IGNORED

Sonore ultraDigital v2.0

4 hours ago, vortecjr said:

I just added the following notes on the website to clarify this:

For use with microRendu, ultraRendu, and Signature Rendu SE only. Please note Sonore will not provide support for direct connection to OS X or Windows.

Very disappointing! Will then Sonore provide support for direct connection to Raspbian, Debian GNU/Linux, etc.? Why do you provide Windows drivers for a product that is not meant to be connected to Windows devices? 

2 hours ago, nbpf said:

Why do you provide Windows drivers for a product that is not meant to be connected to Windows devices? 

He does not provide. The manufacturer Singxer of the uD is the one providing. I think Jesus is trying to avoid extra work on support. 

I thaught Linux was supported, since the SonicOrbiter is Linux. And Jesus did not mention Linux. 

What make you think Rasbian, Debian etc. will not work ?

Do you require a driver ? Why not ask the manufacture Singxer ?

Also read Sonore website stating:

• 4. No divers needed for Linux and OS X

http://sonore.us/ultraDigital.html

4 hours ago, nbpf said:

Very disappointing! Will then Sonore provide support for direct connection to Raspbian, Debian GNU/Linux, etc.? Why do you provide Windows drivers for a product that is not meant to be connected to Windows devices? 

We will not. We are not going to provide the driver for Windows.

2 hours ago, R1200CL said:

He does not provide. The manufacturer Singxer of the uD is the one providing. I think Jesus is trying to avoid extra work on support. 

I thaught Linux was supported, since the SonicOrbiter is Linux. And Jesus did not mention Linux. 

Do you require a driver ? Why not ask the manufacture Singxer ?

Also read Sonore website stating:

• 4. No divers needed for Linux and OS X

http://sonore.us/ultraDigital.html

We are going to instruct Singxer not to provide this service because it would not be fair to them. Again, for use with the microRendu, ultraRendu, and Signature Rendu SE only. No clue about other Linux based devices.    

8 hours ago, R1200CL said:

Nothing makes me think that the ultraRendu will not work with Raspbian, Debian etc.! On the contrary, I think it will work fine with Linux. I have simply asked if Sonore will support connecting the ultraRendu to Raspbian, Debian etc. and the answer was negative. Sonore can do what they want, of course. But, for me, this is a reason not to buy the ultraRendu.

7 hours ago, nbpf said:

Nothing makes me think that the ultraRendu will not work with Raspbian, Debian etc.! On the contrary, I think it will work fine with Linux. I have simply asked if Sonore will support connecting the ultraRendu to Raspbian, Debian etc. and the answer was negative. Sonore can do what they want, of course. But, for me, this is a reason not to buy the ultraRendu.

Edit: ultraRendu -> ultraDigital 

13 hours ago, vortecjr said:

We are going to instruct Singxer not to provide this service because it would not be fair to them. ...

Frankly speaking, I think that Singxer know what they are doing pretty well and do not need any supervision. The Singxer drivers for Windows were made available by Sonore through the Sonore web site until a few days ago. Thus, it seems to me that it is Sonore who should better know what they are doing, not Singxer.

1 hour ago, nbpf said:

Frankly speaking, I think that Singxer know what they are doing pretty well and do not need any supervision. The Singxer drivers for Windows were made available by Sonore through the Sonore web site until a few days ago. Thus, it seems to me that it is Sonore who should better know what they are doing, not Singxer.

I never said anything about supervision. What was on the site was the latest firmware. However, the units are shipping with the latest so there was no need to provide it. I’m not sure why you are getting defensive. 

5 hours ago, vortecjr said:

... What was on the site was the latest firmware. ...

To the best of my knowledge what was on the site were SU-1 drivers for Windows and their installation instructions, not firmware for the SU-1. I might be mistaken, of course. 

55 minutes ago, nbpf said:

To the best of my knowledge what was on the site were SU-1 drivers for Windows and their installation instructions, not firmware for the SU-1. I might be mistaken, of course. 

It was labeled driver/manual, but the link was to a firmware/manual. However, there is not point to this discussion because I don't plan to offer support for it.   

On 30.11.2017 at 8:18 AM, nbpf said:

I am looking forward to read your findings!

Well, I think this UltraRendu is a gem.  I think anyone purchase it will not be disappoited. 

Actally it’s so good that you may not even need to upgrade your MicroRendu ?

Use the money on a LPS-1. 

On 5.12.2017 at 7:06 AM, nbpf said:

Was DHL fast enough? How does the uD compare to the SU-1? Best, nbpf

DHL was very fast. Shipped on Friday, had it on Monday in Oslo. 

So far I would say it’s as a minimum equal to my modified SU-1 with LPS-1. 

I compare it with a MicroRendu 1.3 and a UltraRendu and switch the USB interface between the SU-1 and the UltraRendu. 

Play same song simultaneously on both and switch input on my DAC. Can’t hear a difference. 

I should be said that the Cisco switch (yes that perfect one?), the MicroRendu and the ultraDigital is powered from same LPS-1. 

The SU-1 and UltraRendu has separate PS. 

I need to to verify my findings.  But I think this ultraDigital is very good. 

Actually when I first started playing, the ultraDigital was clearly better with MicroRendu attached , cause I used HQPlayer on my Singxer. 

Had to put both on Roon. 

This seems very strange as well, cause HQPlayer shouldn’t have such a negative impact. 

My my friend is coming over next week with another LPS-1, so hopefully we can do more and hopefully better testing. Also I will have a replacement for my broken USPCB available, so I can use two of those in my testing. 

I may ask the local dealer to borrow me a Shiit Eitr. They should be available next week.

Should we have a listening impressions tread for the ultraDigital ?

Also I still don’t understand why Jesus say not to use a LPS-1 and Y split with the ultraDigital, and since he’s not answer I suggest you all just do as you like.

16 hours ago, R1200CL said:

DHL was very fast. Shipped on Friday, had it on Monday in Oslo. 

So far I would say it’s as a minimum equal to my modified SU-1 with LPS-1. 

I compare it with a MicroRendu 1.3 and a UltraRendu and switch the USB interface between the SU-1 and the UltraRendu. 

Play same song simultaneously on both and switch input on my DAC. Can’t hear a difference. 

I should be said that the Cisco switch (yes that perfect one?), the MicroRendu and the ultraDigital is powered from same LPS-1. 

The SU-1 and UltraRendu has separate PS. 

I need to to verify my findings.  But I think this ultraDigital is very good. 

Actually when I first started playing, the ultraDigital was clearly better with MicroRendu attached , cause I used HQPlayer on my Singxer. 

Had to put both on Roon. 

This seems very strange as well, cause HQPlayer shouldn’t have such a negative impact. 

My my friend is coming over next week with another LPS-1, so hopefully we can do more and hopefully better testing. Also I will have a replacement for my broken USPCB available, so I can use two of those in my testing. 

I may ask the local dealer to borrow me a Shiit Eitr. They should be available next week.

Should we have a listening impressions tread for the ultraDigital ?

Also I still don’t understand why Jesus say not to use a LPS-1 and Y split with the ultraDigital, and since he’s not answer I suggest you all just do as you like.

Thanks for your very informative feedback R1200CL! If you manage to compare the uR to the Eitr, please post your findings. Best, nbpf

17 minutes ago, R1200CL said:

@nbpf Eitr arrives here in Oslo if lucky at the earliest 15th. 

If it does I will test it on Saturday. 

Do you own any Sonore products yet ? And LPS-1 ? What DAC you use ? Roon ?

No, I do not own any Sonore product. My source is a fitPC3 running MinimServer and upmpdcli under a dedicated Debian distribution connected to a Naim DAC via an M2Tech hiFace Evo interface. Both the fitPC3 and the M2Tech are powered by Teddy Pardo linear PSUs, the USB cable between the fitPC3 and the M2Tech is the standard Supra USB cable. The connection between M2Tech and Naim DAC is via a BNC-BNC Naim DC1. The Naim Dac is connected to a Naim Supernait2 via Super Lumina. The SN2 outputs to Naim S-400 via Nac A5. I would like to keep UPnP server (MinimServer) and UPnP rendere (upmpdcli) running on the same machine. This is one of the reasons why I have so far not tried ultraRendu or sMS-200ultra. I might do so after I have upgraded my M2Tech with a more modern USB to SPDIF interface. That is the reason why I am interested in your tests. I have tried the Allo DigiOne as an alternative to my current nDAC feed but, as reported in this forum, I found it to sound less natural than my current source. Best, nbpf 

On 12/8/2017 at 7:18 PM, R1200CL said:

I have the EVO myself here. Just my laziness I’ve not listed it yet. 

I think your idea of exchange the DCC as the first step is the right way to go. 

Agree but ... the Mutec does not accept external PSU, the uD has only limited support and ... the Eitr is out of stock. I think that I am going to buy a few good bottles of red wine and postpone my upgrade plans to the time when some company comes out with something a little bit more substantial ...

10 hours ago, R1200CL said:

What support do need ? 

Most og not all DCC are AFAIK plug and play. 

Do you expect Eitr to integrate better with your hardware and if so why ?

Wine is good ?

I do not need any support but I am not keen to buy a USB interface that is meant to be used only with Rendu devices given that I do not plan to buy any ultraRendu or microRendu.  

6 minutes ago, nbpf said:

I do not need any support but I am not keen to buy a USB interface that is meant to be used only with Rendu devices given that I do not plan to buy any ultraRendu or microRendu.  

@vortecjr

You seems to potensial  loose costumers.You can of cause run your business as you like, but I would like to understand why you write ‘’For use with microRendu, ultraRendu, and Signature Rendu SE only.’’ ?

USB to SPDIF converter is quite standard I would say. So what is the reason why the ultra Digital can’t be used as a standard USB to SPDIF converter. 

Even in your marketing mail today, you seems not to like to have any votes  for the ultraDigital as the product of the year. 

Pleasy clarify why you think this extremely nice item, and maybe one of the best available, should not be used by other audiophiles ?

I may even know about a person that could be interested in use this board in his upcoming DAC. Should he contact Singxer, or is Sonore the company to ask ?

On 27.11.2017 at 11:27 PM, vortecjr said:

Do not power a micro/ultraRendu and ultraDigital from the same LPS-1.  

Why ?

There is enough power available. I tested and is doing it right now. Even with an additional switch powered. 

You even offering a y-cable in order to do this, but then from the Sbooster. 

Please tell me what the problem is, and/or the reason for your advice.