filtering. When the Sboosters are in the other zones the music dynamics go away.

• 4 months later...

I'm told we don't do a good enough job promoting our gear so here is some customer feedback on the ultraDigital.

"I have been an audiophile for almost 40 years, always in pursuit of the best sound. I have never heard music sound this good !!!  This is a new level."

• 1 month later...
  • vortecjr changed the title to Sonore ultraDigital v2.0