IGNORED

Sonore ultraDigital v2.0

3 hours ago, nbpf said:

I'm on the fence with this product and can't wait for some reviews to help me decide

If somone sends me a sample I’m happy to do a test against my modified SU-1 done by @scan80269  ?

(MicroRendu 1.4)

Yes, I think several potential buyers would like to know how the the UD performs against the probably best DCC !

Especially if can you save yourself an extra LPS-1 and achieve equal SQ. 

Have a look in this thread about SU-1

12 hours ago, R1200CL said:

It’s also interesting to notice that Sonore suggest (by offering the best Y-split cable available ?) that both the UltraRendu/MicroRendu and the UR can or should? be powered from the same LPS-1 (well at least same PS). 

Sorry, Jesus said in an earlier post that there is not enough current to power both from an LPS-1.

15 hours ago, R1200CL said:

Well, it seems  none of the present standards and formats really is. Well I mean designed for audio transfer with higher bit rate. 

Except maybe Ethernet ?

But Jesus, I hope you add XLR in next version of your DCC, as those of us that have expensive  DAC’s without USB, quite often prefer the AES/EBU interface. Or maybe an UltraRendu with RCA and XLR ?

Looking forward to listening impressions with the UD. And especially in comparison with the SU-1.

I disagree i2s/USB/Ethernet can all transfer audio at high bit rates. No plan to add XLR.  

3 hours ago, jjraffin said:

Sorry, Jesus said in an earlier post that there is not enough current to power both from an LPS-1.

The sad that just passed was for a sBooster powering both the micro/ultraRendu and the ultraDigital with a DC Y-cable. If you are going to use an LPS-1 you will need two of them. While you at it it might be a good idea to shunt the DC neg of the energizing SMPS to AC ground per John's/Alex's recommendations.  

13 hours ago, R1200CL said:

If somone sends me a sample I’m happy to do a test against my modified SU-1 done by @scan80269  ?

(MicroRendu 1.4)

Yes, I think several potential buyers would like to know how the the UD performs against the probably best DCC !

Especially if can you save yourself an extra LPS-1 and achieve equal SQ. 

Have a look in this thread about SU-1

Do you know how the modified Singxer SU-1 performs against the Mutec MC-3+ USB and the Schiit Eitr? I have come across  a report (http://www.basshead.club/spdif-battle-mutec-singxer-lynx-rednet-et-al/#comment-171) suggesting that the Eitr might actually be better than both the unmodified SU-1 and MC-3+ USB. What do you think? 

1 hour ago, nbpf said:

Do you know how the modified Singxer SU-1 performs against the Mutec MC-3+ USB and the Schiit Eitr?

No ?

I suggest you take the question over to the SU-1 thread I linked to. You most likely get some better opinions.  You should also tell them what your present gear is. Or just google a lot. But that link you gave is probably not to far from the truth. 

Though I would in any case advice a DCC that accepts LPS-1 (or the Winni Rossi), with Starquad DC cable and Oyaide plugs.

And you maybe as me prefer AES EBU interface...

And most likely price reflect what you get in these cases. 

If you are patient, maybe John S and Alex C has something for xmas.

Based on the little info we have on the UD, I suspect it will be among the 3 best DCC’s, so if Jesus offer you a return, why not try it ?

Send him a email. 

9 minutes ago, R1200CL said:

No ?

I suggest you take the question over to the SU-1 thread I linked to. You most likely get some better opinions.  You should also tell them what your present gear is. Or just google a lot. But that link you gave is probably not to far from the truth. 

Though I would in any case advice a DCC that accepts LPS-1 (or the Winni Rossi), with Starquad DC cable and Oyaide plugs.

And you maybe as me prefer AES EBU interface...

And most likely price reflect what you get in these cases. 

If you are patient, maybe John S and Alex C has something for xmas.

Based on the little info we have on the UD, I suspect it will be among the 3 best DCC’s, so if Jesus offer you a return, why not try it ?

Send him a email. 

Thanks, I would not mind trying the UD and the Eitr against my current setup but I am located in Germany and sending stuff back and forth is a bit costly and annoying. Also, the Eitr has been out of stock for meanwhile months. AES EBU is nice but I have a Naim DAC. Thus, the only option is SPDIF, ideally via BNC connector. If the UD will be among the 3 best DCCs, which ones are the other two?

5 hours ago, vortecjr said:

Power input: 6-9 VDC at 200 mA

Jesus

But then there should be enough power to use the LPS-1 with an Y-cable. And power both the MicroRendu and the uD.

Correct ?

Have you actually tested ?

For the UltraRendu it may be different, unless you’re lucky and have one of those more powerful LPS-1, and then probably not possible as the specs says 1A continues. 

But I also notice that it’s stated that the MicroRendu draw 1A. I’m not so sure this is a correct number. Before I bought my second and third LPS-1, I did power from the very same LPS-1 the following devices:

1.MicroRendu (1.3}

2.HiFace EVO 

3.One or maybe it was even two FMC,s

Isn’t so, that the one 1A spec also including a possible 5V Vbus, that can draw 500 mA ?

My conclusion os that with the uD, you will not use the Vbus power, and hence the LPS-1 is sufficient to power both one of the rendues as well as the uD with a Y-split. 

5 hours ago, R1200CL said:

Jesus

But then there should be enough power to use the LPS-1 with an Y-cable. And power both the MicroRendu and the uD.

Correct ?

Have you actually tested ?

For the UltraRendu it may be different, unless you’re lucky and have one of those more powerful LPS-1, and then probably not possible as the specs says 1A continues. 

But I also notice that it’s stated that the MicroRendu draw 1A. I’m not so sure this is a correct number. Before I bought my second and third LPS-1, I did power from the very same LPS-1 the following devices:

1.MicroRendu (1.3}

2.HiFace EVO 

3.One or maybe it was even two FMC,s

Isn’t so, that the one 1A spec also including a possible 5V Vbus, that can draw 500 mA ?

My conclusion os that with the uD, you will not use the Vbus power, and hence the LPS-1 is sufficient to power both one of the rendues as well as the uD with a Y-split. 

Do not power a micro/ultraRendu and ultraDigital from the same LPS-1.  

Where  does it say say sold out on page below ?

SMG may be sold out, but not Sonore, and since the Black Friday is shipped form somewhere else, it seems not to be sold out either. Hurry up ?

I can press add to chart, and get direct to PayPal. 

@vortecjr  is @oneguy correct, and are there delivery time on already placed orders ?

EC32CE42-C714-4FB6-95B9-013366EE4080.png

Actally the Black Friday link still work ?

From what I've read, the benchmark DCC these days is the Eitr.  Will be interesting to discover if UD is *better*. Considering the much higher price, it should be.

Tidal / Qobuz--> Roon--> Fios Gigabit--> Netgear Prosafe GS105 --> Supra 8-->EtherRegen --> Fiber--> opticalRendu / CI Audio LPS --> Curious Evolved Link --> Chord Qutest--> AQ Water --> Belles Aria Integrated--> AQ Robin Hood--> Kudos Super 20's

3 hours ago, OldBigEars said:

From what I've read, the benchmark DCC these days is the Eitr.  Will be interesting to discover if UD is *better*. Considering the much higher price, it should be.

Yes, although the uD is a USB to SPDIF and i2s convertor whereas the Eitr converts USB to SPDIF only, if I am not mistaken. The other usual suspects - SU-1, MC-3+ USB, hiFace Evo 2, etc. - all seem to offer a little bit more functionalities and outputs. I guess the crucial question is how sensitive the uD is to the quality of the incoming USB stream. Hopefully the uD implements an USB pre-processing stage that is comparable with the one of the ISO Regen: if it turns out that I have to upfront the uD with an ISO Regen in order to get an improvement over my hiFace Evo 1, I would rather go for the Mutec or for the Eitr.   

6 hours ago, nbpf said:

... I guess the crucial question is how sensitive the uD is to the quality of the incoming USB stream....   

I thought I read on an earlier post that the uDigital was primarily for xxxRendu owners who wanted an alternative to the USB only outputs of the Rendus, so, if you have one of those then this is not an issue. However, I may have interpreted incorrectly.

Main System: NAS or QOBUZ > BlueSound Node 2i > Schiit Gungnir MultiBit > PYST XLR > Schiit Mjolnir 2 or Gilmore Lite MK2

Office System: iMac > Audirvana > Schiit EITR + Audiophonics LPS25 > Metrum FLINT NOS DAC (DAC TWO chips) > Schiit Magni 3+ > Aeon Flow Open

Loudspeaker System: NAIM Muso Gen 2